Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingWidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had to get out today. going stir crazy.

Boolit Master

Had to get out today. going stir crazy.

Even though we are under "STAY AT HOME" ORDERS, I snuck out to the range today. Took the 1873 Uberti clone. I've never had a lever action before that is so accurate. I had a Marble's tang sight put on it and what a difference! I removed the disk and just used the peep as a ghost ring. I was shooting at broken pieces of clay bird on the 100 yard berm. I couldn't believe that I was hitting 3 out of 4 just resting elbows on the bench, no sandbags! I didn't have time or opportunity to really work with the rifle last fall when I took that buck with a 40 yard drop in his tracks shot. Now I realize that I could have made that shot at 100 yards and still dropped him in his tracks! That rifle is phenomenal! 8.7 gr of Unique and a 260 gr poly coated lead round nose flat point sized .452. That .45 Colt really shoots! BTW, I wasn't the only guy who was at the range.....

Quote Originally Posted by jimb16 View Post
    BTW, I wasn't the only guy who was at the range.....
    Just stay at least 10 feet apart, no hand shaking and don't slobber all over your neighbors gun! LOL
    Romans 10:9"...If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved.."

My trading feedback thread: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...t=#post3092680

Boolit Bub
    I'm stuck at home and thought I could get to my outdoor range where I never come closer than 20 feet to anyone. However in my state all ranges are shutdown.

Boolit Master

My range is shut down

Unfortunately, all this time to reload and work up loads does me no good. they shut down my range here in the Memphis area.
    Ed

Boolit Buddy
    Both ranges I’m member of are closed by EO, so for me it’s only cleaning my guns and stockpiling reloads

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

well i just went down to the press and broke it. I sure hope lee is still open or no reloading for me till they are.

Our range here is the club range members only and is still open might go there to Moro with my lever gun

Great work! Great shooting!

I have shot my 30-30 with j-words and a scope with bolt action results; so the potential is there. I'm not so good with the iron sights anymore.

Boolit Master
    Outside of going to the Khubota dealer and getting my double element air filter and new battery which was immediatly installed and off to cut grass. Finished with the grass and had to trim the limbs of a white oak. In about 4 hours time I had a huge pile off branches and limbs. Yesterday started picking up the small stuff and today all the heavy stuff beens cut up and on the burn pile. But cannot burn because they instituted a burn ban don't know when it is supposed to expire probably when the fall rolls around.

Then start making trips down by the bayou to collect more branches and limbs. Funny how much work done in 4-5 hours. I have a battery powered chain saw and after doing the initial adjustments to the chain makes cutting old stuff a breeze. Tomorrow is my day of rest. Been farting around with some forends for the British #4 MKI* service rifle I have. gotta make a dutchman for the back end of the stock. Starting to crack as the draws were poorly cut causing the crack. Then Acetone and whitening. Get that dome and finish sand the stock then glass bed the action,1st 1" or so of the breech. Stock was made in India and has the ishy screw. Frank

Boolit Buddy
    Loaded up some RL7 ( RX7) experimental rds. for my 40-60 Chappie. , awhile back but life got in the way,, then a friend called yesterday needed some help w/ a " pre Columbus " bull dozer !!!! and bring your rifle ,he almost mashed my fingers when he hung up the phone ,,we talked about what could be wrong and why it wouldn't start ,, all that time we'r load'n targets and other gear , my friend thought we could think better if we relaxed some ,, first ,, had a good afternoon,, " dozer ", maybe next time.

coffee's ready ,, Hootmix.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dpoe001 View Post
    well i just went down to the press and broke it. I sure hope lee is still open or no reloading for me till they are.
    What did you break? I used to live in the Shamokin/Mount Carmel area!

In my state, the "STAY AT HOME" order applies to adults over 60 years old and/or younger folks who have underlying medical conditions.

Anyone else can leave their homes for grocery shopping, pharmacy visits, banking, walks in a park, and medical appointments - as long as they observe social distancing (6' between folks) and the 5 person to a crowd limit.

My gun club has closed our indoor range/clubhouse, and limited outdoor range use to 5 members at a time on each range.
    (we have 6 outdoor ranges: 21', 25yd, 100yd & 200yd + a skeet & a trap range).

I do keep a container of sanitary wipes in my vehicles, so we can clean shopping cart handles, ATM buttons/screens, etc, prior to handling them.

I also wipe down any metal or plastic surfaces at my range that I touch.

We also shop with our hands inside small plastic bags - the wipe off every item purchased before taking the item(s) inside my home.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master

March 28, 2020
    For immediate release
    BREAKING: GOA and GOC Thank the Trump Administration for Designating Firearms Industry as Essential
    Springfield, VA – President Trump’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has revised its guidance of critical infrastructure to include the firearms industry as part of the Essential Critical Infrastructure. This revision comes shortly after Gun Owners of America (GOA) and Gun Owners of California (GOC) sent a letter to the administration urging inclusion of the firearms industry.
    The guidance specifically includes “[w]orkers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges” as part of the Essential Critical Infrastructure.
    GOA Senior Vice President Erich Pratt said, “It is very encouraging to see CISA include the firearms industry as essential. In these uncertain times, the ability to protect yourself — and to acquire firearms, magazines and ammunition — should not be ignored. GOA/GOC thanks the Trump Administration for listening to our letter and ensuring that Americans can protect themselves in these difficult times.”
    Erich Pratt, or another GOA spokesperson, is available for interviews. Gun Owners of America is a nonprofit lobbying organization dedicated to protecting the right to keep and bear arms without compromise. GOA represents over two million members and activists. For more information, visit GOA’s Press Center.

Boolit Bub
    In my state of Washington, the liquor stores and Pot shops are open, as they are deemed "essential", but the gun shops and ranges are closed.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    OP - If I could ask - what barrel length down your Uberti 45 Colt '73 have? One of these in 45 Colt is on my bucket list - just trying to decide the barrel length I want. Thnx.

Boolit Master

Mine is a 24 inch barrel. Its a little muzzle heavy, but it is accurate and recoil is practically non-existent.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Thank you for the info. I looked at a 24" barrel model last year and I really kind of liked it a lot. My use would be for range - offhand and bench and playing at longer distances as well. I should have bit the bullet nd purchased it - but the next time I won't walk away. It will probably be a project for next fall the way things are going. Thanks again and enjoy that nice rifle!

Boolit Master
    our range closed a week ago and the land i shoot over is 20 miles away .so no shooting for me .might get my air pistol out in the garden .

Boolit Buddy
    I shot my Henry 44 BBS today at home. have steel plates hanging in the woods by my house to shoot at. those 250 beartooth bullets put some nice dents in the heavy plate, some really large holes in the lid to a 55gal drum I have hung too. nice to be able to shoot at home.
    Barry

I been in the house since Saturday before Christmas. Recovering from surgeries, then this hits. I had only been out for doctor visits. For something to do I’m going to put a roll of toilet paper up by the road and sit with a rifle and see what I can bait in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast