Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
WidenersLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pacific Pistol Measure

Boolit Master

Yes, I have some and also have made rotors on my lathe and drill press
    Mike

p.s. also the RCBS Lil Dandy is along the same lines but different rotor diameter

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012936930
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    Something I have not found yet is any mention of factory marked rotors for Unique or 2400 powders, yet I have in hand what appear to be examples of both. Does anyone have any documentation of these? They will probably be late Pacific production or maybe into the Bair era.

As always, thanks for all the help!

Froggie
    UPDATE: Over on the ARTCA Forum (which I highly recommend) someone posted some old catalog pages and the Unique and 2400 listings showed up. Another piece falls into place!
    "It aint easy being green!"

Banned
    Mr. Frog Person sir, I have about a dozen rotor's, I will get a list to you. One is marked Unique. I am retaking pictures of the 5 variations, these will go to you. Next is digging through the catalogs to get approximate dates of production, I don't have a complete set so it leaves some open areas..

I have the second one from the left, that I still use

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by metricmonkeywrench View Post
    Here's mine, the rotors run from 3 to 5 in .5 increments and are a simple machined brass rod. The one installed has more intricate machining and real stop pins and is marked 2.8 BUL

Attachment 259485
    All you need is a 2.0 and a 2.5 and you will have the whole run that was offered over the longest time of production.
    I’m still trying to find anything definitive on dates for the straight, simple cylinders vs the ones with larger knobs and the extra stop groove (whose function I can’t figure out! )

Froggie

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    Mr. Frog Person sir, I have about a dozen rotor's, I will get a list to you. One is marked Unique. I am retaking pictures of the 5 variations, these will go to you. Next is digging through the catalogs to get approximate dates of production, I don't have a complete set so it leaves some open areas..
    The rotors for Unique seem to run from about 4.5 or so up to 10 grains in .5 gr increments (if all the ones I have are original.) When I finish this odyssey Ken, I’ll have some dupes for various sizes and powders to dispose of. Maybe we can assemble a set for the archives as well. Then too, there’s the NIB late Bair measure that belongs in a museum or archive... no reason to use it...

Froggie

Banned
    Mr. Frog Person, the Bair will be in the archive. I need to look at the pre-war catalogs then I will have a package to get off to you. I have not found a catalog listing for Unique, though I have one so marked and another that I cannot determine what it is.

Banned
    OP THANK YOU ! I bought a collection of measures from Amoskeg and one of these with 16 rotors was in it (along with a fantastic Ohaus). It is totally unmarked so I had no idea who made it. I've used it to load. 44 Russian, 300 B/O and 9x55 Swiss. Works very well and is as accurate as the LEE for small charges.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    Mr. Frog Person, the Bair will be in the archive. I need to look at the pre-war catalogs then I will have a package to get off to you. I have not found a catalog listing for Unique, though I have one so marked and another that I cannot determine what it is.
    Ken,

You sent me the reference with the Unique and 2400 marked rotors in it. IIRC, it was one of the pages that came through as a jpeg, in the little box showing the measure and listing the rotors available. That list showed only the three rotors I have for 2400, but more listed for Unique than I have seen.

Let me work with that data and see what I can sort out.

Froggie

Boolit Mold
    green frog. what is the diameter of the rotors on your Pacific measure? They look like the rotors that I use on my Bonanza measure.

Boolit Grand Master

Gentlemen, I just came up to catalog my rotors for my Bair. I have UN6, UN8, and UN10 and BE2.7. I have 2.5 stamped and 4.6 scribed in an old electro pencil and these are Bullseye measures as I have used them as such. I have Bull 3.6 and Bull 2.5 scratched on the knurled end. I have one drilled and not marked and I haven't checked it but it appears to be between those last two. Finally I have four knurled and slotted but not drilled and one plain, not knurled and not drilled but slotted.

Two of them have holes drilled in the off ends - one centered and one clearly not centered. I'm assuming that either someone made these or that either Bair or Pacific sold knurled and slotted undrilled for people to make their own?

Cognac, these are .686" in diameter and 2.187" in length.
    Last edited by Wayne Smith; 10-06-2020 at 09:27 PM.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Here is a parts list, including rotors, for the slide type. The 1/2" dia brass rod needs to be a little undersize to fit the slide. Back in the day, I used to make them instead of buying.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

I have one of the red Pacific pistol measures and a few rotors. Also bought a couple 1/2” x1/2” nylon “spacers” at the hardware store to make a couple custom rotors. If someone with tools and expertise would make some out of 1/2” brass rod I am sure they could find a market here. They are great little tools and too handy to retire.

Boolit Grand Master
    This thread just took a confusing turn. The measures referred to by Old Joe Clarke and Shawlerbrook are not the ones we had been discussing... these newcomers are more properly referred to as using a slide and bushing mechanism rather than the rotors already under discussion. This later style allowed a wider range of charge volumes and was introduced relatively late in the production life of the Pistol Measure. Compare the picture in OJC’s post with this one from early in the thread;

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/atta...9&d=1585349761

Froggie

Sorry, the picture above threw me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12