Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .45 acp

Boolit Master
    I've shot so many different powder and bullet combinations in my .45's (all 1911) that I can't say I have a real favorite or most accurate.

Because I used to shoot skeet I would have one of the Hercules powders around most of the time. Bullseye, Red Dot, Green Dot, Blue Dot, Unique, 2400. Used all of them in the .45 at one time or another. Then tried WW231 and liked the way it metered. About that time AA 2,5,7,9 became available to me and I switched to them. Have stayed with them ever since for the .357, 9mm and .45. About the only one I didn't like was 2400. It was perfect for heavy loads in the .45 and .357 but it was dirty.

Cast bullets have ranged from 185 to 255 with most being the Lee 200SWC or 230TC.

230 grain cast with 4.0Gr of Clays. Clean and nice to shoot.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Master
    I have probably shot more Lyman 452460 200gr SWCs over varying charges of Unique than any other cast boolit in various .45 ACP pistols over the decades. Yup, Unique, aka 'flaming dirt.' Yes, it makes you gun(s) dirty. So, clean them. I've also found that HS6, 700-X (although sometimes a pain to get to meter well), and Win 231 work well in this cartridge. Although Bullseye was THE original powder used in factory ammo for this cartridge, I have never tried any in it.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12