RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Group Buy Slow Down

Boolit Master

Group Buy Slow Down

It seems like all the group buys are at a standstill. Is my perception correct? This seems to been going on pre virus. I haven't had one complete since the method change at MP. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Ruger RedHawk 357 Mag 44 Mag GP100 Davidson Exclusive 5" Security Six 2 3/4", Speed Six 4"
    Smith Wesson 629 PP and 686 PP, 617

Boolit Master

they would go very quickly if people would jump in, can't complete a group buy if it aint full.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHawk357Mag View Post
    It seems like all the group buys are at a standstill. Is my perception correct? This seems to been going on pre virus. I haven't had one complete since the method change at MP. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    The buy I'm in took 10 months from close of buy to mill. Someone said Miha is doing Air Gun molds. It may be Miha is a one man shop with world wide sales now.

All you guys that said how good MP Molds were. This is ALL your fault!

LOL
    Last edited by Mal Paso; 03-28-2020 at 12:41 PM.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Grand Master
    The last group buy in which I participated “filled” rather quickly then we waited... in fact we waited so long that the subscription doubled, even with a substantial number of dropouts. When I finally did get it, the mould was everything I had hoped for eighteen months before, when I signed up for it!. The honcho for the group buy kept responding to inquiries of when it would drop with comments like, “Now you have more time to save money to pay for it.” I already had the money or I wouldn’t have ordered it!

At my advanced age and deteriorating health, I don’t think I’ll be participating in any more group buys. I’ll go for sure things like a quest for the Holy Grail or something similar. If I can’t order a mould off the shelf or to be cut to order in a known time frame, I’ll just have to look elsewhere or do without. Life is too short for me to join these nebulous group buys. YMMV!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

I'm currently in in GB, we are just waiting for a few more people to sign up.

We've been waiting for a few months. It does seem to have slowed down.
    NRA Benefactor.

NOE is very quick and Accurate promises in three weeks or so and delivers in about a week. At least that has been my experience.
    M. Stenback

Boolit Master

As people loose their jobs or get hours cut, buying bullet molds will be a luxury dropped early. And, if you get sick, ordering a new mold will not be high on the list.

I'm on the list for my first group buy. I believe this will be the last, just takes too long at my age. I would most likely drop out on this one as I've purchased other moulds that fill my need but I will stay in for others here that have more patience than I do and are looking forward to the mould being cut. If I need something custom cut I'll go with Accurate and for items in stock, I've been very happy with the NOE offerings.Gp

I’ve been in a couple of group buys. One was pretty quick, one took forever. I love both molds. I now have more molds and more lead than I have time to cast and shoot!!!
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Quote Originally Posted by BNE View Post
    I’ve been in a couple of group buys. One was pretty quick, one took forever. I love both molds. I now have more molds and more lead than I have time to cast and shoot!!!
    I hear you BNE. Being a Noe thousand dollar club member more than twice over and owning many more from the other makers, I should just work more with what I have. This mould business is a sickness I tell you! Gp

Boolit Grand Master

I think MP has really dropped the ball, and I will not be doing any more business with him because of it. I did a NOE group buy, and it was about a month and a half from opening the thread, to molds being shipped out. I later did an Arsenal molds group buy, and it was 3 weeks from start to molds being shipped. I was in a couple MP group buys, and months later not even an update, dropped out. Last year I joined some more MP buys to give him a second chance. One of the buys even went into last call. Still, 5 months after "last call" not even an update.
    Last edited by megasupermagnum; 03-31-2020 at 04:12 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I think I am in 2 group buys and for the life of me can't remember them. Guess I will have to dig thru them and see.

Banned

There are issues with MP charging more than the agreed price on buys right now. It has been reported but no updates. About ready to send it to paypal to get resolved. The price was agreed on for shipping included on price given. He is now charging $16 more for shipping over the agreed price where it was included. So in essence you are paying for the shipping two times.

Boolit Master

My last group buy years ago was for a 6.5 cruise missile cut to proper dimensions. The buy filled up quickly, and we all waited for over two years before every one gave up on it. In fact I gave up on it when I sold the rifle it was intended for, though I could have used it in my 6.5 MS. I've been on 4 MIHA group buys, and countless NOE buys, but probably won't be doing them again. I guess NOE isn't doing them at all any more anyway...

I guess I was impatient. I waited 6 months and bowed out on one GB mould. I guess I'm not much interested in waiting ≥ 6 months to save $10-15 as I'm not that hard-up for cash. I'm happy the mould makers are busy, but they should be transparent about expected turn-around.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by McFred View Post
    I guess I was impatient. I waited 6 months and bowed out on one GB mould. I guess I'm not much interested in waiting ≥ 6 months to save $10-15 as I'm not that hard-up for cash. I'm happy the mould makers are busy, but they should be transparent about expected turn-around.
    Exactly. NOE can make a hollow point mold for cheaper, and they are kept in stock. Any maker can do a solid design as well, and have it to your door in days or weeks. If you have to have the best of the best hollow points, you can have them done by Hollowpoint Molds. You are looking about a 1-2 month tops wait for this. It costs more, but you also get a better product, and made exactly as you want.

With MP you are stuck with a brass mold, made to someone else's design, and you are looking at about 2-3 YEAR wait.

I don't care if he made them for $30, no bullet mold is worth getting jerked around like this.

Boolit Master
    When I first joined this site I got addicted to buying GB molds. A few of these arrived in about a year from when I committed to the buy, but usually they went longer than that. Sometimes, a lot longer. It was the nature of the game to have enough commitments for the maker to justify gearing up for a new pattern and I have no frustration with the maker over that. A change came for me when the custom shops like Accurate (and others) offered large spreads of designs and fast turn around on the order. Now we have more of these custom shops with ever expanding design patterns. I got out of GB mindset (with one only recent exception) and am comfortable working with the builders who can deliver an order in a month or less. If they don't offer what I "think" I want its usually because I didn't study their catalog closely enough.

I am currently in two group buys one from MiHec it has only been a few mouths, and one from NOE that is going on two years, I know the number of molds that I order has slowed down in the last few years because I have molds that work good for about every gun I own,
    most of my group buys have come in less than 2 mouths. but now I don't see as many group buys happening and the ones that are is at a slower pace than in the past

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    The last on I was in on was for NOE - at least a year ago of so. Time passed, I got busy and when I finally remembered and checked, I was surprised to see the it was closed - never received any notification from NOE - not blaming Al - I just never heard anything. I have been in on others for NOE - always was pleased and I still purchase NOE molds because I like them. I realize that when you go in on a group buy, it sometimes takes a while before you get enough to make it a viable thing. Unfortunately if the wait is too long I think some folks end up going a different route.

Vendor Sponsor

We are still up and running. Running normally.
    Problem why thinks are slow...... Look at the group buys....they are no more group buys - they are more wish lists.

Group buy means 25 SAME molds. Lately In one group buy I came out with 16 different setups. That's why thinks slow down.

Think this as McDonalds and fancy superduper restaurant.... In McDonalds they have 5 menus ready to go. Pay and go.
    In fancy restaurant you wait for an hour, because you want your stake medium rare, not so spicy, done on olive oil.......you get the point?

Trying my best here.
    Last edited by MiHec; 03-31-2020 at 03:53 AM.
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast