WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: Pays to be a good neighbor

Boolit Man

Pays to be a good neighbor

During my forced seclusion I have taken some time to teach my neighbor how to handload 357 mag with boolits. I gave him some to try and he is like a little kid with a new toy. He was so grateful he wanted to give me a gift, I told him it wasn't necessary but he insisted. I was a bit shocked when he gave me a lead boolit that came from the battle of Antietam. The story of how he came to get several of these is another story of showing kindness to others. I guess what comes around goes around.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Antietam1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	259984

Boolit Master

I think that was one of mine. Never did get it back as there was too much fighting at the time

That is probably a very meaning gift for those who cast and reload. Karma can be Cool, too.
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master

make sure you record any provenance you can get from him for your grandkids sake.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

That's cool.
    At least no one took it to their grave.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Do you think it was fired or dropped?

BB

Banned

I have a tomahawk that belonged to Crazy Horse........only thing about it is the head has been changed 3 times and the handle 4! Hard to prove it's from Anteitem!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smithnframe View Post
    I have a tomahawk that belonged to Crazy Horse........only thing about it is the head has been changed 3 times and the handle 4! Hard to prove it's from Anteitem!
    yeah, been enough reproduction guns that got defarbed by guys who were collectors that ended up fooling the so called experts at the NRA and Cody Museum

Boolit Grand Master
    You wouldn't believe how many bullets from the berm at the North-South Skirmish Association's Ft Shenandoah find their way into antique shops!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Now let's see. where did that boolit go........Oh, oh..I think I tossed it in the lead pot and now it's a .38 wadcutter!

Joking aside, that's a nice item. I think one can go to those CW battlegrounds and still pick them up.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    Now let's see. where did that boolit go........Oh, oh..I think I tossed it in the lead pot and now it's a .38 wadcutter!

Joking aside, that's a nice item. I think one can go to those CW battlegrounds and still pick them up.
    Not if it is a National Park.

Kevin
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Boolit Master

I have a very similar boolit that came from "The Battle of Wilson's Creek". This is a very famous civil war battle near Springfield, Missouri. As my grade school class was getting back on our school bus for the ride home, the bus driver handed it to me. Their are no rifling marks on it so I assume it was dropped. I've hung onto it for probably 65 years. I'll probably hang on to it.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Banned
    if anyone is interested I have about 40, 45 caliber lead balls for revolvers. They may have been used in the civil war because I said they were. 10$ each

Boolit Master
    Someone asked if it was fired or dropped. Dropped or set aside in some way, great condition.
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!