MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 Census

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    I did our's last week on-line - just my wife and I and it only took maybe ten minutes. No "offensive" questions as far as I was concerned - the one that kind of tickled me was the race/ethnicity part - if you put down "white" - there was a spot below it where they wanted you to put in your ethnic background - i.e. Irish, Scotch, German - whatever. Hmmmm - for myself - I'm 4th generation Scotch-Irish with English, Welch and if you go back far enough - western Europe, etc. - a lot of folks, unless they've done their DNA or listened to their parents, grandparents, etc. wouldn't know - especially maybe the younger ones. I behaved myself though . . . I did list what I knew to be true - but I really wanted to just fill it in with the word 'MONGREL" or "MIXED-BREED", Kind of makes me wonder what Elizabeth Warren put down . . . . ?
    I'm offended; they didn't list "Okie" as a choice.
    Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post

P.S. I answered "Other" on the Race. Wrote in I was a Mongrel like most of the US Population.
    I also answered "Other" and then wrote in "Human".

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Do they tell all those people pooping on the street in San Francisco to go on line and fill out a form?
    Just wondering on how they count them, after all, we know they are counting them.

I got my Census package in the Mail. I opened it up No Census form inside. Instead was a piece of paper with a PIN code on it and another with directions to Answer the Census online. I did so and finished it. I have since received 4 more of the Census Packages all with the same PIN. In the trash they went.

Well, they have been saying no printed forms. you guys are funny. All this is is a confirmation of what the government already knows.

as far as homeless, yes, there are thousands of visits planned to shelters, food trucks, etc that cater to this population and the gov will be trying to count them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

Got the printed form and filled it out with minimal info and mailed a couple of weeks ago. The last Farm census a guy finally chased me down one day in the hay field, was raking hay, to ask questions and I told him I was retired. Last time I heard from them

Boolit Grand Master

My Wife filled ours out the other day. I never looked at it and She didn't make any comments about it.

Boolit Grand Master

I’ve been ignoring it. Will eventually get around to it. Answering anything more than how many people in the house is more than they need to know IMO.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Handloader109 – I enjoyed reading your informative post and from it, I assume you are a guvment worker . . . please be assured that my comments are not aimed at you individually.

So . . . the guvment is only going to mail out 4 mailings to remind people to fill out the census – then send out census takers to go from house to house for those that did not respond. As someone involved in it, perhaps you could tell us just how many pieces of mail total “4 times” amounts to . . . and at the same time, what the additional work load is on the Post Office to deliver all of those pieces of mail? You know . . . the U.S. Post Office that Pelosi was crying about last week that if they didn’t pass another bill to bail them out, she didn’t know how much longer they would be operational. The same “guvment run” Postal Institution that ALWAYS runs in the RED? Funny, I don’t remember any stamps on the forms I received . . . but then I guess that the department that runs the Census has “Franking rights”? You know . . . paid for by the taxpayers that are looked upon by Congress as a checkbook with no end to the funds in it? /the same taxpayers that if they don't fill out the "non intrusive" census will have someone knocking on their door to get the information?

Only on-line and then the “guvment” is going to send out Census takers to record on smart phones? The same guvment that “assumes” EVERYBODY has a smart phone . . a computer . . and internet service to fill out the Census forms? Maybe they ought to get together with the guvment agency that keeps claiming money is needed to provide internet services to those that don’t have it . . . you know . . . have a cup of coffee and actually “communicate” with each other so the left hand knows what the right hand is doing? The same guvment that assumes that everybody has a computer and a smart phone . . . but not all do because many are forced to make a choice to pay their bills . . . or pay their “voluntary income taxes” to the guvment rather than be able to budget those items and the internet into their lives . . and there are plenty of families out there in that situation. Hmmm . . . I’m guessing that if a smart phone or computer is required for your “guvment job” – that the guvment supplies it to you? You know . . . the ones paid for by the taxpayers?

