Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
WidenersRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: .41 magnum and alliant 300mp

Boolit Master

.41 magnum and alliant 300mp

I can't find load data for this combo. Has anyone done any work with this? I have the RCBS 41-215 and the LBT 41'230 lfn.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    7br aka Mark B.

On the internet, I am 6ft tall, good looking and can dance.

Boolit Master

7br
    I dont have any personal experience with the 300 mp, but doing some surfing, I did find reload data. Also, found that in 2011 October/November issue of Handloader, Brian Pierce did some testing with that particular powder in different magnum handgun calibers including the .41.
    Regards

Boolit Buddy

There was a write up in handloader magazine. There is data on loaddata.com if you're a member there. If not PM me, and I can send it to you.

Boolit Man
    I tried a pound of it with a variety of bullets, it was most accurate in a 7.5" Blackhawk barrel with 170gr Speer bullets at 1350-1400fps, not so great with 210gr xtp, 200gr Speer half-jackets and Remington factory components, and 230gr Lee-mould cast bullets from a group buy of years ago. 21gr with that Lee bullet showed 1302fps and accuracy was "ok" as I recorded it. The Pearce article was the only data I could find when I picked up the powder, somebody from the Rugerforum posted a link back in 2014. http://ps-2.kev009.com/ohlandl/310/3...4_Oct_2011.pdf

All of these were also tried in a Marlin 1894 and accuracy was very similar except the cast bullet didn't do very well---it's a plain base and I normally load it a lot milder than this. ES with the jacketed loadings, through both the handgun and rifle, were lowest with the heavier bullets yet the lighter bullets shot the most accurately--24gr with the Sierra 170 made 1827fps with an ES of 106 for 4 rounds, and shot the best group.