Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWideners
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
Load Data

Thread: revolver, changes after gunsmithing

Banned

revolver, changes after gunsmithing

Just what sort of changes to accuracy have you noticed when you had barrels turned in, forcing cone redone, and cylinder gap fixed up?

assuming the gun shoots perfect as is.

I had a couple of .44 special new flat tops worked over. Both guns shot well before I had the work done. My logic was that I was not going to put money into a gun that shot poorly hoping to make it into a shooter. What I got was superb trigger pulls, minimum cylinder gap, and pretty much zero forcing cone leading. In short the shootability of the guns was improved and the accuracy was easier to obtain than before. I have no regrets.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    The accuracy with cast bullets of most of my revolvers improved a lot after having the forcing cones cut to an 11 degree taper. Trigger jobs were needed on all but my S&W 1955 target revolver. My SBH's had the actions smoothed, the S&W guns got smooth with use.

Banned
    im expecting to loose up to an inch of barrel on a 6" factory barrel with how screwed up mine seems to be

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nikonuser View Post
    Just what sort of changes to accuracy have you noticed when you had barrels turned in, forcing cone redone, and cylinder gap fixed up?

assuming the gun shoots perfect as is.
    If "the gun shoots perfect as is," what is it that you hope the gunsmith can do for you? My basic practice is if I want to have a gunsmith work on my gun, I have a specific improvement in mind... either accuracy, shootability/handling, or appearance. If there is no such improvement because the gun already shoots perfect, I don't bother the gunsmith,

I SHOOT IT!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"