MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataWideners
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Census

Boolit Master

2020 Census

I just completed our census. Not intrusive, name, DOB and ethnicity. Was progressive on choices of relationship-a whole page when I only needed spouse of opposite sex. No questions about income or education, bathrooms or tv's.It was supposed to be completed 1 Apr but we have been letting our mail season.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I did our's last week on-line - just my wife and I and it only took maybe ten minutes. No "offensive" questions as far as I was concerned - the one that kind of tickled me was the race/ethnicity part - if you put down "white" - there was a spot below it where they wanted you to put in your ethnic background - i.e. Irish, Scotch, German - whatever. Hmmmm - for myself - I'm 4th generation Scotch-Irish with English, Welch and if you go back far enough - western Europe, etc. - a lot of folks, unless they've done their DNA or listened to their parents, grandparents, etc. wouldn't know - especially maybe the younger ones. I behaved myself though . . . I did list what I knew to be true - but I really wanted to just fill it in with the word 'MONGREL" or "MIXED-BREED", Kind of makes me wonder what Elizabeth Warren put down . . . . ?

Boolit Master

for "Ethnic background" I wrote in AMERICAN. That made the computer happy and let me move on to the next page.

Boolit Master

I completed ours about two weeks ago on line. The on line Census form is more "Constitutionally Compliant" than in the last two decades, but still has areas that puts a burr under my saddle.

Article I Section 2.

The House of Representatives shall be composed of members chosen every second year by the people of the several states, and the electors in each state shall have the qualifications requisite for electors of the most numerous branch of the state legislature.

No person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the age of twenty five years, and been seven years a citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an inhabitant of that state in which he shall be chosen.

Representatives and direct taxes shall be apportioned among the several states which may be included within this union, according to their respective numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole number of free persons, including those bound to service for a term of years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons. The actual Enumeration shall be made within three years after the first meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent term of ten years, in such manner as they shall by law direct. The number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty thousand, but each state shall have at least one Representative; and until such enumeration shall be made, the state of New Hampshire shall be entitled to chuse three, Massachusetts eight, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations one, Connecticut five, New York six, New Jersey four, Pennsylvania eight, Delaware one, Maryland six, Virginia ten, North Carolina five, South Carolina five, and Georgia three.

When vacancies happen in the Representation from any state, the executive authority thereof shall issue writs of election to fill such vacancies.

The House of Representatives shall choose their speaker and other officers; and shall have the sole power of impeachment.

In January 2020 of this year; we received a call from a Colorado Telephone Number that claimed to be the CENSUS BUREAU, and they started asking us all sorts of questions I refused to answer: How much do you owe on your house, what is the sexual orientation of people in your house, and..... I kept telling them that they had no authority Under the US Constitution Section I, Article II to ask those questions. They kept saying yes we do; we are the CENSUS BUREAU. I told them: Anyone could call up and tell me the same; sounds like a PHISHING attempt too me. They hung up; and two weeks later I got a letter from the Census Board basically says we are the census board and you have to answer our questions, cause we are charged by congress with collecting information. I ignored the letter and two days later got a mail notice to go online and complete the Census Questions. Surprise, none of the intrusive questions were on the "Short Census" on line.

10 Years ago; I bought a bunch of US Pocket Constituions for $50.00. Census "Counters" would show up at the house with their "Expanded Questionnaires" every few days (Must have been close to 20 times they visited - each time a different person). I would explain the US Constitution provided for a "Counting" of the Populace; but the collection of all the data they wanted was not in the US Constitution. Each time I presented them with a Pocket copy of the US Constitution that had Article I, Section 2 with the Census requirement highlighted with yellow highlighter, and a "Tab" stuck to the page. Told them the copy of the Constitution was their's to keep; but they should show their supervisor - for no one at this location will give you more than the Number of people and if they were Male or Female. I guess the "Supervisor" levels got tired of the cost of trying to send people to our home repeatedly (or maybe the census period & funds expired); because they eventually stopped coming. Just as in the letter they sent me this year; none can show where Constitutionally or "Legislatively" I am required to provide answers to their Intrusive Questions.

