WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxLoad DataSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I accidentally bought a .380 Now I need mold suggestions

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by StuBach View Post
    I have an original Colt Government 380 and a S&W Bodyguard 380 and both are quite fond of this mold from Miha.

https://www.mp-molds.com/product/mp-358-93-hp-pb/

Bonus, he has one in stock and it’s 20% off.

I've never ventured into HP molds. As I never plan to use it for any sort of defensive use, I think I will stick to RN. I need to try one on these out though. Maybe in .357 or .44

Quote Originally Posted by StuBach View Post
    I have an original Colt Government 380 and a S&W Bodyguard 380 and both are quite fond of this mold from Miha.

https://www.mp-molds.com/product/mp-358-93-hp-pb/

Bonus, he has one in stock and it’s 20% off.

Just got the same one for my .380. 95grs with soft alloy. First cast. Cute little 9mm

Boolit Master

Oooohhhhh. Whose brass mold is that? NICE! Whose handles?
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
    Oooohhhhh. Whose brass mold is that? NICE! Whose handles?
    Cramer style MP 358-93, uses Lee handles or MP handles. I just got it.

Boolit Bub
    I have cast a lot of 9 MM with Lee Molds I'm going to start casting .380 I have the 102 grain I picked up at a gun show.

I like using the Lee Alox it worked great for 9 MM.

Not to hijack this thread but have to also ask. Gamsek does that mold have two different posts? one for HP and one for FP?

Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    Not to hijack this thread but have to also ask. Gamsek does that mold have two different posts? one for HP and one for FP?
    You have 4 pins for HP and 4 blank pins to make FP/solid and actually you can mix and cast 2 HP,2 FP.
    So it’s actually 2 moulds in one. I have many MP brass moulds, some with 2,3 and even 4 different pins (FP, small HP, deep HP, penta HP, cup HP..)

Boolit Master
    I am completely sold on the Lee 358-105-SWC for any and every .380 pistol I wish to shoot. I size my cast boolits at .358 in a Lyman 450 and seat them with a very small amount of the forward shoulder exposed outside the mouth of the case. I suppose one could tumble lube them if desired. In over 20 years of firing these boolits through various .380's I have never had a cycling malfunction with these boolits, not the first. Reliability means a lot to me so I am staying where I have found it.

I had an FN 1922 in 32 Auto and it was as accurate as my friends Ruger 22 Target models. I have only owned one 380, a Sig 938 that didn't shoot well enough to suit me so I sold it for profit within a week. I would most definitely grab one like you did for that price, though. I bet I could get used to that cartridge in that gun. And I would use the Lee105 swc as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    The MP mold is all gone. I just bought the last one. I like my Lee 95 rf a lot for the 380 and for plinking loads in the 9mm, but it just won't feed in one of my 9s. This one looks more like a TC profile, so I am hoping that is the ticket. Either way, looking forward to running HPs in CZ83

Boolit Master

Lee TL356-95-RF. Comes in 6-cavity. I just roll mine around in some melted Johnson's Paste Was and let 'em dry. Don't size. Shoot fine and zero leading at .380 ACP. Seems to be most accurate, and feeds in almost everything tried.

Boolit Master
    I did a quick Interweb search for the 6 cavity, aluminum, Ranch Dog TL358-100-RF, which my pair of 380 ACP Walther PPK digest with reliable precision. This specific mold isn't made anymore, of which I am aware, but others have posted that there are similar molds - StuBach's link looks promising and similar.

The Lee TL356-95 RF is much the same boolit, I have the six-cav and they drop at .357” and shoot well in my tcp. Stick with 100 gr. and under for .380 acp. Lee 356-102 2R (RN) is also great for the .380.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Boolseye; 04-12-2020 at 09:27 AM.

Boolit Master

I accidentally bought a .380 Now I need mold suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by joebaja View Post
    The MP mold is all gone. I just bought the last one. I like my Lee 95 rf a lot for the 380 and for plinking loads in the 9mm, but it just won't feed in one of my 9s. This one looks more like a TC profile, so I am hoping that is the ticket. Either way, looking forward to running HPs in CZ83
    Enjoy it. That was my first foray into Miha’s works of art and it for sure wasn’t my last. Being my most seasoned brass mold now it drops super easy and very nice bullets.

Hanzy, you may do a WTB post to see if anyone else on here has a 380/9mm mold their looking to sell?
    Last edited by StuBach; 04-11-2020 at 09:11 AM.

MP 358-93, feed and chambers great. Haven’t shoot it yet.

Boolit Buddy
    Couple months ago got the wife a Kimber Micro Rosewood 380ACP. 2 3/4" barrel. Beautiful little pistol that she just loves. Bought a Lyman 358242 that drops a 92 grain boolit. Size to .357. Wasn't the easiest thing to get to shoot accurately AND reliably at the same time. Finally settled on 2.4 grs of bullseye as accuracy load. Forgot amount but settled on Unique as a self defense load. Unique wasn't as accurate but got decent accuracy more velocity and still mild recoil.

Good luck, hope you enjoy your little pistol. Floyd

I did a quick Interweb search for the 6 cavity, aluminum, Ranch Dog TL358-100-RF, which my pair of 380 ACP Walther PPK digest with reliable precision. This specific mold isn't made anymore, of which I am aware, but others have posted that there are similar molds - StuBach's link looks promising and similar.

I love 380's
    We have 6 .380s with plans of another plus I'm casting and loading for about 12 altogether and I use the ranch dog mold.
    It works, shoots decent in everything and with the big meplat is a usable bullet with great penetration with 3gr Bullseye.
    Lee started selling this after Ranch Dog stopped
    Mine are all sized 358
    Last edited by reloader28; 04-11-2020 at 12:27 AM.

Boolit Master

I accidentally bought a .380 Now I need mold suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by reloader28 View Post
    I love 380's
    We have 6 .380s with plans of another plus I'm casting and loading for about 12 altogether and I use the ranch dog mold.
    It works, shoots decent in everything and with the big meplat is a usable bullet with great penetration with 3gr Bullseye.
    Mine are all sized 358
    I know NOE also makes a lot of Ranch Dog molds do I looked and they have some of those available as well in a couple of different configurations. Al does good work and has top notch customer service.

https://noebulletmolds.com/site/prod...358-100-rf-be2

The RG4 configuration also offers hollow point if your interested.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reloader28 View Post
    I love 380's
    Mine are all sized 358
    What’s your favorite? Currently my only .380 is a Taurus TCP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kinda prefer the Walthers. My brother has a Glock something that is really nice but my wife is really wanting one of those Smith and Wesson EZ. Browning makes a mini 1911 that is super sweet

Boolit Master

I got this mold while Ranch Dog was still selling. Really like it. I just lube by swirling them in melted Johnson's wax, let them dry, load and shoot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast