MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaned Cases - Inside

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by greenjoytj View Post
    I read a post not to long ago where the reloader inserted into the cartridge case a chunk of packing material similar to styrofoam peanuts to keep the powder pressed to the flash hole.

I’ve recently received a package the contained cylinders of a packing material that is very low density puffed material like Cheesies snacks, they did not feel like typical styrofoam.

Maybe the crud found on those range pick ups is fouling residue left over from this type of packing peanuts.
    That type pf packing material is biodegradable. It is made of starch and will turn to mush in water unlike Styrofoam. It can be eaten.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    If it was BP residue, with hot water, lemon shine, dawn and ss media it should have cleaned them up slick as a whistle. I also have picked up range brass with spiders, spiderwebs. paper wasp, etc. in it that has been laying around for a while - but for the most part, it seems like the ss pins and good tumbling times should clean most of it out. I would wonder about what was stated on possibly someone was using a filler as well.

How well do you rinse after tumbling? I usually do a couple of rinses - put on the tumbler for a few minutes, drain and do it again. If I thought that some had had BP charges, laid around for a while - I would;d tumble longer and possibly rinse more to make sure they were thoroughly rinsed. I lay mine out on a towel to dry an if you rinse still had some dirty fouling in it, I could see the possibility of the water evaporating and leaving spots of fouling inside the case.

Boolit Buddy

If it were me, I just load them up and shoot it out. Not like you are losing a lot of case capacity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12