WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: Boredom

Boolit Master

Boredom

Think I’ve got 800-1000 Remington 10 gauge hulls that are trimmed to 2 7/8” and loaded with this that and the other . Usually when I load buckshot and slugs I load 25-30 of whatever size it is , since my 2 7/8” shells are kept in nice new white 10 gauge 3 1/2” boxes I fit a few extra over the normal 25 . So with eight sizes of buck and seven different slugs that’s about 400 hulls . Then take into consideration a box of #4 and #6 birdshot as well as a box each of #1 #2 and #4 bismuth another 130-135 hulls . So that keeps a lot of my hulls out of service until used . Then figure in I like to keep a flat of my light Red Dot loads with #8’s as well as another flat of Red Dot loads with #7 1/2’s and last but not least as close as I can get to a flat of Red Dot loads with #9’s . So to keep on hand for my covey of 10 gauge doubles I need to try and keep on hand about 1300 hulls . So to remedy that I ordered 500 nice new Remington 10 gauge 3 1/2” hulls from Precision Reloading yesterday along with some mylar wraps . I’d had the mylar stuff on backorder with midway for over a year . So this should keep me occupied for a week or so provided covid19 doesn’t find ne and take me out
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    Nice.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    That's the a investment in itself .
    I think the 10 gage should be a half inch shorter for most applications anyway .

Boolit Master
    I wanna first work on the 10 gauge stuff and about 700 16 gauge hulls . Then on to the 28 gauge I wanna do about 600 of them for the “anticipated” summer skeet five stand league . If I get thru all that I wanna do about 500 410’s and about the same in 12’s and 20’s .

Like I've said,,, Dedicated Shotgunner!

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    Like I've said,,, Dedicated Shotgunner!

Randy
    I’ve done shotgun games for the last 45+ years I see no reason to stop now ! The kicker in this thing is I do as much rifle shooting as I do shotguns . And while handguns are not my fav they’ve picked up quite a bit although the most out of the mainstream handgun i shoot and load for anymore is the 10mm . Handgun wise I’m 45 ACP 10mm 357 and 44 Mags with no intrest in adding anything other then “possibly” 9mm once my wife gets over here . I don’t like a 9 but she can handle it so good enough I’ll just stick to my old stand by 45 .

I'm at .40 S&W and .45 ACP and .44 Spec/Mag. I have a 9MM conversion barrel for my G23 and a box of ammo, but I've never fired it with the 9MM barrel.

My Favorite is all of them, as all have different uses. I have .44 cal rifles and handguns. I also have rifles and pistols for .40 S&W. I have a .45 ACP rifle but it doesn't work very well so I don't shoot it. Someone should buy it from me!

I shoot my G21SF best of all my Pistols.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

Boolit Master
    I loaded for my 222 bench gun and 6 PPC bench gun today . Enough for twenty five shot groups in both guns different charge in each load . And of course enough for foulers after cleaning . I usually shoot a fouler then 2 or 3 groups , clean and immediately shoot a fouler then let it sit and cool and no I don’t shoot two or three five shot groups in quick succession . I switch guns between groups . Usually ten groups from each rifle in a session is about as much as I can do without getting sloppy . So I’ve got enough for two range trips with those two . I might load up some stuff for my two HB 260’s as well .

Boolit Master
    They’ve built several AR’s for 40 and 45 at the shop . Think they also did one for a 10mm . That idea while not a bad one doesn’t intrest me much .

Yes they are kind of specialized. I have Ruger PCC in .40 S&W and I got it specifically to compliment my G23 and G35 which use the same magazines. It could be a good bug out gun to go along with the Pistols, but otherwise it is just a fun gun.

If I was bugging out I'd be taking my Kel-Tec SU16 as it only weighs 5.5/ lbs when loaded, and of course a pistol.

If staying home, the Shotguns are on the front line.

So many guns, so little time.

Randy

Boolit Buddy
    I have had a bit of fun with a cz scorpion 9mm. Now if only I could afford one of my own....

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty Boolit View Post
    I have had a bit of fun with a cz scorpion 9mm. Now if only I could afford one of my own....
    I thought you were talking about the custom
    Shop version of the CZ75 until I googled it . Four of the guys that hang out at the shop have the high end 75’s . My gunsmith buddies big on CZ550 African Guns as well as some 527’s . I’ve got one 550FS in 6.5x55 and a couple 527 HB’s in 222 and 6.5 Grendel . Hopefully one day soon I’ll run across one of the no longer made CZ550 FS rifles in 9.3x62 but other than that I’m
    good with my CZ accumulation.