RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Reloading/ casting system on wheels

Boolit Buddy

Reloading/ casting system on wheels

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31283993-F92E-45BB-A776-1D10E3991A33.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	259260Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31283993-F92E-45BB-A776-1D10E3991A33.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	259260 want to make a reloading/ casting station on wheels from this 4x 5 job box .....anyone ever do this

Never heard of one, but there's no reason it wouldn't work.

I'd have brakes on the wheels, holes in the top to bolt down presses if ya didn't put them on a bench, (height may be an issue)
    partitions inside to keep stuff separate & organized.

It should do OK, and be able to store everything and close the lid on it.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Kinda big, full of lead it’s going to be heavy too. I cast intermittently so I just move my casting stuff to my 3’x4’ work table which is on casters, roll it under the outlet [my barn has 7 ft ceilings so some of my outlets are overhead] plug my pot in and cast a few days until I’m done and then put it all away. Then I pc what I’ve cast up.
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 03-30-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Boolit Master

Sounds like a good idea!
    If you have little ones it works be a way to secure things from curious little minds!

Boolit Master
    should work great,might want to build blocks to raise it some

Boolit Grand Master

Better would be to build an angle iron frame for it to sit in with the wheels on it then and 4 threaded leveling feet. this way it can be rolled to where you want it the feet ran down and leveled taking weight of the wheels and also make it more stable on an uneven surface, eliminating any rock. It can be leveled with the feet making scales and other tools work better

The big drawback to it will be sitting you will be a ways away from it as you wont be able to put your legs under it. It will take some room to roll around.

A frame made from 1/4" X 2" X 2" angle iron that it can sit down in. Add a 1/4" X 6" plate on each corner that extends 2" past the sides and under the casters. drill and tap a 3/4" 10 threaded hole in the 2" extension for the adjuster feet. This frame will add support to the bottom of the job box and make it more stable.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    Better would be to build an angle iron frame for it to sit in with the wheels on it then and 4 threaded leveling feet. this way it can be rolled to where you want it the feet ran down and leveled taking weight of the wheels and also make it more stable on an uneven surface, eliminating any rock. It can be leveled with the feet making scales and other tools work better

The big drawback to it will be sitting you will be a ways away from it as you wont be able to put your legs under it. It will take some room to roll around.

A frame made from 1/4" X 2" X 2" angle iron that it can sit down in. Add a 1/4" X 6" plate on each corner that extends 2" past the sides and under the casters. drill and tap a 3/4" 10 threaded hole in the 2" extension for the adjuster feet. This frame will add support to the bottom of the job box and make it more stable.
    Then put uprights at one end to support a benchtop that holds a press at the right height for use with your preferred seating/standing arrangement. The benchtop could be fixed or could be made to fold/rotate over the box/detach.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Buddy
    I built a workshop last summer in back yard. My big presses are on a long bench attached to wall. The small hand presses are attached to one of those big Husky tool drawer chests on wheels. A couple wheels lock but that’s not enough. Kind of bummed it didn’t work so great but I honesty don’t use hand presses as much as I used to so not too worried. Think I might store heavier items in drawers to see if that helps or figure out how to lock other wheels. Maybe just block the wheels with something.

Boolit Grand Master

Maybe a set of wheel chicks on the 2 unlocked wheels. use a heavy piece of wood and cut a hole wheel dia thru it split in half and then angle one side up to 1/4" above bottom of wheel hole. set these down at wheels roll box up into them then lock other 2 casters. It will hold the unlocked wheels but there will still be the play in axles swivels and sheet metal

My casting machine is on a little roll around cart.