MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxLoad Data
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: Stay at home order

Boolit Buddy

Stay at home order

Running out of things to do so had this idea. Save my Hanloader Mags so I am starting to read again starting the 2010 one. I figure I have forgoten some of the info and also my interests have changed in 10 years.

Boolit Master

I did something similar a few years back. I joined the NRA in '83, I have every Rifleman since. I ran through them all. Interesting snapshot into my past.

I didn't discover Handloader till late 90s, so I only have back till then. I miss Al Miller.

Boolit Buddy
    The Handloader and Rifle magazines can be had on DVD.
    Also all the years of the Gun Digest is also out there on DVD.
    Last edited by jaguarxk120; 04-02-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Boolit Master
    I've been cleaning, trimming, and repriming empty brass for a couple weeks. Also pulling bullets from test handloads that weren't pleasing.

Boolit Master

Still working but my wife is working from home so on my off days I'm preparing my brass to load also lubing up boolits i made last fall
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Norske View Post
    I've been cleaning, trimming, and repriming empty brass for a couple weeks. Also pulling bullets from test handloads that weren't pleasing.
    I have assembeld several diffrent loads for my Ruger Bisley 44 Sp and have not had a chance to try them. With the travel restrictions have not been able to get to my club in Lander Wy. Do not care to go to indoor range close to home. Its good for Semi Autos that do not need the fine tuning of sights that I do to my revolvers adjustable sights.

Boolit Buddy
    Quart jar of cracked mouth 38 special brass. Forster drill press trimmer and Lee 38 S&W to finish to correct size. Loading 170 gr KT swc with 1.8 grs Bullseye. Shooting in 24 inch 357 Maximum barrel. Wife and neighbors haven't figured out what's "popping" in the back yard.
    Yeehaw for stay at home order!!!

Boolit Bub
    Got a new RL550C, loaded up all my .38 LSWC that I had on hand. I've got a lot more empty brass. Time to go out to my shop and cast up a bunch more.
    All that is neccessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.

Edmund Burke

Boolit Buddy
    Warm here in Michigan, so out came the lead pot and three molds.
    A 160 grain for 357, a 120 grain for 9mm, and a 250 for the 45 Colt.
    Made a few but there is always tomorrow.

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Just casting , PC coating and trying to stay safe. Once the weather gets better I have 300 lbs of range scrap to smelt! Actually not looking forward to going back to work!
    Retired now but still working for my long time clients! They are all sheltering in place too!
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Master
    I've already had more fun than the law allows. A while back I bought a Mech-Tech 1911 upper in .460 Rowland that came with 600 loaded rounds with 185 Norma JHP. the guy I bought it from said it was "in his dad's stuff" which he sorted through after he passed on. The loads out of one magazine seemed real hot to me including one case separation so I put the whole rig away to "tend to it later". Well now is later. I can't tell you how much fun pulling those tightly taper crimped 600 rounds was by beating an inertia bullet puller on an oak stump 50 rounds at a sitting. Took me six days, some unusual padding on the puller handle, and two replacement collet o-rings. The puller seems none the worse for the effort, one of the blue ones from Midway. I think I will wait a couple more days before I look for another project. BTW, Blue Goo from Walley World does work on bruised hand muscles. Have fun with your projects. GF

Moderator Emeritus

Been digging through boxes and setting up my reloading (one side)/work bench room (other side). Been putting together lowers for a bunch of different uppers I have. Put together five new ones and "found" my 6.5 grendel and 458 socom I got before my seperation/subsequent divorce. I am having a blast.

Boolit Master
    Starting to run out of things to do. Have a ton of ammo loaded, cases all clean and prepped, extra bullets cast. No place to shoot without driving a few hours.

Same with my fly fishing gear. Tied up a ton of flies. Cleaned up all my lines and gear, new leaders made up.

Boolit Master

Reloaded until I ran out of storage room, pulled several hundred rounds I’ve picked up lately that I am not willing to gamble on. Tuned up the fishing gear, which is probably why the state closed the beaches. Going through my possessions in general & getting rid of stuff I don’t use.
    And of course, catching up on projects for my better half.

Not much has changed for me at all. Winter is starting to leave, but it's still cold outside and too early to start cutting firewood. So I've oiled all of my firearms, fixed a couple, loaded ammo until it got boring, watched some movies with the Mrs., spent a lot of time on the computer reading the forum and perusing sites like Gunbroker, reading, and listening to a huge stack of the old 33 1/3 rpm records. It's almost life like normal.

Boolit Master
    I am very fortunate to have a rifle and pistol range here on my place.
    So the only way the "stay at home " rules affect me is that now I have to shoot alone.
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

On the farm I never run out of things to do. My wife rarely runs out of things she wants me to do. I can re- read a two year old magazine and it's kinda brand new......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Didn't make it as long as I would like, I just got pulled for latrine duty!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuz View Post
    I am very fortunate to have a rifle and pistol range here on my place.
    So the only way the "stay at home " rules affect me is that now I have to shoot alone.
    Indeed, Shuz. I shot out back yesterday, alone. Today cold and rainy, so I will probably gin up a few rounds of 45 Auto Rim with our most favorite pissola powder - Green Dot.
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapaki View Post
    Didn't make it as long as I would like, I just got pulled for latrine duty!
    That there is a crappy job.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.