WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Holy Ghost

Boolit Bub
    My comment was nothing to do about gender, rather size (and power).

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by .429&H110 View Post
    Was patiently explained to me the Trinity is like ice-water-steam.
    All same all different.
    God is ice, solid, cannot be moved.
    Jesus is water, dissolves anything, even hard hearts.
    Holy Spirit is steam, invisible, everywhere, can push a train.

Poor example perhaps, but works for me.
    Who made all this water, anyway?
    how about this : God is the spring, source , Jesus is the water flowing from the spring and the Holy spirit is the growth that comes from the surrounding water

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    I can't help but wonder if you're married and, if so, who is the head of your household?
    I am married I got remarried after my first wife died. I don't boss my wife around, it is a partnership, and equal partnership. Equal in most ways, except I am 20 years older than she is and I make $100,000 more a year than she does.

Tim
    Last edited by dtknowles; 04-20-2020 at 04:26 PM.
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    Your illustration suggests God is one person who changes personalities. The Bible states that "God" (the Godhead) is made up of three individual people. It is better to think of "God" as a company or family.

While each member of the Trinity has the attributes of God, each person has a unique role and relationship to the others.
    in genesis it says let US make man in OUR image chapter 1 verse 26.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jakemo View Post
    My comment was nothing to do about gender, rather size (and power).
    You said he and him when addressing the Holy Spirit instead of it. You assigned a gender to the Holy Spirit.

Tim

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    You said he and him when addressing the Holy Spirit instead of it. You assigned a gender to the Holy Spirit.

Tim
    God is always referred to as our FATHER and HE is not a person HE is a spirit. noone has seen God at any time.

Boolit Master

"He is very powerful and I could never imagine using the word 'little' to describe Him" do you mean those pronouns as you use them or is it you are uncomfortable with gender neutral pronouns like it or they? Do you consider the "Holy Spirit" and or God to be male? Could you even consider the idea that the "Holy Spirit" might be the feminine side of God?

One of the challenges of Christianity is that is strongly Patriarchal. The role of women in Christian life is constrained. This problem stretches across all the Abrahamic Religions. Jews and Muslims have the same challenge.

Patriarchy is going the way of the Dinosaurs.

Tim
    The Bible recognizes the rights of women. It never says that women are inferior to men. Nor does it say women are to be dominated by men.

The Bible places the husband in authority over the wife. But in order to understand that relationship, we have to understand authority as presented in the Bible. Authority is always for the benefit of those being led. Leadership is to be exercised in love and wisdom. The Bible never tells the husband to ignore his wife's input or advice.

If you consider the culture and family structure during biblical times, you will understand why the husband made the decisions for the family. The wife spent her time in the home preparing food, raising children, etc. The husband had more contact with the world outside the home. This has changed and we are somewhat different now. The differences between men and women should also be considered when it comes to decision making.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by a danl View Post
    God is always referred to as our FATHER and HE is not a person HE is a spirit. noone has seen God at any time.
    God is not always referred to as our FATHER, that is an Abrahamic thing. Didn't God appear to Moses and Abraham?

The most recently installed faith of Druidism is a monotheistic faith with a Goddess as the patron. Her name is Brigid.

Why wouldn't the creator of the universe be a woman, maybe a woman gave birth to the Universe.

Tim

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by a danl View Post
    The presentation of God as Father is the final step in His progressive revelation to man. He was called by many descriptive names throughout the Old Testament.

Just because one is a spirit doesn't mean one is not a person. The Bible presents God as a person, but yet God the Father is spirit. (I guess you see "person" as synonymous with "human being"?)

"No one has seen God at any time" is referring to understanding his personality. It was true up to the point of Jesus' incarnation. At that time, Jesus made God known: "If you have seen me, you have seen the Father."

Boolit Master
    I am married I got remarried after my first wife died. I don't boss my wife around, it is a partnership, and equal partnership. Equal in most ways, except I am 20 years older than she is and I make $100,000 more a year than she does.

Tim
    Okay, you'e an equal partnership. But my question remains, "Who is the senior partner?

I mean, somethings can't be resolved by a committee of two voters so who breaks the impasses? Who wears the pants and who wears the panties at your house?

God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are spirit, not humans, so your issue of gender has no meaning when applied to God. God has clearly chosen males to care for, protect, guide and provide for his family; incumbent with that responsibility goes the authority to be the leader and God holds us too that task.

Proper family authority is not the way "liberals" seem to believe. Proper authority is not tyranny. Each husband is told to honor his wife as himself and, therefore, earn her respect and obedience. The happiest households I've ever seen were built on that Godly principle. Those couples who each determined to make the final decisions have been the unhappiest and most likely to end in divorce.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Okay, you'e an equal partnership. But my question remains, "Who is the senior partner?

I mean, somethings can't be resolved by a committee of two voters so who breaks the impasses? Who wears the pants and who wears the panties at your house?

God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are spirit, not humans, so your issue of gender has no meaning when applied to God. God has clearly chosen males to care for, protect, guide and provide for his family; incumbent with that responsibility goes the authority to be the leader and God holds us too that task.

Proper family authority is not the way "liberals" seem to believe. Proper authority is not tyranny. Each husband is told to honor his wife as himself and, therefore, earn her respect and obedience. The happiest households I've ever seen were built on that Godly principle. Those couples who each determined to make the final decisions have been the unhappiest and most likely to end in divorce.
    I expect that your experience holds for what you have known. How far from where you were born do you now live? Has your family ever lived far from your current home? I think your experiences are limited.

I certainly don't wear panties but both my wife and I wear pants but often she wears dresses. When we disagree we often compromise but since it is just the two of us we don't need or have a leader. We are not Christains so the Abrahamic principal of the wife being obedient to the husband does not apply. Respect is earned not given by some passage from a book. If I gave my wife a stupid order she would not comply, she has more sense than that. Beside her looks I picked her for her smarts.

Regarding God and gender, you make my point. "So your issue of gender has no meaning when applied to God" agreed so why use gendered pronouns? Go read what I have written here for years and see how I can talk at length about God without even implying gender.

Tim

Boolit Master

We are not Christains so the Abrahamic principal of the wife being obedient to the husband does not apply.
    Sarah might have been obedient to Abraham, but if you read their story it doesn't seem like he asserted himself very often. In fact, he listened to his wife's ideas a little too much when he probably should have known better!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12