RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
Load Data

Thread: My Old Gevarm Open Bolt .22

My Old Gevarm Open Bolt .22

So, apparently talking to my Texas neighbours, open bolt .22's are a bit scarce down here. This one came from my dear old Dad, with 7 & 20 round mags, it is a ton of fun and makes a 60 or 10/22 feel like a 6x6 in yer mitts....... Just figuring out how to refurb it cosmetically. Still dispatch a bunch of grouse and rabbits with it every fall.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E06BAB5D-B341-4E1B-85D4-96CC964D7F0F.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	259103Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7A0552EF-49BE-484B-9350-5288B8E6D868.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	259104Click image for larger version. 

Name:	88BA17FE-B7D0-4B3D-B0CD-57518D1BC7F4.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	259105

Boolit Master
    I had one of those years ago.
    Lost it in a buy back.
    They aren’t to bad if you just hold it soft and let it rattle in your hands instead of trying to fight the bolt slap.

Just in case your don’t know you can put the spring spacer behind the spring for std velocity ammo to cycle.

Or just leave it the way it is.
    Put a few low power rounds then a high velocity one and you can have 2-3 spurt fire.
    I could tell you some urban myths about these guns shooting a whole mag in about a blink of an eye.
    But I be you have heard it all.

The crinkle black coat on the aluminium will not like the copper bullet cleaning fluids.
    Stick to a wipe over with Ed’s red.
    The roll pins need the right size punch if want to tackle it down further.
    Loved mine.
    They made a more conventional semiautomatic as well that was deadly accurate with beautiful wood.
    Ps:
    Mount a scope on the barrell as I could never get it to go back accurately with mine.
    Sometimes I’d miss the wabbit head completely.
    You know how to take the bolt out don’t you?
    Be careful of those mags they are hard to get and the the lips guide the bullet just so where the mag hangs down in its notch.
    You probably get fail to feed resting on the magazine.
    Never had a fail to fire unless there was something wrong with the ammo.
    Last edited by barrabruce; 05-31-2020 at 03:12 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    They are one of the easiest rifles to convert to full auto, but you didn't hear it here.

Boolit Master
    Open bolt semi-auto's are scarce in the US since the ATF decided in the early 80's that they were too easy to convert to F/A's and basically shut down domestic manufacture and import.

My little Mauser 105 is surprisingly accurate with the ammo it likes. It's almost identical to a Voere model 2005, but came factory threaded for a suppressor. These are about the simplest actions around. The little mauser's bolt is only 2 pieces: The main body (firing pin is a ridge on the bolt face) and the charging handle. Not much to go wrong.

I always kind of wanted a gevarm, but never found one for sale at the same time I had the money to buy it. Have fun with the little gem!
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Grand Master

The open bolt Ingram Mac 10's of the early 80's were in every Furh's SP? Texas grocery store and gun shop for about $350, I had a couple but are long gone, never saw any 22's though.
    Charter Member #148