Non intrusive? Well . . . at least the 2020 isn’t asking how many bathrooms we all have and other stupid and “none of your business” questions that previous Census forms have. Funny thing though . . . . all we have heard from the Left is how anybody that does not think like them is racist . . . hmmmm . . . yet it seems to be so important that they know a person’s ethnic and racial background. I realize there are reasons for this . . . but I keep hearing from the Left how “everyone is equal” . . . . which I can’t agree with more . . . but why does the guvment work so hard to point out how everyone is different? Personally . . . I don’t look at an individual’s race, ethnicity, sex or anything else as a way of judging them . . I look at them as individuals and to how they treat others and who they are in their hearts. And . . . I really don’t think it is the guvment’s business what a person is sexually . . . . I think most folks really don’t care either . . what goes on behind closed doors between two consenting adults is their business . . . not the guvment’s. BUT . . WHAT I DO THINK IS IMPORTANT . . . is all the hullabaloo that was put up over including the one question I did NOT see on the Census Form . . . “Are you a citizen of the United States?” And I don't know if the question would be answered truthfully by respondents . . . but who's says any of them are? But . . I’m probably in the minority on that one . . . you know . . . I’m a bad person because I guess I’m getting sick and tired of the taxpayers footing the bills for programs put into effect by Congress to take care of all of those who are not citizens and who entered this country illegally . . . you know . .. the same faction of Congress that passes laws but then encourages cities and agencies to ignore them? The same ones who constantly fight the requirement of a photo I.D voter registration card to prove you are a citizen and have the Constitutional right to vote . . . yet claim it is not necessary and would be too expensive? The same ones who are O.K. with sending out 4 mailings of Census reminders and pile on restrictions which require endless paperwork for citizens . . . the same ones that were going to get the Income Tax forms down tto the size of a postcard?

Nope . . . I have to agree with you . . . the Census is not intrusive . . . . and like others have stated, I was amazed at how the website actually worked! Must be the guvment contracted that out to private industry? Thanks so much for pointing out how the Census isn’t intrusive and how we should just “do it” . . . . . I feel so warm and fuzzy knowing that I don’t have to worry about a thing . . . ‘cause the guvment knows all and sees all . . . and those in charge are so much wiser that they know what is better for me and my family than I do. Now I can enjoy this second cup of coffee having no worries . . . . .

Boolit Master

I was torn between "AMERICAN " and "SOUTHERN" !

Boolit Master

I guess I could have answered "Texan Born - by the Grace of God." - Even though I no longer live in Texas.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Grand Master
    Got a post card in the mail today.
    Called the number about the printed form.
    Recorded message said it would be mailed mid April.
    Seems like they don't know what they're doing.

Boolit Master

I did mine online and was not selected for the "long form" census. Under ten minutes and I was done.

Getting sick of hearing that stupid Census Bureau radio commercial 6 times a day urging Native Americans to fill out the census so they can get their free handouts. Worst radio actors ever. Sounds worse than when the local high school does a fundraiser commercial on the local radio station. What really chaps my hide is that I paid for those commercials via my tax money.

I actually worked for the Census Bureau back in 2000 when I lived in Idaho. Made decent money driving to all the redneck spots in the boonies, knocking on doors and leaving a census on the door.

Had to pull my gun on one fella doing that job. There's some sketchy folks out in the sticks.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Moderator Emeritus

I did the quick online one but I was also selected for the "special" one whatever it is called. I get to have a visit every couple of months for like four visits concerning employability. I'm retired on a disability retirement but doesn't matter they will still come out or now phone call. They got me when I first moved here about three years ago. Some answers are none of your business but most are harmless.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    I did the quick online one but I was also selected for the "special" one whatever it is called. I get to have a visit every couple of months for like four visits concerning employability. I'm retired on a disability retirement but doesn't matter they will still come out or now phone call. They got me when I first moved here about three years ago. Some answers are none of your business but most are harmless.

The census takers (and detailed questionnaires) are much like a Lawyer Deposition or Inquisition in a trial. Lots of innocuous questions that individually mean nothing; but threaded together are used to paint the DESIRED picture; and then to be used against you and "WE THE PEOPLE" to extract TRIBUTE for the political class downstream.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

I got the short form in the mail a week or so ago. Filled it out and then used it to make sure I put the correct answers in the on-line form. All told for both was about 15 minutes. We must be too plain vanilla.
    John
    W.TN

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post

as far as homeless, yes, there are thousands of visits planned to shelters, food trucks, etc that cater to this population and the gov will be trying to count them.
    You better believe they will be counting them, over and over and over.
    They want those House of Representative seats and electoral votes.

Boolit Master

"So . . . the guvment is only going to mail out 4 mailings ......"

Got to keep the PO afloat.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by William Yanda View Post
    "So . . . the guvment is only going to mail out 4 mailings ......"

Got to keep the PO afloat.
    Sounds like the "Vote By Mail" campaign that Pelosi and crowd are pushing for the next round of FREE MONEY. Remember the old Chicago Mantra: VOTE AND VOTE OFTEN.

Mustang

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12