MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What! No ones fishing yet ?

What! No ones fishing yet ?

It's gotta be warm or dry enough somewheres ? Waters is still cold high and muddy in SW Pa so no go for me still but a bud of mine did manage a few walleye out of the river from shore last week . Anyone else ventured out to the waters edge yet ?
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

My neighbor has drowned a few minnows and caught a couple of crappie that are starting to come into the shallows.

I've got a couple lines out, but have only managed to feed the turtles.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Still got ice on the water up north here. Come may I'll be looking.

Boolit Buddy
    You guys are making me feel old & poopy.. I am. The Gov. shut us all in doors . & opened our trout season two weeks early. I have not bought my license yet. Just sitting here. uncle mike in ct

I live in a recreational lake community about an hour away from any big city. We’ve had droves of city folks coming down with their boats and motorcycles. I work an “essential” job that keeps me in different Walmart’s and grocery stores all day every day. The locals are not happy about it and are getting to be vocal about it when they see these people come in. My county has one confirmed case right now. I’m sure that will change.

But, unfortunately with my job, I’ve had no time to take the kid fishing yet. Which is a shame cause the weathers starting to get real nice.
    Do the best you can, with what you've got, where you're at. -Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Buddy
    Headed out today in the kayak

Looks like we're gonna have a whole 4 days of sunshine in a row but temps still in the 50's Gonna head out to the lake and practice my fly casting doubt anything bites but beats being in the house .

Boolit Master

Our season opens third Saturday in April.... USUALLY! Gubner here opened the season up last week.

I haven’t been out. Probably won’t for a while. But driving past mountain streams on nice days I SURELY DO feel that pull!!

Always some of my best memories and experiences on a mountain trout stream.

CW

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Don't really want to rub it in but I'm retired and fish year round. With no shooting, it makes even more fishing time. Just seven and a half miles from my house is Crescent City, The Bass Capital of the world. Today was a bit cool for us so didn't hit the lake til after eight am. Was gonna bring home some eatin Bass for us and the neighbors but forgot the stringer. Maybe tomorrow. Big fish have been kinda quiet since the first of the year. Today was different with several biguns landed and could have brought home a couple three pounders for a late lunch, cept for the stringer thing. Although a Florida boy, when I retired we moved to a much less populous area of Florida. There are many clear water lakes to fish very close. I can be fishing 15 minutes after choosing to go. Six miles to the West is St. Johns river and Lake George. Two miles to the East is Crescent lake. Famous Bass catching areas. National tournaments are held here regularly, well that is til this dam bug, now they are on hold too. Family and friends travel here to go with me. Everyone who has fished from my boat has caught their personal best ever. Golf course has closed, hmmm, wonder if they would mind me fishing the water hazards. Being retired, I don't fish on the weekends. That is time for the working man to go and he don't need me as an extra boat crowding the water. Since the virus, there have been more folks out on the lakes, at least here in my neck of the dream. Hope yall get thawed out so you can go do some fishing.
    Roy
    Shoot often, Shoot well.

Boolit Buddy
    Want to go fishing, but our governor has closed all lakes, boat ramps etc. The only folks who can go fishing ae those that have personal property on a lake. He did allow bank fishing only on 7 small lakes/ponds, but none are near me.

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jeep2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	259596

Been Jeep fishing the last few months but spring is coming.

Boolit Master

Name:	IMG952534Noels walleye.jpg 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	259597
    My youngest son and a walleye he caught a while back

Quote Originally Posted by Loudenboomer View Post

Name:	IMG952534Noels walleye.jpg 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	259597
    My youngest son and a walleye he caught a while back
    Boy that's a dandy ! We never even had ice over this year first time as long as I can remember . Gunarea I have to admit I'm a bit jealous ! You got the weather the time and the access to a lot of water plus having saltwater fishing within driving distance sounds ideal well except for that heat and humidity this northern guy don't deal with well . Can't wait till my retirement arrives .

Quote Originally Posted by rdwarrior View Post
    Want to go fishing, but our governor has closed all lakes, boat ramps etc. The only folks who can go fishing ae those that have personal property on a lake. He did allow bank fishing only on 7 small lakes/ponds, but none are near me.
    All I can say is Wow! One would think that being outside in the fresh air fishing would be one of the safest places you could be ! Heck even our communist governor didn't go to those lengths . Ain't like you have 20 people all shoulder to shoulder fishing ! How about costal fishing ? Is that still open ?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rdwarrior View Post
    Thats grounds for a revolt! Any SC governor should know better than that!

USMC 77, USRA 79

everything covered in mushy ice.. no way to walk on it here. and the rivers have nuthing in them yet... bays are full of herring.. to early for steelhead.... but getting ichy!!!! for some of this..

Name:	52510E4D-C0E5-459E-A33A-39CD7BCA2BE3.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	259606
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

We've been out 5x looking for the carp spawn to start for bowfishing, but no luck yet.

Just got home from fishing. Nothing particularly big, but plenty of one and two pound bass. Probably boated forty or so as there are fourteen tore up rubber worms to throw out. Yall hang in there your time is coming.
    Roy
    Shoot often, Shoot well.

Havent made it out yet this year and I'm a bit irritated that the IL DNR closed down all DNR owned parks and land because of the virus crud. So that means I will miss the opening of inland trout fishing season. The season actually started on April 4th, but with no where open to fish at it doesnt really count.

Usually my start to the year is going out and bringing home a rainbow trout for lunch.

Boolit Master

Was doing good on Walleye in early March until the Virus may even not be able to Turkey hunt state IL DNR closed my hunting park down
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast