Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Claybuster wads

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    The crush force was not the same on the clones when they first came out. That was the consensus at the time. They had wild psi swings and blown patterns.
    I've been using Claybuster wads for 15 years or so, and have never heard such a thing. Some of the first wads I used were CB3118-12A bought at a garage sale, and was told they were 10+ years old at the time. I used those wads for some mighty fine buckbuster slug loads. I'm not saying it wasn't true way back when they started, but it surely has not been the norm for a long, long time.

Boolit Buddy
    The Claybuster and Federal 12S0 wads arrived. They look very similar but the Fed measure .720 and the CB .730 at the powder cup end. The Feds are a loose fit in the muzzle of the C-More with its IC choke and the CB are a neat fit.
    The petals of the CB do have a slight thickening but with my .678 ball in there neither will go in the muzzle. Thats OK. I will load some up and when I get a chance try them out to compare
    I am loading 22 grains of Unique as that was an OK shooter with the 12S3 but I dont have to put so much Farex under the ball.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wads.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	260529

Boolit Buddy
    Not much difference. The loads with a gasket card under the ball shot a bit better than those with a 1.3 cc scoop of Farex. The Federal wads shot a bit better than the CB but I will have to repeat it. The Federal wads look a bit better than the CB, perhaps because they were not as tight through the choke.CB on the left and Federal on the right
    None of the groups were anything to write home about with the Federal group and card running from top right to bottom left.
    The CB group (not shown) with card was the opposite, top left to bottom right. Go figure.
    The CB group with the Farex was much like the Federal one but more so. I had an aiming mark on the bottom group but it blew off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wads.01.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	260575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wads.02.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	260576
    Last edited by Keith; 04-18-2020 at 01:59 AM. Reason: more info