P.S. I answered "Other" on the Race. Wrote in I was a Mongrel like most of the US Population.
    Last edited by MUSTANG; 04-05-2020 at 12:43 PM.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

When they mail out a paper copy I will do it. Not on line.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Being a Luddite, I was waiting for the paper copy. However, so far I have received three mailings telling me there was going to be a census. No kidding? Why didn't they just send the damned thing in the first place, rather than wasting the paper and mailing cost?

I finally broke down and did it online yesterday. Easier than I expected, as most government websites I try to use are *****, and usually lead a person down a bottomless rabbit hole, allowing information to be entered until it locks up, and you have to start all over.

It was rather refreshing to find one that worked, and I was done in under ten minutes.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

I would have ignored it except for threat of strangers knocking at our door.

Boolit Master

Luddite

hmmm, I have luditic tendencies

Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master
    What will REALLY tee you off is if you get the The American Family Survey. Of all the people who I thought would have been against something like that would have been then Senator Tom Colburn (recently deceased). I received a reply to the written and mailed objection I had to it years ago, probably a form letter. (He was the only reply from any of my condress critters.) Blah, blah, blah, it is necessary for Congress to have this data so that it knows where to effectively apply federal funding, blah, blah, blah.

Talk about an abusively, intrusive request for information that if you do not comply under penalty of law all kinds of bad things can happen to you.

How is that construed with "counting noses"?

Oh, yeah, and they promise not to share personal information. Just compiled data. Right, got it.

This kind of garbage is exactly what is wrong with the swamp.
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Buddy
    "American" is the correct response and the only one needed.
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Master
    Remember what they taught us.

Name-Rank-Serial Number. Give no more information even if being tortured.

Boolit Master
    I've got mine all filled out except for the race questions, was going to leave all those blank, but am going to put down child of God.

Ok, for you Luddites (self described) I've been working in my local office until recently when it was shut down for the virus panic.
    You WILL NOT BE GETTING A PAPER DOCUMENT in the mail or otherwise.
    it is ENTIRELY on line or Electronic. If you DON'T do it on line, you WILL be getting a visit when this panic is over. June/July/August.
    We hired a ton of folks to take iphones/ ipads around and do the in person surveys down the road.
    There will ONLY be reminders mailed. 4 total and then your address is on a list to get home visit.

So Pick your poison, online or in person...... Right now bite your pride and supposed privacy and do it online. BTW, online is not intrusive any more than anything else you do.

Boolit Master
    I did it on line. You have to put in a name or nickname. You have to put in an address. You have to put in the number of people living at the address or the form will not go on to the next question (if I remember correctly). Any other questions were fluff and if you don't want to answer, hit next on the form. The kind and benevolent people designing the form give you several chances to answer the fluff questions, but it will finally advance if you hit next enough times without answering. Fairly pain free and (hopefully) someone won't pester me at the door.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    When they mail out a paper copy I will do it. Not on line.
    Same with me.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    Ok, for you Luddites (self described) I've been working in my local office until recently when it was shut down for the virus panic.
    You WILL NOT BE GETTING A PAPER DOCUMENT in the mail or otherwise.
    it is ENTIRELY on line or Electronic. If you DON'T do it on line, you WILL be getting a visit when this panic is over. June/July/August.
    We hired a ton of folks to take iphones/ ipads around and do the in person surveys down the road.
    There will ONLY be reminders mailed. 4 total and then your address is on a list to get home visit.

So Pick your poison, online or in person...... Right now bite your pride and supposed privacy and do it online. BTW, online is not intrusive any more than anything else you do.
    We got a letter in the mail.
    If not done on-line, they will send a printed form to fill out.
    Waiting for the print form.

Friday I called the number on the card. Got a recording that basically informed me that I would be waiting until hell froze over to talk to a person. It then informed me that if I was calling about a printed census form, that they would be mailing them out soon. Ten years ago I got visited 3 times for incomplete filing, I finally told the guy to either arrest me or let the matter drop. He huffed off. Haven't heard from them till now.
    AKA "Old Vic"
    "I am a great believer in powder-burning".
    --Theodore Roosevelt, Hunting Trips of a Ranchman

I got mine in the mail with a pre before I got it and a hurry up and fill it out note. Maybe in May .

Boolit Grand Master
    I got a pre-Census letter, the actual paper form, then two different cards. Tried to do it online, three different times, system refused to let me log in with the provided pin number.

Finally filled out the paper form and sent away via snail mail.

Robert

If I do it online it will have to wait till the library opens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast