MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders JerkyWideners
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: It's Starting Agin - .22 LR Not to be Found

Boolit Master

Got plenty .22 and dried beans . After 6 months or so I might get low.

Thanks for the reminder. I need to order more beans. My wife has discovered how easy they are to cook.

Quote Originally Posted by shooterg View Post
    Got plenty .22 and dried beans . After 6 months or so I might get low.

Boolit Master
    I was in my local Cabelas Outpost recently and they had a fair supply of various 22s including Winchester, Remington, CCI, and Herters. They do limit to one box (any size) per caliber per customer.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    My side job shop now has .22's on a daily basis. it may not be the kind you want, but it is available at normal prices.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Any election has an impact. Uncertainty causes stock market to get skittish, potential gun buyers to get off the fence, gun owners to get more engaged with their supply situation.

Election outcomes can then drive random actions that make lots of sense (wisdom of the crowd) or pretty stupid ( what I call the lemming effect). Imagine Trump loses AND the Senate changes party! What gun laws might result from that? People already skittish over the election will probably race to the "add to cart" button.

Even if the outcome goes the other way the possible pre-election run could be considerable. Or some mix of results that creates uncertainty such as hold Senate and lose presidency or vice versa. Uncertainty is a huge driver.

I do recall that it took me awhile to fund some basic reloading equipment or supplies. Times in the past I would have much less disposable income to put into reloading supplies or equipment. Also times in my life when the entire space I would have had for reloading would have been part of a closet.

So while I have said I would expect most will have already put in a supply of what they need not everyone has that option as fully as others. People do what they can. Some are reloading because it is the only way they can afford to shoot in even a modest fashion. Stocking up with bulk purchases are not financially an option. Or space limits their options. However it is also probably true that those folks are not the ones sucking up the available supply and creating shortages.

I'm "short of nothing" that doesn't mean there isn't anything I would buy if it wasn't unavailable. You know I found an extra $1,200 in my bank account I'm looking to spend. Shhhh don't tell anyone, I don't want the bank, the government or most importantly the dear wife to... darn too slow wife found it.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

I probably have a few decades supply of ammo and reloading stuff to support basic hunting, defensive, and minimal target practice. Of course, I enjoy shooting alot more than just that so I'm always adding to it.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Every time there is a disturbance in the force I'll buy some ammo. Has worked out well.

Banned
    I stopped by the Owattona Cabelas Saturday to see what was new. I found a Remington 514 that needed a new home. Walked over to the 22 rimfire shelf and the choices was really slim, one box of Federal and lots of Remington Golden BB's. Not much else. I could tell the stock was not being replenished. Asking the guy who was doing my paperwork about it, he denied they have any issue getting ammo. I did't want to argue, but if the shelf is empty there must be a supply reason.
    Since I live close by I have been picking up a box or two everytime I stop in. They are not restocking.

Boolit Master

The walmarts in my area have dried up on 22lr.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

My shop is getting as much guns and ammo as we ever have, it just goes out the door as soon as we put it out. .410 shotshells are seriously the hot item right now. Everybody wants them, they vanish quick. The popularity of the Taurus Judge and the cute little Rossi single shot seem to be driving it.

Boolit Master
    went to rural king today, shelves are bare.

I gloat. My investments in .22 ammo alone have risen in $$ value, percentage-wise, more than any investment in gold.
    Cognitive Dissident

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    I gloat. My investments in .22 ammo alone have risen in $$ value, percentage-wise, more than any investment in gold.
    But if you dont actually sell it...
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

I do not own a .22 of any sort ATM. .22 semiauto rifles are Assault Rifles in Washington. But I do not see any .22 ammo in stock here on the Long Beach Peninsula. For that matter Center Fire Rifle is also not available. Most powders (except Triple 7 is also not available. Most of the Sporting Goods/Gun Shops don't have much in Reloading Components either. and what they do have such as bullets you are limited to to 2 boxes per Caliber. Primers are unavailable as well, except Shot shell Primers. But Muzzle loader Caps are plentiful. Hoarding has hit us in most of the shooting sports

It comes down to:
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice, shame on me.

If you don't have what you need by now, there is not much hope for you.

Quote Originally Posted by maxreloader View Post
    But if you dont actually sell it...
    I reckon I can use it for collateral if I ever need a loan.
    Cognitive Dissident

Yes, even without the pandemic or racial unrest, the November election would have caused things to start disappearing.

Also factor in the million or so new gun owners in just the last few months. How many .22s did they buy along with their plastic pistols?
    Cognitive Dissident

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    It comes down to:
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice, shame on me.

If you don't have what you need by now, there is not much hope for you.
    Exactly. And this goes for primers as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I hope gun owners don't give up on November. Gun owners living in or near so-called swing states can do much to retain a pro-gun White House, and we all must work hard and prevent Congress from being entirely taken over by the gun confiscation crowd. The Boebert win in CO this week was remarkable, and I hope every gun owner in CO helps her win in November. The New York Times has a story today on why black Americans need guns. Considering the city and the newspaper the story isn't as biased and flawed as I expected, and the reader comments following the story have truly surprising balance. We need not lose this, and we can preserve gun rights for the Americans coming along behind us. Democracy isn't majority rule, it rule by the majority who show up. Checks to candidates, yard signs, registering voters at gun shows and churches, letters to newspaper editors, and making sure relatives vote for gun friendly candidates can and do make all the difference. When I give a check to a candidate it's guns that I talk about.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast