Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't underestimate the .32s

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ReloaderFred View Post
    I've ruined many a great group with a second shot.............
    /\ OK - That one is going in the book !

Thank You !

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    I spent the last two evenings casting a few hundred bullets from my MP 314640 with the hollow pointer installed, then this afternoon I spent an hour converting the mould to a solid for the next round of casting. Even in my little S&W Long cases, I like my bullets a little heavier than the current GB offering... this mould drops at about 105 HP and 110 solid.

I will say that the MP mould is a joy to cast with. This was my first brass mould and I'm beginning to wish several of my favorites were brass as well. I got it in a GB that was just closing but I still had a long wait.

Froggie
    Aint that the truth!
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Grand Master
    Hey NZ, check for the PM incoming in a few! :
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    Gamsek, interesting gun, good dog, by Texas standards that’s living the dream.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Boolit Grand Master
    Hey Gamsek, Mihec sure does make a pretty mould doesn’t he?

I like your Frommer Stop pistol. I have a Femaru in 380, but am looking for the same gun in a Nazi era 32. The Hungarian firearms industry has been long under appreciated in this country due to lack of availability, but I really like what I’ve seen of them.

Froggie

Hey Gamsek, Mihec sure does make a pretty mould doesn’t he?

I like your Frommer Stop pistol. I have a Femaru in 380, but am looking for the same gun in a Nazi era 32. The Hungarian firearms industry has been long under appreciated in this country due to lack of availability, but I really like what I’ve seen of them.

Froggie
    Yes, I have few of his moulds. Just recently I bought a MP 358-93 HP (and two 9mm solid 115grainers) for my .380, a 1942 made Spanish Astra300 made for German pilots. Will replace 118grs Lee TL bullet y you see on photo. Took his 20% off offer so....

Boolit Grand Master
    One mould that Mihec doesn't list but I would love to have is that 313640 made with a plain base and no hollow point, just a plain little 2 cavity mould (brass in my dreams.) Of course I can accomplish the same thing with the blank plug in the mould I have, but it would be nice to eliminate the extra machinery rattling around.

BTW, as the Green Frog, I have to love those green PC bullets in your picture!

Regards,
    Froggie

Gamsek you have some cool old pistols there. I spend a lot of time hunting for brass when I shoot .32 acp.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Grand Master
    Here you can see nearly 200 of the Mihec 314640, sized, lubed w/50-50 Tamarack, and ready to load. A few should get loaded this afternoon. The MP mould from the group buy was worth the wait 6-7 years ago, I guess, but at my age I think any additional moulds will be bought off the shelf or on a custom, make-it-now basis. Another possibility might be to find a mould that is close and have it customized by a competent machinist (doing that process myself is above my pay grade! )

Froggie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A5274EB3-6A17-41F4-9613-C1B129D819DA.jpeg  
    Last edited by Green Frog; 04-13-2020 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Typo

Don't underestimate the .32s

Here you can see nearly 200 of the Mihec 613640, sized, lubed w/50-50 Tamarack, and ready to load. A few should get loaded this afternoon. The MP mould from the group buy was worth the wait 6-7 years ago, I guess, but at my age I think any additional moulds will be bought off the shelf or on a custom, make-it-now basis. Another possibility might be to find a mould that is close and have it customized by a competent machinist (doing that process myself is above my pay grade! )

Froggie
    There will be (someday) a 640 style .312 and .314 HP bullet for many .32. New design.

I would say it will be cut in 2 years. If I had a 7.62x25 I would definitely take that one too. Maybe I can buy a new TT pistol, hmm...Zastava M57 in mint condition are 200-250€ here.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...olds-312-85-RF

https://singleactions.proboards.com/thread/27303

A few years ago had a project S&W 32 on the burner. Was going to mill out frame to install m34 adj sights to make a 32/32 Kit Gun. I ended up trading it off because I didn’t have the fuzz to start grinding on a nice old S&W. Still have the sights and always looking for a gun that is good mechanical but a little beat exterior so I won’t feel bad whacking on it. A few years ago seemed to be a lot of S&W and Colt 4” 32s floating around. I don’t know were they went but they are scarce now.

Boolit Master

Yeah, 32s used to be common and cheap, like New Service Colts and large frame non-magnum Smiths. Long ago, I got into Colt Diamondbacks when they were common and cheap, and wanted to convert a 38 to 32 H&R. But, jeez, the bloomin' things are PRICEY now, making the conversion sorta painful.

Got lucky, though, found a late Colt DS in 32 that had already been rechambered to H&R and nicely blued. No collector value. Current plan is to install a 4 inch PPS barrel and Smith Kit Gun rear sight, with King front ramp. All parts on hand.

Skeeter wrote up just this sort of adornment on one of the 4" PPSs he got from J&G Rifle Ranch in the 70s.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamsek View Post
    There will be (someday) a 640 style .312 and .314 HP bullet for many .32. New design.

I would say it will be cut in 2 years. If I had a 7.62x25 I would definitely take that one too. Maybe I can buy a new TT pistol, hmm...Zastava M57 in mint condition are 200-250€ here.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...olds-312-85-RF

https://singleactions.proboards.com/thread/27303
    As I said, I would love to buy a plain 314640 solid in a brass 2 cavity mould, but with the plugs that came with my old GB mould, I can make that same bullet. Maybe if the plain mould becomes available and I can order it, I'll still be interested, but as of now I'll just have to listen to the late great philosopher, Kenny Rogers who said, "You've got to know when to hold 'em..." We'll see how things look in a couple of years.

Froggie

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    A few years ago had a project S&W 32 on the burner. Was going to mill out frame to install m34 adj sights to make a 32/32 Kit Gun. I ended up trading it off because I didn’t have the fuzz to start grinding on a nice old S&W. Still have the sights and always looking for a gun that is good mechanical but a little beat exterior so I won’t feel bad whacking on it. A few years ago seemed to be a lot of S&W and Colt 4” 32s floating around. I don’t know were they went but they are scarce now.

Drm50, that exact project is on a burner of my stove right now, all I need is to get a 4" barrel and a round tuit. I've even got a machinist with experience in similar projects who has agreed to do all of the work on this that is above my pay grade. My donor gun is a 1920s/'30s vintage blue RP that has already been (poorly) rebarreled, so no guilt at all!

Froggie

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nueces View Post
    Yeah, 32s used to be common and cheap, like New Service Colts and large frame non-magnum Smiths. Long ago, I got into Colt Diamondbacks when they were common and cheap, and wanted to convert a 38 to 32 H&R. But, jeez, the bloomin' things are PRICEY now, making the conversion sorta painful.

Got lucky, though, found a late Colt DS in 32 that had already been rechambered to H&R and nicely blued. No collector value. Current plan is to install a 4 inch PPS barrel and Smith Kit Gun rear sight, with King front ramp. All parts on hand.

Skeeter wrote up just this sort of adornment on one of the 4" PPSs he got from J&G Rifle Ranch in the 70s.
    Keep us informed of this project, please. And pictures, lots of pictures... we looove pictures!

Froggie

Boolit Master

Good ideas............
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Buddy
    An Optician can make you progressive glasses that carry the "near" correction farther up the lens so the front sight is in focus. They call them "Work" glasses. I got mine online from Zenni Optical for about $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    About as good as I can do at 25 yards

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Good shooting!!

35W
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12