Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: Lee APP press compound

Boolit Grand Master

Lee APP press compound

Has anyone tested to see how the compound of the Lee APP compares to other presses????
    Being aluminium body, I'm guessing it's not made to form cases.
    Looks like a good tool, just not sure I really need one.

Boolit Master
    It is a lightweight companion for other presses if I had heavy work to do I would use one of the other presses.

For me, the APP's worth is it speeds up case prep processes. It's name Automatic Processing Press says it all. The automatic part is what makes it worth while to me....the only case and/or bullet feeder on a single station press, period.....and it indeed speeds up the bottle necks of reloading.

--I like the new-like brass from a wet tumbling operation....depriming first is the bottleneck....the APP removes that.

--I like the Redding Grx bulge remover (or Lee's version) both are way fast on the APP.

--I have to remove military primer pocket crimps....the case feeder can speed that up as well.

--I don't make Boolits yet, but if/when I do, sizing them with the APP bullet feeder has to be faster than the other methods.

And there may be other uses people will come up with.....but I doubt resizing, charging, and seating for those like me who already have progressives, won't be among them.

But maybe, just maybe Lee has opened a box.....maybe we will see case/bullet feeders someday for other single station presses!
    Last edited by GWS; 03-25-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Has anyone tested to see how the compound of the Lee APP compares to other presses????
    Being aluminium body, I'm guessing it's not made to form cases.
    Looks like a good tool, just not sure I really need one.
    It sizes my 7 mm mag cases with ease. It also has hand clearance like no other press. Because the case is so long I don’t use the case feeder and take off the case feed spring. I am using an unknown brand of shell holder rcbs, Lyman or lee.