Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Pro Auto Disk Powder Measure

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    The pro also has a replaceable silicone gasket between the disk and hopper that helps prevent the leaking with fine powders that the base model had.
    I have one of the old models with the upgrade kit and it works as good as the pro model.
    I have a couple of them on my pro 1000's, 9mm and 38 spc. Mostly Tight Group powder, haven't had any trouble with excessive leakage. I also have a couple RCBS, a Lyman 55, and a fixed bushing measure that I made years ago. I also like the fixed bushing, especially for long runs. They don't get out of adjustment.
    Oklahoma. Quite possibly the reddest state in the U.S.A. 77 counties, 2 elections, and not a single one went for B.O. Uh make that 3 elections, we didn't care much for Hillary either.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by leadhead View Post
    I just ordered a Pro disk measure.... I have 3 of the lee square measures I've had for years.
    One is set up with the disks and the other 2 have charge bars. I only use them for pistol
    and use a Redding measure for rifle. I just thought the Pro would be easier to change disks
    with the shut off set up on the hopper. It is a real PITA to change disks on the other ones.
    Denny
    I have the older, square Lee auto disk. Have had it since 1984. Never had a problem with spilled powder. I live out in the sticks, and usually don't have much choice in powder. I just use what I can find.

I recently came across a good deal on Accurate #2. problem is, the load for 148 gr LWC is 2.6 grains. Much too small for Lee's smallest disk.

I ordered a micro adjust charge bar. Got it dialed in in about 4 strokes. No leakage. Not gonna fix what ain't broke.

The adjustable charge bars work well, I run those.
    For anyone wanting to skip the 12 bucks and waiting, this will do the trick too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	modisk.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	259715

Boolit Mold
    GT1, sweet tweak!

I have a Lee Classic Turret press and the Pro Auto Disk. Here are some of my thoughts.
    The Pro Disk works and throws surprisingly accurate powder charges. Now, I shoot lever action Winchesters at moderate distances. One hundred meters for pistol caliber and 200 meters for pistol and rifle calibers. My goal is 2 MOA at those distances, and of course better is not complained about. So I may not be as exacting about what I call accurate/consistent powder charges as someone shooting F Class.... I use it for flake, ball, stick, Cheerios (Trailboss) and Swiss Black Powder. (more on that later) I have not used it for some of the notoriously large stick powders that crunch. The stick powders that work well for me are: Reloader 7 and 10X, H4227 and 4895, and Varget.
    The hopper is on the powder through die on the turret. When the Pro Disk is set up correctly the hopper is over the center axis of the turret. So even with the turret turning from station to station the hopper only spins on it's axis. The powder does not slosh around. I have tested every powder I use. Even moving around on the turret the powder charges are consistent. There is one modification that I made to the Pro Disk units I use. I put an RCBS powder baffle in each . It made my RCBS powder measure more accurate, so I figured it could/should/would help the Pro Disk.
    One of the advantages I see on the above scenarios is that the Lee Pro Disk is very portable. The linkage and action parts are on the self contained unit. It moves easily without adjustments from one Turret to another.
    I mentioned black powder. I have a second Pro Disk I set up for black powder. I have access to torches, braze and copper fittings. I made a "copper hopper" out of some scrap copper and a reducer fitting. It works quite well . I can post a picture or two if anyone wants. Now, I know that two Pro Disk risers only give me about six inches of drop tube for trickling black powder into the case. Again I am not looking for 1,000 yard 1/2 MOA accuracy. I load A LOT of 44WCF black powder rounds for Lever Action Silhouette. I have found to my satisfaction a balance between accuracy and production. I pull down the handle on the press until the powder charge just starts flowing and hold it there. The Pro Disk allows me to see the charge being trickled. I have tested dumping vs my version of trickling. It works.
    I also did another modification to my black powder Pro Disk. I bought TWO double disk sets . I cut the ears off of one side of two risers for the double disk use. I easily made a Lee Pro Disk triple disk powder measure. I use it for loading a 45-70 . The disks lock together and yes it throws accurate powder charges.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by GT1 View Post
    The adjustable charge bars work well, I run those.
    For anyone wanting to skip the 12 bucks and waiting, this will do the trick too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	modisk.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	259715
    I love it! Thanks for the idea.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

I have one PAD and a bunch of disks for it. These include the micro disk as well as blank disks. I’ve drilled the blank ones for loads I use often that fell in between the stock holes. It leaks far less than any other measure I own w/ H110. Even the Dillon measures I have leak w/ H110.

I like the fact that I don’t have to adjust anything w/ it. Dump powder, run ten charges, check weight to confirm and start loading. Anything to save time since my free time is extremely limited.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12