Reloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: Lee 3 hole Turret Press mounting template

Boolit Mold

Lee 3 hole Turret Press mounting template

I have a older Lee 3 hole Turret Press That I just finished making a mounting drill template for.

I Drilled 3/8" holes, and used threaded inserts so I could mount this press on my work bench with 1/4" bolts.
    when removed, there are no protrusions. leaving a nice flat surface on the bench.

I know that this now a pretty rare press, but if anyone wants a copy of this template, shoot me a PM. I have it in .pdf, or for inkscape / illustrator users, also in .SVG formats.

New PDF attached PM me if you want SVG file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by painless; 04-01-2020 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Fixed position of hole #3

Boolit Master
    I find the hole pattern on Lee presses too close to the front edge of the bench.
    It puts the side holes over the framing and requires using long bolts, and the center/rear hole not far enough back to minimize rocking.
    I have added 6x6x1/4" plates ($4ea.) under all presses for a universal mount to get the mounting hole behind any bench framing, with the center/3rd/back hole as far back as possible.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CutPlateS.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	259612Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Small3.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	259613Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PlateS.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	260112
    Last edited by Kenstone; 04-11-2020 at 12:48 PM.
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

It's not hard to make a template. Set your press on a piece of cardboard, like an old cereal box.
    Use a pencil, put the point down in the mount holes.
    Draw a circle.
    Lift off press.
    Now you have a template.
    I Another guy on here made plates out of two thickness' of 3/4 inch plywood. This plates fit into cut outs on his bench. With the press mounted on the plate they slide I and out of the bench.
    I think I might do the same.
    With this you can build a unit just wide enough for the plates to slide in. Deep enough so the press goes in far enough to close the door.
    Keeps them out of the way and clean when not needed.
    A blank plate to fill the slot when using the bench for other things.
    Leo

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by 44magLeo View Post
    It's not hard to make a template. Set your press on a piece of cardboard, like an old cereal box.
    Use a pencil, put the point down in the mount holes.
    Draw a circle.
    Lift off press.
    Now you have a template.
    I Another guy on here made plates out of two thickness' of 3/4 inch plywood. This plates fit into cut outs on his bench. With the press mounted on the plate they slide I and out of the bench.
    I think I might do the same.
    With this you can build a unit just wide enough for the plates to slide in. Deep enough so the press goes in far enough to close the door.
    Keeps them out of the way and clean when not needed.
    A blank plate to fill the slot when using the bench for other things.
    Leo
    That's a good idea. My problem (I was the op) I didn't have a marking instrument that would fit down the holes. Town is 40 miles away, and I have trouble sleeping at night.

I just thought I would share the love.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I just thought I would share the love.
    Thank you for the contribution.

Boolit Grand Master

I use the same method. I have limited space on my two benches (35+ years of amassing reloading tools and equip and 50+ years of a "tool nut" machinist/mechanic tool gathering). While I have a Rock Dock for my presses, I mount other tools/equipment with Tee-Nuts. I have some tools mounted to 1"x12"s I bolt the boards to the bench with 5/16" bolts (bench prime, vises, even a bench grinder). Easy mounting, nothing protruding above bench surface, no tool movement, and holes don't gather trash. I drilled the bench top through, put a Tee-Nut on the underside, installed it with a bolt. I now use a 5/16" bolt approx 3" long, with a fender washer to mount tools/equipment temporarily... https://www.mcmaster.com/tee-nuts//threaded-inserts/ Upper left.
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    I use the same method. I have limited space on my two benches (35+ years of amassing reloading tools and equip and 50+ years of a "tool nut" machinist/mechanic tool gathering). While I have a Rock Dock for my presses, I mount other tools/equipment with Tee-Nuts. I have some tools mounted to 1"x12"s I bolt the boards to the bench with 5/16" bolts (bench prime, vises, even a bench grinder). Easy mounting, nothing protruding above bench surface, no tool movement, and holes don't gather trash. I drilled the bench top through, put a Tee-Nut on the underside, installed it with a bolt. I now use a 5/16" bolt approx 3" long, with a fender washer to mount tools/equipment temporarily... https://www.mcmaster.com/tee-nuts//threaded-inserts/ Upper left.
    Looks like I might have started something. I'm getting some good ideas here.
    Keep them coming.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk