RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: running out of things to do

Watch the stock market when Cuomo talks. Today up 115 before and down 120 after. He is a real drama queen. He and DeBlasio misplayed this thing and his state was $6 billion in a hole when this started, while the Federal economy was soaring.

I am working my way through changing the oil and doing maintenance on all the small engines around the place. With both my kids home I wish I had time to read a book, sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    you got that right. They just made it an issue to attack trump. NY and Coumo want every penny and every mask and ever respirator in the country. They could care less that its spreading all accross the country and if they tie them all up what are people in other states 2 weeks from now going to fight it with. Until they get them all trump is trash to them and even if they get them they will just find a new way to bash him Coumo is just postering for a run for president in the next election. I feel for Ny and nyc but its here in my state too and in most of states guys here live in. Personaly I think fox should quit airing coumos daily tear fest.
    Regardless of Cuomo's position, those are American bodies being loaded into the 85 refrigerator trucks in NYC. Its not a time to be political, I supported Trump then and will continue to support the conservative side, but its pretty surreal to see people who didnt ask for this to be stacked up like cordwood on our own soil. Just my opinion.

how about a recipe? Can you buy gluten in the store?? Can you make it?
    I'll dig around for the recipe.

I had to get the pure gluten powder from a on line bakery supply place.

(Search: 'vital wheat gluten'. It'll tell ya all about it and where to get it--- I think Amazon even has it.)

When I shopped for it- The smallest they had was a gallon.
    I also get the commercial yeast from there too. It comes by the pound- but sealed up, it lasts in the refrigerator for a few years.
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 03-31-2020 at 09:08 PM.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Banned

I cant argue that. I saw it too. What scares the hell out of me is what happens when they send Michigan 4ooo respirators and NY 40,000 and it gets just as bad here because this is one of the top hit states too and the problem is growing leaps and bounds here too. You think NY is going to give up half of theres to help the people of Michigan??? Louisiana??? Florida??? My point is NY should definitely get there share. Maybe even a few extra because its so bad there but we are giving them about all of our resourses while this virus spreads across the country. What happens if they next week give Michigan a pile of them and a week later it hits Montana and theres NOTHING left for them. In some ways the way its been dealt with so far your better off if your one of the first states hit. Theres no magic walls on the border of North Dakota, Wyoming, Texas ect. that is going to stop this. Its going to hit them bad too. its just a matter of time. By seeing the way Cuomo seems to work it will take an armed insurgence to get him to let anything from NY leave the state. Like trump has said. The fed government isn't there to do it all. These are things that coumo should have been prepared for just like our liberal swear word governor should have. Its his fault he didn't buy what he needed. The rest of the country shouldn't have to go without because he didn't prepare.

I say do this. Take all the masks gowns and respirators that are in stock today and hand them out equaly to EVERY STATE according to there population. Even if it hasn't hit severely there. Then as new ones are produced key in on the bad states. Any state that doesn't immediately put in place stay at home orders and unlike the order in my state actually enforce it should get nothing. Its a joke here. We have stay at home orders and nobody seems to pay attention to it. Believe on thing though Cuomo is NO HERO. He puts on his side show tv thing everyday and gets his digs in on the president and about blackmails him into giving NY favoritism. He is doing nothing but jockeying for a future presidential run. Hes more concerned with his popularity then he is the working man in NY. Wastes an hour a day of time he should be spending on fixing his problem show boating on tv. Probably another hour getting his hair fixed and makeup before hand. He screwed up and screwed up bad. Comical the liberals in his state cant see through his bs. Don't get me wrong. I don't dislike the people of NY. Not one bit. I feel for them. But there governor is nothing but a phony liberal showboater.
    Quote Originally Posted by phaessler View Post
    Regardless of Cuomo's position, those are American bodies being loaded into the 85 refrigerator trucks in NYC. Its not a time to be political, I supported Trump then and will continue to support the conservative side, but its pretty surreal to see people who didnt ask for this to be stacked up like cordwood on our own soil. Just my opinion.

Banned

do you have a link to that bakery supply place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    I'll dig around for the recipe.

I had to get the pure gluten powder from a on line bakery supply place.

(Search: 'vital wheat gluten'. It'll tell ya all about it and where to get it--- I think Amazon even has it.)

When I shopped for it- The smallest they had was a gallon.
    I also get the commercial yeast from there too. It comes by the pound- but sealed up, it lasts in the refrigerator for a few years.

Moderator Emeritus

Vital Wheat Gluten(and crap load of other baking needs) https://www.hodgsonmill.com/products/vital-wheat-gluten I would call and check stock before ordering...

do you have a link to that bakery supply place?
    There's several. You can probably find all that sort of stuff on Amazon too.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12