Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Convertible revolver advice

Boolit Grand Master
    It’s also a good idea to mark ammo boxes with what’s actually in them, not what was originally in them. Don’t ask me how I know that cast bullets in 457” diameter don’t fit into a 22 rifle, regardless of the box they’re stashed in.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    I never left my spare cylinder at home. Mainly cause I only shot it once and then stuffed it in a box until I sold the pistol a few years later. Fired a few thousand rounds of .45LC through it before it was sold.

But, I have left ammo at home, magazines, even a rifle bolt. And have left the targets at home, stapler for the targets, and ear plugs.

Boolit Buddy
    In the same conversation when at range shooting a 44 Mag side by side with a 41 Mag make sure you do not load 41 in the 44 chambered revolver! kind of hard on the brass. Must admit to doing this.

Boolit Master
    Once my .45 Colt’s sounded kinda funny, only to find split .44 Special brass ejected. That was at a practice range session, so at matches I shoot nickel .45 and brass .44 Special.

Boolit Grand Master

To avoid problems described abovd, I tend to "program" myself so that I carry a general variety in my van most of the time. However, I admit, that at the start of almost every season, the first time or two, I CAN leave something at home. After the first time or two, however, my "program" takes over and it is clear sailing for the rest of the season.

One of things I find MOST helpful is to clearly label most things - a couple of label makers are arguably my most used (and appreciated) tools.

YMMV,
    Dale53

Boolit Master
    Most of the convertible revolvers shoot bullets of two different diameters. 22LR bullets are .223, but 22RM are .224. Similarly, 9mm are .356, 38/357 are .357. So usually the cartridge taking the fatter bullet shoots better in the required bigger bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Norske View Post
    Most of the convertible revolvers shoot bullets of two different diameters. 22LR bullets are .223, but 22RM are .224. Similarly, 9mm are .356, 38/357 are .357. So usually the cartridge taking the fatter bullet shoots better in the required bigger bore.
    The gun in question was a .357/9mm. The 9 cylinder has been worked over by Dougguy to shoot cast and all boolits are sized .358.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    For any trip to the range, it is required to forget something...

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Well, if I forget anything..... it's only about 40 feet from the "range" back to the house.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12