Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More than one press

More than one press

I'm sure many of us have multiple presses. What do you do with your other presses when you are not using them?

Do you have all individually mounted to your bench or mount one at a time?

If you mount them one at a time. How do you store the ones you are not using?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Those I don't have mounted on a board to clamp to my bench get put back in the original box it came from the factory in. These I can stack up out of the way or on a shelf. Those on boards get set on a shelf with a dust cover over them.
    Leo

Boolit Buddy

Inline Precision Quick change press mounting system.
    https://inlinefabrication.com/collec...ounting-system

I have 2 single stage presses, 2 Star sizers, 2 Lyman 450s, a case trimmer, and a vise.

Best thing I ever bought.

Boolit Bub
    I run three, they are all permanently mounted to the bench. Two get used a fair amount.

Attachment 259510
    I have 5 presses [1 pacific set up for 12 ga, a Bair Kodiak, a Dillon 550 and 2 Lyman T2s] permanently mounted on my bench, one on a pedestal [Dillon 550] and a 7th [single stage Pacific] that I run 45acp through a lee bulge buster die. And measures. This represents 40 years of collecting and gifts from friends. My accessories, trimmers, case vibrators etc are stored under my bench, dies and books are on the wall. Bullets are mostly in the pantry. Depends on what I’m reloading rifle, sg or pistol. Makes it less likely for me to screw things up having dedicated measures and presses/dies ready to use.
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 04-01-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Boolit Master
    I have 3 mounted on portable stands , my single stage lives in the closet but to use it all I have do is pick it up and set it where I want it. My 4th press is not mounted.
    Woops forgotthe app my 5th it is mounted on the same portable stand as my progressive
    Can use either with no interference from the other.
    Last edited by onelight; 04-01-2020 at 08:15 PM.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    3 permanent mounted, the other 5 put up for hard times!! Lol
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Bub
    T-track is a wonderful thing! The presses can all slide across the bench, so I slide the ones I don’t need out of the way and put the one I do need in the remaining opening!

Boolit Master
    Mount all to the bench, sizers, single presses and the 650xl at the end. I set it up as kind of an assembly line
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    I have four presses permanently mounted on three different benches.
    My three foot bench has a RockChucker mounted on it along with a RCBS APS bench mounted priming tool.
    My 8 foot bench has two Hornady LNL progressive presses permanently mounted, one small primer and one large.
    My four foot bench has a RockChucker Supreme permanently mounted. That press is used for reloading rifle cartridges. There is also a Dillon 550 temporarily mounted on it.

Boolit Master
    If I understand what's behind your question, it's what other uses another mounted press is useful for. ??

Well, how much bench space do you have? I mean, if you're cramped for room now it isn't likely another mounted press would be worth the trouble of working around.

My bench is 7 feet long so I have plenty of room for my "big iron" press and three more mounted to its right and closely together. One is a 50+ year old Lyman (6 hole) turret holding three old "file trim dies", a Lee "Universal" mouth expander and a Hornady collet bullet puller. The other two are Lee's inexpensive little "Reloaders" holding a universal decapper die and an old Lee "AutoPrime II" - and I do love that primer system! I tell you all this just to suggest some useful ideas you might like to try.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have a problem collecting old tools.
    Just can't walk away from a good deal.
    Or something "different".
    I think I have over 20 presses.
    I think because only three are mounted and used.
    Rest are stored away all over.
    Same with hand tools and equipment.
    I think it's like women and their shoes.

I have two mounted on corner benches and my spares are in storage under the benches in plastic totes.

Boolit Master
    The presses I use are either mounted to a min-riser welded to a flat plate or they are bolted down to a 2x8 or 2x10” board. Then I use c-clamps to secure them.

My LnL Hornady progressive is mounted to a tall short piece of “I” beam that I fabricated out of two heavy pieces of T rail. Again, when I run it it also gets c-clamped down.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

I have three benches but use a socket and plate set up. Easy to make new plates from plywood for different machines or tools. The three different benches are different heights, makes working with some tools much easier. Have blank plates for when I just need a clear bench top. Just some cleats fixed to hold presses not in use. If I were a better wood worker this mess would look nice, some of what I have now was built 35 years ago. Even if I had plenty of room I'd still use some type of removable plate/socket arrangement because its so easy to move things around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180804_152034.jpg   bench_socket2.resized.jpg   bench_socket1.resized.jpg  

Boolit Grand Master
    All mine are mounted and ready to run
    Don Verna

I only have 2 presses a Rock Chucker and an Old Lyman Spar-T 6 station Turret. Both Mounted on my Bench.

Boolit Buddy
    This. Except the 3 with autodrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Valley-Shooter View Post
    Inline Precision Quick change press mounting system.
    https://inlinefabrication.com/collec...ounting-system

I have 2 single stage presses, 2 Star sizers, 2 Lyman 450s, a case trimmer, and a vise.

Best thing I ever bought.

Boolit Master
    I have most mounted as well
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master
    Heck yeah, I have more than 1press! Are we counting hand presses and 310 tools ? If so I have six. Most are setup to do Different things. My turret press serves multiple functions. And a few extras just in case of.
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast