Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan Reloading

Thread: "Mini Beast" Roars

"Mini Beast" Roars

Finally got around to shooting the "Mini Beast" today. Only played at about 30 yards and it grouped real well. If you take out the vertical stringing which I am sure was MY FAULT, it did about 3/4 inch. Been shooting the 20, 22, & 17 calibers so much lately it is going to take Me a little while to remember "to forget the recoil". Not near as much fun as it used to be. The frame is an easy open with about a 14 ounce trigger, does have a little amount of creep, but I will fix that soon. Barrel is 10 inch bull with a deep black finish by Gary Reeder chambered in 41 GNR. Base is a Warne Gloss with Burris Gloss signature rings. Scope is Old School US made Gloss Burris 2-7. Grip is Pachmayr decelerator and the Forearm is a walnut (NOT FROM MY DADS BOARD) Dave Dolin, but it is coated with black Dupli-Color Aerosol bed liner to match the Pachy Grip. Not perfect but I think it is a super idea. Wish I could take credit for it but my son in law Alan Gipson came up with this. Told him I liked it so well that I may even tell my Daughter to keep Him LOL. Had forgot how GREAT a Gloss set up looked, and how hard it is to find all the components. Only shot about 20 rounds to sight in the scope. Once my Nerves calm down (Must forget recoil) we will see what it will really do.
    Brass was easy to form and I do love a 41 caliber. Will post targets on next outing, but here a are a couple of pictures of the Mini Beast:
    Thanks for reading
    Doug

Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better !!

Boolit Grand Master
    Nice. What do you plan to hunt with it?

Targets for now, but I am considering deer hunting with the Grandson this fall. 41 GNR is Gary Reeder proprietary cartridge. But it is simply a 44 Mag necked down to a 41 Caliber Supposed to push a 170 Grain JHP almost 2000 FPS and a 210 grain JHP 1900 Should be adequate for SC deer. LOL
    Safe shooting
    Doug
    Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better !!

Boolit Master
    Nice rig, thanks for sharing. I had the same scope, on a Browning buckmark silhouette,.22 with a10" barrel, sold it, one of the stupidest thing I have ever done.

Boolit Mold
    That thing is Awesome haha i've never seen anything like it!!

Boolit Grand Master
    Well, tred1956, you'll have "enough gun" for deer! . I bet that will be a joy to hunt with. Good luck.

Boolit Buddy
    Nice piece! I have that same scope on one of my contender barrels. It is a super 14 chambered in 7mm L&L. It is a .444 Marlin necked down to 7mm. It is a shooter! 3/8 groups at 100 is the best I ever shot. Haven't been able to do it again. I have an even older Burris on a .223 barrel that I kill ground squirrels out to 200 with. It is way too much fun. Hopefully you derive as much pleasure from yours as I got from mine over the years.