WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Morning visitor

Morning visitor

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM006477.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	260057Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM006479.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	260058

About 7:30 a.m. The garbage cans contain birdseed only, so I don't think that was the attraction. Probably the scent of all the small critters that feed there.

Boolit Master

They chow down on birdseed all the time!

Boolit Buddy

Yotes are cool.:

They're curious, always hungry, and an ambush predator.

If they can't get to the birdseed, but smell other critters that have been around-
    they may sit back and wait for them.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Latch kitchen door when pork butt is roasting!

Attachment 260628

Half eaten doughut thrown out door served as effective distraction so that neither bear spray nor pistol were needed.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

I had this a few years back Form todayClick image for larger version. 

Name:	EB1B95D7-DA4D-48B0-AD7C-D0EAE6CA8F5B.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	272279
    Last edited by Deakota57; 11-29-2020 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Spell check mess up
    It takes more than just reading, to prepare a young soldier for battle.
    Your experience means the world to the young.

That's a neat thing to see, and of which to get a photo! The bear I had that came to the same location a couple of months ago and raided the feed cans has never come back. I suspect he/she is hibernating now.

Der. Gebirgsjager, loved your photo. I hunt Yotes here. The best I do with a photo with them is on trail cam... great job.

Well, Sir, they are around, but I seldom see them. We also have wolves. So two nights ago, it was very cold, I went out to the back porch to get some firewood. The porch light isn't much, maybe a 100W bulb, but there is a motion activated floodlight that came on. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash and figured it was the reflection from an animal's eyes. Next trip out I took my 3 cell flashlight and shone it toward where I had seen the flash. There were two sets of orange football shaped eyes looking at me from the forest. It was just like a Disney movie, pitch black except for the orange eyes. They were about dog height, and I thought I caught sight of a bit of grey fur, but wasn't certain. They were about 25 yds. away in the trees. So I know that different animals have different colored eye reflections at night. Deer are usually white, some critters greenish, but I never saw orange eyes before. Anyone?

Not I, not around here. We have Coyotes, Bob cat, Black Bear and Whitetail Deer. No orange eyes.

Moderator Emeritus

I use a red light to see what is watching us when the dogs are out. Have a fenced in yard. Started using it when I noticed my girlfriend's dog was being stalked by a coyote on other side of chain link fence. He is a German short hair pointer and 72lbs. That coyote was a good size. His eyes reflected back a reddish color but could see where it might be "orangish ". Now I keep the light mounted on my 17 hornet so I can reach out and touch him next time.

That will do it ! Stay safe

Boolit Bub
    Seeing more and more of them around my area every year.

Boolit Bub
    They yip like mad around my place in the country but I've yet to see one. One night I heard them doing the wounded animal trick to lure in my dog while the others laid in wait. Shortly after the "distress" sounds, I yelled and the yipping and running away commenced.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    Well, Sir, they are around, but I seldom see them. We also have wolves. So two nights ago, it was very cold, I went out to the back porch to get some firewood. The porch light isn't much, maybe a 100W bulb, but there is a motion activated floodlight that came on. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash and figured it was the reflection from an animal's eyes. Next trip out I took my 3 cell flashlight and shone it toward where I had seen the flash. There were two sets of orange football shaped eyes looking at me from the forest. It was just like a Disney movie, pitch black except for the orange eyes. They were about dog height, and I thought I caught sight of a bit of grey fur, but wasn't certain. They were about 25 yds. away in the trees. So I know that different animals have different colored eye reflections at night. Deer are usually white, some critters greenish, but I never saw orange eyes before. Anyone?
    Obviously it was bigfoot.

I think different lights make the eye glow different. When we used to spotlight back in the keep your car warm halogen spotlight days Every deer we saw were green. You hit those same deer now with LED lights and they are white. I've never seen any eye glow orange, but have seen yellow plenty of times.

Banned
    Ok so I was up early and got my coffee and heading past master bedroom window and it sounds like about 3 people talking in the side lot. I mean I swear I hear people talking look out the window and there is about 10 crows with a little one who is in the center of this group looks like he fell out of the nest. The big crows take off as soon as they spot me and the little one runs into the brush by the fence. Has anybody else had this happen? It sounded just like people talking out there or maybe I did not know I could speak crow.

Moderator Emeritus

Hehe ever hear a fox scream when you are out in the woods in the dark and alone? You will never forget it.