Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: for thought and meditation.. start your day.

USMC 77, USRA 79

for thought and meditation.. start your day.

31f and rain today...

His Resurrection Destiny
    By Oswald Chambers

Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory? —Luke 24:26

Our Lord’s Cross is the gateway into His life. His resurrection means that He has the power to convey His life to me. When I was born again, I received the very life of the risen Lord from Jesus Himself.

Christ’s resurrection destiny— His foreordained purpose— was to bring “many sons to glory” (Hebrews 2:10). The fulfilling of His destiny gives Him the right to make us sons and daughters of God. We never have exactly the same relationship to God that the Son of God has, but we are brought by the Son into the relation of sonship. When our Lord rose from the dead, He rose to an absolutely new life— a life He had never lived before He was God Incarnate. He rose to a life that had never been before. And what His resurrection means for us is that we are raised to His risen life, not to our old life. One day we will have a body like His glorious body, but we can know here and now the power and effectiveness of His resurrection and can “walk in newness of life” (Romans 6:4). Paul’s determined purpose was to “know Him and the power of His resurrection” (Philippians 3:10).

Jesus prayed, “…as You have given Him authority over all flesh that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him” (John 17:2). The term Holy Spirit is actually another name for the experience of eternal life working in human beings here and now. The Holy Spirit is the deity of God who continues to apply the power of the atonement by the Cross of Christ to our lives. Thank God for the glorious and majestic truth that His Spirit can work the very nature of Jesus into us, if we will only obey Him.

have a blessed and grateful day!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Grand Master

"When our Lord rose from the dead, He rose to an absolutely new life— a life He had never lived before He was God Incarnate. He rose to a life that had never been before."

I'm not so sure of that.

When our Lord came to earth in a human body He entered a new life He had never lived before, but continued his communion with the Father and the Spirit. On the Cross he was separated from the Father and the Spirit and the perfect communion that had existed eternity past ended. This was His true purpose, to take our sin upon Himself and become sin itself - which defeated death and Satan. When He rose He regained that communion with the Father and Spirit and will continue it for eternity.

That is how I understand the Bible.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning."
    John 1:1

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master

I thank God for giving me His Son that I am His child and He is my Father, May God receive all honor and glory.