MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring Matches Are Coming Up Fast???

Boolit Buddy

Spring Matches Are Coming Up Fast???

Our first gong match at Harris, MN is supposed to happen in about a month followed by Lodi and then our first LR match again back at Harris. I'm getting really nervous that they are not going to happen because of the virus. Maybe a better word is pizzed. What's happening in your part of the world?

Boolit Buddy
    My club (east of Austin) seems mixed. IDPA matches still going while some smaller matches canceled. CMP sent an email out saying they were closed and recommended canceling matches through April 6th but as we are seeing, this thing is going to be with us a while.

I have been going to club when I know there won’t be a lot of folks.

Down here it depends a lot on what the County says. Since my club is in Travis county (same as AustIn), it will be strict compared to those further out.

It doesn't look good, here in VA most of the outdoor ranges are closed. The local IWLA has CLOSED their entire 125 acre facility. Quantico MCB has closed their ranges for civilian use. The NRA has suspended all Sanctioned matches until at least 30 April.

Stay Safe
    Dave
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
    --Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Bob.

I think most will be locked down. Our club mostly has the 3 gun matches and it was canceled last week and the range is down. I was wondering about Harris because I want to come as well as Lodi but I don't think it will happen.
    My Grand Daughters are graduating from Collage in may and we got notice from one that the ceremonies are canceled. The Bug has two in the Hospital in my area, so I will stay and shoot in my yard till this mess is cleared up.

Stay well,
    Kurt

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    I would not hold any hope for any matches to be held until June at the best, and maybe thru the summer. Going to depend a lot on how soon this Chinese virus thing levels out and social distancing gets done with.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Master

The virus will determine how matches go or at least it should. Any club that shoots match while this virus is going around is asking for trouble. We don't need any more bad publicity from shooting during a pandemic. The nuts and crazies who misuse firearms give us enough trouble without adding to it. I am lucky enough to be able to shoot handguns in my back yard. I have a huge high hill behind me without anything but large trees on it and nothing of any danger from that. Also I have a dirt bank which I shoot into. I am more lucky than most in that regard. Besides, I quit shooting matches years ago(not getting old---I am already there).

Hey I'm 80 but in reality I'm 26. I just look like I'm 80
    Age is just a little pain and frame of mind.

Banned

All here in the cesspool swamp state are cancelled until further notice, which if the goofy gubner has his way will be never.

Boolit Master
    Our state-wide house arrest goes into effect at 5:00 PM today. However, I heard from our Rangemasters that the Guvnor has deemed Gun Stores and Rifle Ranges are “essential.”

No argument from me; I think gun shows are “essential,” too, but no joy from Higher Authority on that one.

We can’t have lunch after our matches, but otherwise life, or some approximation of it, goes on.

Where do you find more “social distance” than a rifle range, anyway?

In my part of the state there are 4 clubs that cover all the Sundays of the month for handgun woods walk (25 hanging steel silhouettes along a wooded trail). Two that were scheduled for their 2020 openers have been cancelled and both had "indoor" sign up. The other 2 with "indoor sign up haven't yet but I expect them to cancelled as well. The shoot I really look forward to is the NRA pistol caliber lever rifle silhouette is outdoor sign up but wouldn't be suprised if it's a gonner too. With a gentle breeze the 6 foot social distancing probably won't fly. I have the worse case of cabin fever I've ever had.

Boolit Master
    Well at my club I host all the matches. Management has closed the club and canceled all matches until July. I have decided to no longer host any events until the club has a management change. So as of right now no events in my future for this year. It’s a shame to as many where looking forward to the steel shoots.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

So far Ten Sleep has cancelled the 18-19 April event, there’s a Appleseed event in Sheridan the same weekend. Only 3 shooters signed up so far and not cancelled, I’m going to attend this if it happens. I don’t care how long you’ve been shooting you will learn something at a Appleseed event, priceless endeavor.

Boolit Master

Got the notice yesterday that our club has cancelled all meetings, matches, and training classes "until further notice" in compliance with our governor's executive order shutting down all organized public activities. Range is still open for use by individual members, 8A to dusk, 7 days a week, but clubhouse is not available for use. Shot there this morning; only two shooters on the pistol line and I had the rifle line all to myself.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Our range is usually opened on April 15.
    Opening day was moved to May 1.
    I am not holding my ‘breath’.

Our range has been open since May 2.
    Last edited by ELFEGO BACA; 05-29-2020 at 09:27 PM.
    Can our government survive the next 4 years?

Boolit Buddy
    Update to my post above. Got the email saying all matches at my Austin club are gone. Signs at club last night to keep 6 ft away. There were maybe 10-15 folks on the property so easy to do. I got one pistol bay to myself and half the 200 yard range to myself too. Love it!

Illinois matches are done for this month anyway.

Boolit Master
    Iberia parish Sheriffs range, Local range in Lafayette La, and quite possibly the Fusilier complex here in Louisiana are closed. Don't know about Barney's which is an indoor range is closed or not. While gun shows are held regularly around the state, prudence would dictate that they will be closed. Frank. We have a curfew which starts at 5pm each night you can both see and hear vehicles passing the house after curfew. Supposedly only electrical, gas,utility and hospital workers are allowed after curfew.
    Frank

Boolit Buddy
    I saw yesterday morning on the Quigley website that it has been canceled for this year. That's my favorite shoot and very disappointing. I haven't heard anything about the Lodi match yet but the virus is quite active around the Milwaukee, Madison area so I am assuming that will be cancelled as well. Here in Minnesota, I've been talking to our match director and it isn't looking good here either. This could go down as a year when the shooting season never happened.

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    With all the cancellations, and possible cancelations, that trip to Phoenix for the AZWINS in March is getting more and more worth while. And it was well worth it before all this stuff started.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Don McDowell View Post
    With all the cancellations, and possible cancelations, that trip to Phoenix for the AZWINS in March is getting more and more worth while. And it was well worth it before all this stuff started.
    Don since I talked to you at Raton in what turned out to be a one day creedmoor match, much has happened. We lost our range at FtChadborne as well as the Mexia range and guessing we may never have another creedmoor match at Raton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast