Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggest a Lee mold for a Winchester 94

Boolit Buddy
    Well your request is for a Lee mold, so try one in the 150-170 grain range with flat or round nose over 8-10 grains of Unique. They will will shoot low, but put a smile on your face.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Photog View Post
    So I have some time on my hands, and where I am I can go out to the forest and shoot. Just starting on cast loads for the M94 in 30-30. The Lee 309-120r is a DOG in this rifle, with 8" groups at 25yds with a variety of powders and charges. Ran speeds from 1400fps to 2400fps, with and without gas checks and just terrible. I also have the Lee 309-180r available, haven't made up any loads, but was hoping for a lightweight boolit load for fun, but accurate, plinking/varmint hunting. Also tried a 110gr M1 carbine j-word with varget and got MEH! groups. Its a 1975 vintage M94, and I haven't shot it much at all.
    What do you suggest for a boolit mold? I like Lee prices (when they work!). That 120r mold boolit shoots 2" groups at 50yds in an M1 carbine from a 1942 barrel, its not the boolit that won't shoot straight. For comparison I shoot my Uberti 1866 in 838spl with the same lead (1% tin and 2-3% antimony) at 1250fps, no gas check and get 1-2" at 50yds, where the M94 shot at 16" at the same distance. I have not slugged the barrel yet, but some of the 120r's were unsized at .3125, yep they just barely chamber.
    It would be nice to hear what other have done that works. would like to be around 1300fps, lite boolit; or possibly heavy boolit at 1000fps or even sub sonic.
    I used the LEE 180 grain GC in a 94 years ago, it shot fine - ran it full throttle though - old action had been rebarreled with a piece of a 308 match barrel (so the guy told me)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12