Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When to size

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpowder man View Post
    I would like to see the answer to your question and add a question to it if that is alright with you Elpatoloco. If you size before coating or size and install gas checks before coating with a push thru die, how do you clean the lube off? What kind of lube would you use? Not trying to hijack, I just have the same question as I begin the pc journey.
    Thanks
    If you lubricate the boolits with a case lubricant intended for full length sizing of brass cases such as RCBS Case Lube-2 and several other such products, they are water soluble and they wash right off easily.

Rocky
    NRA Lifetime member since 1956, NRA Endowment Member. Reloading since 1954. CBA Member Navy Vietnam Veteran USS Intrepid CVA 11

Thank you Rocky, I have RCBS case lube and I’ll try it if I size and install gas checks first. I washed the Lee Alox off a number of gas checked rifle bullets I already had with mineral spirits and a couple boiling soapy and rinse water baths. It was a bit time consuming, but moving forward I don’t anticipate doing this too often.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12