Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: WTB/WTT respirator for processing lead

Vendor Sponsor

WTB/WTT respirator for processing lead

I’m looking for a respirator to process wheel weights. If anybody has one please shoot me a pm and we can discuss payment or trade value in COWW ingots.

Thanks,
    Bantou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Happiness is a warm .45

Boolit Master

What type you looking for, Replaceable filter, Disposable?

Vendor Sponsor
    Replaceable would be preferred.

Happiness is a warm .45

4. 04-08-2020, 09:38 AM
    Reason
    Not a discussion thread

I have a cert for respirator fitting (4 hour class at the local Tech College, any monkey can do this, me included) and even though 3M calls some of their masks "respirators", they dont maintain an airtight seal and cant pass either the QLFT or QNFT testing 3M calls for.

The N95 masks are not respirators, a respirator will seal off all air when the intakes are covered, this is the hallmark for fit-qual testing, no seal, no GO! Testing is stupid simple; put the mask on, barely snug the straps, give the mask a wiggle to seat it against your skin, cover both breathing holes with your palms and breathe in! If no air sneaks in around the seal, you are good-to-go!

3M has the 6200 line of half-mask respirators available at most of the box stores and large home centers, they come in small, medium and large. Be advised that some stores sell the cartridges separately and this can be expensive!

Using a pre-filter on the 6200 will extend your filtering time well past the prescribed time listed on the cart as most have an 'open time' for VOC exposure etc though they do make particulate filters, the 7046 filter with the pre-filter has a better overall rating.

Yes, I am a 3M fan-boy, being a Minnesotan, I wear 3M and shoot Federal as much as I am able! Hillas.com carries most of the 3M line.

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapaki View Post
    I have a cert for respirator fitting (4 hour class at the local Tech College, any monkey can do this, me included) and even though 3M calls some of their masks "respirators", they dont maintain an airtight seal and cant pass either the QLFT or QNFT testing 3M calls for.

The N95 masks are not respirators, a respirator will seal off all air when the intakes are covered, this is the hallmark for fit-qual testing, no seal, no GO! Testing is stupid simple; put the mask on, barely snug the straps, give the mask a wiggle to seat it against your skin, cover both breathing holes with your palms and breathe in! If no air sneaks in around the seal, you are good-to-go!

3M has the 6200 line of half-mask respirators available at most of the box stores and large home centers, they come in small, medium and large. Be advised that some stores sell the cartridges separately and this can be expensive!

Using a pre-filter on the 6200 will extend your filtering time well past the prescribed time listed on the cart as most have an 'open time' for VOC exposure etc though they do make particulate filters, the 7046 filter with the pre-filter has a better overall rating.

Yes, I am a 3M fan-boy, being a Minnesotan, I wear 3M and shoot Federal as much as I am able! Hillas.com carries most of the 3M line.
    The 3M 6200 is exactly the style I’m looking for.

Happiness is a warm .45

Pm sent

8. 04-08-2020, 10:59 AM
    Reason
    Not a discussion thread

9. 04-08-2020, 11:01 AM
    Reason
    Not a discussion thread

10. 04-08-2020, 11:59 AM
    Reason
    Not a discussion thread