RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
PBcastco Lee Precision
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: It's Starting Agin - .22 LR Not to be Found

When I checked there was some inexpensive 22 LR ammo, notably Remington, but you are correct, not much. Personally, I don't usually notice the inexpensive "plinking" ammo, as I have no use for it. So my view is biased. Thus, I concede the point.

I can’t understand the run on ammo and toilet paper. The people selling it are not the problem, it’s the idiots buying and hoarding that cause it.

Went to Chinamart today. They had been out of .22. They had three multi-packs. Only bought one and saved the others for someone else. There are no shotgun shells in 12 gauge to speak of.
    Ky State Director IHMSA
    Hunter Ed Instructor
    NRA Life Member

No such thing as hoarding.
    Love how people cry foul when they're to ignorant to be prepared.
    Guess everyone that survived the great depression was dirtbag hoarder.
    Live. Learn. Repeat.

Pretty simple.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

When the last time there was not one to find and then trump got in then the price drop is when I found what I need and now I am good for a time .I do not worry about it now.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

A lot of people buying this stuff up have never owned a gun before in their lives.
    These are the same people who looked down their noses at gun owners and demanded the gov to take them away from any one who didn't fit their narrow mold.
    Now all of a sudden when it looks like TSHTF they have changed their tune. Let's hope it stays that way.

I just dropped by Sportsmans Warehouse on my way home and they were still stocked in every caliber. They also had Armscor which I haven't seen for a few weeks now.

I just happened to see a bulk box of Remingtons when I was at Walmart last week. It was the last box, and my preferred brand. So I said, why not? I hear that no one else around here can find them anymore. I'm OK, like most of you I buy some here and there. I was going through A LOT when my daughter was on a shooting team. So hopefully, this shortage and all of it real problems will go away soon.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Master
    I was a Boy Scout when I was young, be prepared has stuck with me my whole live . I have all I need .

Boolit Master

It's Starting Agin - .22 LR Not to be Found

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
    I am about the same age. Thinking back on it. Seems like only 22 ammo around here in those days was Win. Super X, and maybe Remington Golden bullets. I remember when min-mags came out in about 67?
    My dad is a slight bit older than you guys and Grandpa stocked up on those old Super X’s back when they were still Western/Olin. Dad shot competition as a kid so Grandpa bought by the pallet, I’m now 36 and have been shooting through that supply my whole life and still have 2.5 bricks left. Stopped shooting it years ago just cause it’s what my 1939 Win 52 prefers so I save it for that.

Similar to another poster, my wife preferred the 22s when she was still shooting so we have several rifles and a few handguns chambered for it. She always made me buy a box to replace anything we shot so we would never run out. Everything else I shoot other than 223 I can cast and reload for. As with everything, this too she’ll pass and when things go back to normal we will all be good.

On a plus note though, panic buying allowed me to trade a box of Herters 380 steel case for a box of Winchester’s SilverTip 30-06 + 8 Mil surplus 30-06 because the guy didn’t need it but just got a used Bersa and needed ammo. Both of us were happy with said trade.

In regards to hoarding. I was raised on the seven Ps (proper prior planning prevents p poor performance).

Boolit Master
    Well as of last week not one 22 to be found in my area. Well not after I bought the last two boxes at running’s. Wish I would have passed it up. One box of Winchester 555 and one 500 bulk. Well I normally do not shoot cheap 22 ammo but the match stuff was just going to fast being stuck home all the time now. The ammo is all dirty and some are just primed brass. The other box had 371 bullets in it and had never been opened. I will tell everyone of my hunters Ed class students to stay clear of Winchester 22 ammo.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Hope everyone stocked while the prices were down. Might be a while getting back to where it was.

Boolit Master
    learned my lesson the forst 22rf shortage and vowed never to get caught short again. As soon as the ammo came back steadily I started buying.my favorites are the federal 550 packs and the 330 round boxes of Auto Match..I haven't cornered the worlds supply left plenty for you guys.Now at least I can co and shoot a 22 without feeling guilty. Frank

Moderator Emeritus

Like most everyone else, I stocked up on 22's after last fiasco. Finally tackling the reloading/work room. Have a few more 22's than I thought. Oh well will have plenty for nieces, nephews, and eventually grandkids. I am stocked up on everything I reload for and then some. Like others here being remote I have not really been impacted by this whole virus thing or hoarding, etc.. Good luck folks

I am pretty well stocked up on everything, but between the virus and the upcoming election, things will begin to escalate in price and disappear.

My basement concrete is cracking under the weight.

Boolit Master
    I couldn't resist posting this pic;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	633d00f610798227128a58935ce5676d.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	259243

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Earlwb View Post
    I couldn't resist posting this pic;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	633d00f610798227128a58935ce5676d.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	259243
    Love it. I normally buy by the case as well. Get free shipping that way most of the time.

I like the 7P post too. I am a big believer is that. Difficult to understand how anyone can be short of ammunition and reloading supplies after our recent history.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Wife just said: “ Screw this 22 ****, you come on my property your getting a 223 or 40 in you ***. And we’re rationing ammo so no warning shot!”

And this is why I love her.
    Last edited by Minerat; 03-28-2020 at 04:15 PM. Reason: language

Boolit Grand Master
    Check out Target Sports, they still have some stuff

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast