RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 32 ACP crimp

Moderator Emeritus

Battis -- I find it interesting that you have rClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Fact Crmp Instructions.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	257.3 KB 
ID:	259771ead, "I read a review somewhere that said it didn't work on the 32ACP due to the case length" as, in my experience, that case length is NOT in any way important in use of the Lee die is, imho, one of it's greatest features! I noted this on many larger calibers with roll crimps applied, as they grossly varied from case to case, dependent upon trimmed case length. With the Lee, a compression is done on case set by RELOADER (you!) irrespective of the (trimmed) case length.
    Perhaps (I'm thinking?) the review writer did not have his or her die set correctly. I find it quite simple and fool-proof; the directions for use may be found at https://leeprecision.com/files/instruct/RM3655.pdf
    A short-cut photo is attached.
    Good luck, regardless that which you elect to do.
    geo

Boolit Master
    I have a Lee 32ACP seater die on the way that will crimp the case, and I ordered the Lee factory crimp die that you mentioned (Amazon - $16). Kinda like wearing a belt and suspenders. I even thought about removing the decapping pin from the S&W Long sizing die and running the loaded round into it.
    I'll crimp those little buggers one way or the other.

Boolit Master
    In my collection of old ammo, I found a partial box of 32ACP and a partial box of 38-55 rounds. Notice the knurl (cool word) in the 38-55 case. I have no idea how old any of the rounds might be.

Boolit Buddy
    I made up a few dummy rounds tonight. I tried to crimp with the Lee push through sizer, it sorta worked. I ran it down about 1/16" past the rim. It did flattened out the flare, but it left a funny looking ring that wasn't even all the way around. Also the two rounds wouldn't pass the plunk test. So basically a failure.

I'm gonna order a Lee FCD.

JM

Boolit Buddy

I too use the RCBS taper crimp die to good effect on cast boolits and Berrys plated bullets with this caliber.

Boolit Master
    I got the Lee .32ACP seating die from Midway today. It works great for crimping. I also have a Lee 32ACP factory crimp die on the way. I could have gone with either, but those Amazon points were adding up so what the heck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12