Load DataInline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: No Drill Aperture Sight Musings...

Question No Drill Aperture Sight Musings...

A friend and I were talking the other day about "no gunsmith" aperture sights for MILSURP rifles and how nobody makes them anymore. I have one of the old Redfield target sights on my Krag, and I've been looking on ebay for Parker Hale sights for my Enfield #4 and M1917. I've found several, but people must think they are better investments than the stock market right now because they are pricey.

Anyway -- we were wondering if there was still a reasonable market out there for newly manufactured "no drill" sights for Krags, Enfields, M1917s, 1903s and whatever else you could mount a target sight on w/o having to drill the receiver. I suspect there are a number of folks out there like myself who would like to have good target sights on their MILSURP rifles but not have to ruin the value by drilling the receiver.

Just curious... there may not be much of a market, but who knows? Comments?

Boolit Master
    Would there be sucha thing for a K98?
    Thanx, Tim Kelley
    SFC US Army (Ret)
    NRA Life

Still have noclue!

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Actually, I think XS Sight systems here in Fort Worth makes one for the Mauser. I don't think it requires drilling, but I'm not 100% certain. BTW -- they make a good product. I have their scout mount on my Marlin 1895 and I really like it.

Smile

I think there'd be a market. Probably not a big one. Bugs the stew out of me to think about people cutting and drilling on old milsurps, but obviously many folks don't feel that way.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Boolit Master

check these out:
    http://www.mojosights.com/

There are also clamp-on sights available for the K31 and SKS from other sources.

Jack

Yes, I've seen those but they aren't true aperture target sights (they are a neat product though; I may have to get one for my Mosin Nagant M38). I was thinking about something more along the lines of the old Parker Hale sights or Redfield "no drill" sights for the Krag. Of course, one would have to adapt the design to the rifle.

Boolit Master
    I wish someone would start manufacturing the adapter plate that Redfield and Brownells used to sell. It allows you to use a Williams FP-71 aperture sight on No.4 Lee Enfields by simply removing the issue sight and replacing the ejector screw. I'd buy several if I could find them - and they weren't ridiculously expensive. It consists of the adapter plate and a screw that replaces the rear sight axis pin and threads into the adapter plate.

I've got this setup on a No.4 Mk 2 and I really like it. Plus, it was affordable - much less than a PH rear sight for the Lee Enfield. I'd post pix, but I'm 7,931 miles away from that rifle just now - give or take 100 miles!
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.