Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apology

Boolit Buddy

Apology

I recently misused a word in a post and received a well earned warning for it. My humble apologies to any and all who were offended by my crudity. I am going to reread the rules and regulations to better understand how to be a better poster on this forum. Again, you have my apologies.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

Boolit Master
    Although I missed the infraction , learn from it and move on .
    Apology excepted

Welcome to the club.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Grand Master

Yep I quoted a member who had "misspoke" in his post we both got a warning.

Boolit Master

What "word" (hehe)?

Me too, in a publicly published (re)quote from the Net. It happens...most likely in The Pit.

No apology necessary. We're all guilty of something at one point or another. You can bet your Sweet Bippy that NO ONE got offended and the Mods were following the Rules (a good practice to keep it from gaining a foothold and going completely PANDEMIC).

I wondered when and how I might use THAT word...
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Banned

If something you typed pops up as ************************************************ then it is the word filter this forum has to block profanity. Go back and change it before you get caught. Been there!

Boolit Grand Master

I found out what ***** meant the hard way myself... but you can use the word "batch" , such as
    " I made up a batch of Bens Red Lube " and not get dinged .
    Also when discussing 1851 Navy Colt cap and ball revolvers you can ask about replacement " nipples" and not get dinged...it ain't what you say , it's what you don't say.
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Banned

What did you say?

Boolit Master

Sometimes, as in an Interweb QUOTATION, the filter does not operate, and one can and will get "dinged".

There ARE pencil whipped "work arounds" that WILL get you "dinged" if the meaning is clear and profanity was intended.

This is a family friendly site and it is best to leave the pointed language and roughshod attitude outside its limits.

Boolit Grand Master
    I've found my conversational and socially acceptable verbiage doesn't print well sometimes. Even unintended comments and select terms used in normal conversation have to be considered before committing to type. That and I can't spell for beans may explain my transgressions. We all have done it ~ well, most of us have.

You do not need to apologize, mistakes happen but with an understanding of how to avoid the problem maybe it will keep it under control. So I submit the following for everyones edification.

Type what you have to and if it's on the list the censor will catch it. If it doesn't you're good.

Don't try to help the censor by using characters instead of the correct letters or you will get dinged. This rule applies to everyone even the Staff.

Want to check a word use the Go Advanced tab below your post before you submit it and it will show you how your post will appear when submitted.

Remember too, the owner wants this to be a family friendly site and that many times there are more guests viewing the site at any give time then members. We have no way to determine their ages so the rule is there to protect the youngsters. You represent the members at large and your handle is out there for all to see. Personally I don't want the world to see me as an uncouth heathen in this setting.

I personally hate issuing infractions for censor violations because they are so easy to avoid... But they will be enforced. I hope this helps explain what the Mods are task with doing.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by smithnframe View Post
    What did you say?
    I didn't say anything !

The older I get the more "unfiltered" my language becomes ... I don't know why but I need to watch it , it's not nice to say bad words .

Thanks for reminder,
    Gary
    Last edited by gwpercle; 03-25-2020 at 01:38 PM.
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master
    Sometimes you have to call a spade an implement for manually digging in the ground. I know what my boss called it when I was a young engineer and that would get me banned here.

But the site owner is the boss so we work by his rules. BTW, it may not always seem "fair". But we do not know what happened behind the scenes. A lot of great talent has left or been banned. Don't expect it to change unless there is a change in management.

We should be thankful for the moderators who have to deal with it all.
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    BTW, it may not always seem "fair". But we do not know what happened behind the scenes. A lot of great talent has left or been banned. Don't expect it to change unless there is a change in management.

We should be thankful for the moderators who have to deal with it all.
    Very well stated.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

This is NOT a public venue where the 1st Amendment applies. This is a Web Site on the Interweb that is PRIVATELY HOSTED with its own rules of fairness and decency. Opinions are welcome. Ignoble opinions of spirited language and course attitude are not. No. 1 has set the bar. If Members try to raise it, No. 1 enforces the Site's Rules. People slip up. Attitudes rub together. Malice increase rancor. Even exuberance is cause for "temporary insanity". Stuff happens. Nothing to see here. Back to your lives Citizens.

Boolit Grand Master

You can still voice an opinion, argue a point even disagree with another member. This can all be done with out getting mean nasty or vulgar. Many have never learned the difference between debating arguing and instigating. Debating is acceptable means of working thru a problem or issue.

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    A lot of great talent has left or been banned. Don't expect it to change unless there is a change in management. We should be thankful for the moderators who have to deal with it all.
    Is the glass half full or half empty. A lot of great members have left because they have tired of viewing the clown circus the troublesome members present on an almost daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
    This is NOT a public venue where the 1st Amendment applies. This is a Web Site on the Interweb that is PRIVATELY HOSTED with its own rules of fairness and decency. Opinions are welcome. Ignoble opinions of spirited language and course attitude are not. No. 1 has set the bar. If Members try to raise it, No. 1 enforces the Site's Rules. People slip up. Attitudes rub together. Malice increase rancor. Even exuberance is cause for "temporary insanity". Stuff happens. Nothing to see here. Back to your lives Citizens.
    Correct, follow the rules or take your lumps either way move on.

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    You can still voice an opinion, argue a point even disagree with another member. This can all be done with out getting mean nasty or vulgar. Many have never learned the difference between debating arguing and instigating. Debating is acceptable means of working thru a problem or issue.
    True. We pride ourselves as being educated. We represent the shooting industry. Is there any reason we can’t make our point without using profanity?
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

I'm thankful for this forum. The wealth of information to be gleaned, and the ability to read about my favorite subjects at more than just a superficial depth are invaluable.

Thank you to No1, the mods, and all those who contribute.

Bazoo

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    I'm thankful for this forum. The wealth of information to be gleaned, and the ability to read about my favorite subjects at more than just a superficial depth are invaluable.

Thank you to No1, the mods, and all those who contribute.

Bazoo
    Well said

Boolit Master
    It happens. I had two instances where my judgement was overridden by my questionable sense of humor in the Pit last year. A violation is a violation, ya learn yer lesson or ya move on down the road.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast