MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7,5x55 SWISS K-31

Boolit Buddy
    Post cancelled
    Last edited by airone46; 04-08-2020 at 02:54 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    This is a house by the sea: from the terrace you can see the whole Gulf of Catania and Etna on the left, the whole Gulf of Syracuse on the right. If the weather is nice you can also see Calabria! I live on the 2nd floor, on the ground floor and on the 1st floor my daughters.

Boolit Buddy
    This is my armory: pistols and rifles.

SAFE

ARMORY

in the leather case (red arrow) there is the pistol I'm most fond of: a 7.65 Luger shooting Benelli

Boolit Buddy
    Forse ho sbagliato a postare le foto qui????

Boolit Master

Happy Birthday!!! You live in a beautiful area. Thanks for sharing.

Banned
    nothing like setting yourself up for a robbery.. surprised you don't tell us the combination

Banned
    FYI --- NOE makes a purpose built mold for the 7.5x55. I have the PB version and shoot it in the Swiss and other 30 caliber rifles. Shoots very well.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissShooter View Post
    FYI --- NOE makes a purpose built mold for the 7.5x55. I have the PB version and shoot it in the Swiss and other 30 caliber rifles. Shoots very well.
    What Mould??? I prefere mould with G.C.
    grazie

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate69 View Post
    Happy Birthday!!! You live in a beautiful area. Thanks for sharing.
    I concur, and your gun room is very nice as well. I have always wanted a Benelli B76 but they are rarely seen around here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Unfortunately, when this pistol model came out, the 9x21 caliber and the 9x19 (9 parabellum) caliber still did not exist in Italy was a prohibited caliber (weapon of war! So Benelli made the sport versions in 30 Luger (mod. B 80 sport) and the non-sporting versions in caliber 30 Luger (mod. B-82) and 9x18. I have both: the 9x18 I took it new and I used it for personal defense (for this purpose I also had a Colt Pyton 357 Mg -that I it was stolen the day I left for the honeymoon, together with two other pistols-, an S&W mod. 60 Chief 38 SP. and a Coonan 357 MG), then after many years I managed to find the B-80 Sport model in its original red leather case and accessories.
    I was looking for a rod in cal. 9 PB to have it transformed into 9x21, but Benelli had nothing left. I also spoke to various craftsmen, but it was almost impossible to make a new rod and the costs were very high!
    The mechanics of this type of weapon were unique and gorgeous! My opinion is that, when Beretta bought Benelli, he "died" this model because it competed with mod 96!
    This Benelli is the only gun to have a fixed barrel, which absolutely does not move during operation! This means maximum precision!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by airone46 View Post
    What Mould??? I prefere mould with G.C.
    grazie
    311-195 available w/GC.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanhs!
    Indeed! it has the initial part (.785) of the under-calibrated projectile (.296) to better adapt to the short throats of the k-31.
    But this is not a problem! Just sizer the initial part of the bullet to a smaller size: only in this way you have to do a double job.
    Lee makes a .285 sizer, or you can use the RCBS neck sizing bushing of the appropriate size, inserted on the top of a Lee sizer .308.
    just make a stop to size the part you want!

The NOE K31 bullet works in some, not in others. Well, it works, it's just that some K31s require it to be seated below the neck/shoulder junction unless the forepart is bumped down in size a bit. Whether or not seating below said junction is detrimental to accuracy is debatable, and I'm not up to any debates today. I have to bump it down in order to fit my K31 which has a .294" (7.47mm) bore diameter. I have an Eagan 168gr bullet that fits better as cast, so I seldom use the K31 bullet.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Buddy
    The Noe k-31 Bullet works well in my 3 K-31's. Lyman 311414 ( 150gr spitzer gc) and 311413 (169gr spitzer gc) also shoot well. 10-13 gr of 800X should shoot well in your K-31. You might try a dacron filler with that load. about 1 gr fluffed up so it FILLS the case to the base of the bullet. Beautiful Gun Room! Italy is a beautiful country. I have been there four times, and I hope to return when and if this covid mess is ever over.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12