Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2

Thread: My old Star came back to life

Boolit Buddy

My old Star came back to life

A while back I got an old Star from my friend, I made him a Ammo Mike bullet feeder and he gave me this. So I finally ordered a die and punch from lathesmith and got them yesterday, not having a heated base for it I just unbolted my other Star and put this one on, the die and punch adjusted. Now the old girl is back in action, just want to share this with you guys.
    (Now I feel like a dummy my buddy just told me the top groove is a crimp groove, live and learn)

Last edited by Harry Tobin; 03-31-2020 at 05:48 PM.
    Armed society is a polite society
    Live A Little Learn A Lot

Boolit Master
    That sizer looks great ! And good job on the video.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks, just wanted to show my friend that gave it to me I got it up and running

Boolit Master

Wow, mine is not that pretty, but is in the 30 plus age range as well.

Those MyPin PID's are super consistent without reprogramming them. I do calibrate mine to 0F and 212F when I change thermocouples.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    Wow, mine is not that pretty, but is in the 30 plus age range as well.

Those MyPin PID's are super consistent without reprogramming them. I do calibrate mine to 0F and 212F when I change thermocouples.
    Hi Matt, I’m fairly impressed with the MYPIN. When I first put together I used it on my lead pot and also put in my RCBS analog thermometer to check the reading, and thought the RCBS was right on. Well showed 20 difference and didn’t trust the reading, then when the wife wasn’t home went to the stove and got a pot of boiling water and put the probe in. It showed me that the RCBS was of by 15 and I just did a -5 to hit 212. So all is good, I like the read out and the adjustability. Now do keep cheat sheets on my wax setting, they are the most crucial settings for me. As I said before the lead can spike +20 the settle down and that’s fine but if the wax does that I have wax leaking out. So for a start-up I’ll set the temp 30 under and when it settles I’ll bump it up. Just a idiosyncrasy of the PID world but I can live with that. As far as the finish on the old Star, I just wanted to look good once again. Got some blue but was too blue mixed a little black in to get the color I thought looked good, and a lot of cleaning! Thanks for chiming in, later Harry