RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Prayers needed for my wife Cindy

Boolit Grand Master

Nope, it's not Pine Baron she's yelling at, or you, it's God. He is the one who is sustaining her and healing her. Gently remind her of this.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Bub

Your wife Cindy is in my prayers for continued recovery ... and for you and your continued care for her.

Boolit Buddy
    Prayers for both of you!

Well she was hurting enough today that she is starting to listen.

Also did not hurt when I pointed out her surgeon's post op instructions to sit only in a straight backed chair.

"Why do you think he put that in there"

Silence

"Could it be we are both thinking the same thing"

Which leads inevitably to maybe we know something you don't.

One of today's "wails of dispair" was "I lost a day and a half"

What were you planning on doing with them dear? Peggy and I have the house handled just fine.

You just need to eat, sleep and heal.

I don't care if you do this for a month IF it gets me you back able to walk on your own again.
    If we have to we can manage like this for years. Not ideal perhaps, but better than you living in a nursing home sucking up all our fun money.

That one hit home I think.

She's coming around, she is just been rubbing stubborn off me for 24 years and collecting it.

Boolit Master

He he
    Happy Easter
    Tell her she is in our prayers and we
    are praying for healing and joy
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Well she was up this morning before I was. Crawled into the living room, got to her walker and a door frame and was able to get up.
    Fed the cat, made herself a fruit smoothie for breakfast. Was obviously dealing with some pain but she was working through it.

This is a huge hopeful sign for me guys.

And IMO yet another sign that the prayers are working.

The only question in my mind at this point is how bad is it going to be a month from now?
    She has been doing a lot of research on people who had the same surgery as her. And how much pain they have to deal with on a daily level.
    I think she is coming to grips with the fact that she can not let the pain run her life. She has to learn how to set it aside and still do what needs doing.

For now until she is steadier on her feet I am not allowing her to use stairs, load the kitchen dishwasher. If she presorts clothing into groups I can do the laundry, not that bad a job.

Today was in many respects the best day she's had all week. And there was a fair amount of cussin and swearing going on if she was sitting and wanted to stand. But she was doing it.Mostly doing it on her own.

Thank you Lord, and thank you brothers!

Happy Easter to you and Cindy. He is risen.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Happy Easter back to you Pine Baron. He is risen indeed!

What do you say to a man who is an absolute rock. Just as solid and steady and sure in his faith as a 50 ton granite boulder.
    How do you tell him what a help he has been, just knowing he was there if I needed him?
    How do you measure what you feel in your heart every time you see he is there posting, praying, encouraging.

All I can say is God Bless you and many others here Pine Baron. You will get your just deserts someday at the hands of the Lord.
    You'll have earned that golden crown many times over.

Thank you for the kind words Ghost. I'm humbled and a little embarrassed. I am NOT a rock, I'm a lump of clay, just doing the best I can to follow the path laid before me. I, like all of us, have been in the valley, in the darkness. I've stayed too long at times, but our Lord and Savior has countless times lifted me and gently (sometimes not so gently) and placed me back on the path. I've seen too many wondrous and miraculous things to not believe that there is a purpose and meaning to all this, I just don't know what it is...yet. All glory goes to God.
    It's funny though, everything always seems to circle back to:
    Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, our trespasses, our transgressions, our sins, as we forgive those who debt against us. Lead us not fall into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory forever and ever. Amen.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Amen and AMEN!

BETTER day today, less pain, less screaming and yelling. Momma's still thinking she can do stuff.

Told her flat out, you don't do nothing but feed the cat, eat, sleep, and heal until you can stand and walk on your own. No yelling from pain, no wobbles.

Peggy and I have the house under control. Your job is to get better.

All hail the power of Jesus name she is getting better!
    Praise him with great praise.
    Thank you LORD!

Boolit Master

We continue prayers for you all.

Still praying for you and Cindy, glad to hear there is some improving.
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

Boolit Master

Praying continues
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Moderator Emeritus

The power and grace and good will of the Lord toward his followers is extremely humbling. What would we ever do without Him???

Today was tougher, she almost fell trying to sneak out past me at 5:45 because she did not want to wake me up.

Started a battle royal with tears and angry words on both sides.

Seems to go back and forth, good day which she overdoes a bit, followed by a bad one.

The good news is I now have her promise that she won't go anywhere without waking me or calling me.
    With her left arm hooked in my right and with a big stick in her right that I cord wrapped for grip and got a rubber tip on for traction she gets around pretty good. But I was able to show her that when she tries to do it herself without me she ends up paying for it the next day.

I think deep down inside she was terrified that I would leave her/ignore her.

I know the prayers are working, and I do think that she is healing slowly.

She has never had a lot of tolerance for pain, never learned how to deal with it. Always ran to doc or hospital and get some of those good drugs.

Well she is down to 8 of the good ones and her surgeon flat out told her there will be no refills.
    So she feels she is up against the wall.

The good news is this afternoon as long as she sat still she was pain free with just asprin and her normal codine 3's.
    6 more days before the staples come out.
    We go see her regular doc tomorrow. We'll see how that plays out.

A thousand thousand thanks to all of you.
    I can only hope the Lord is as good to you as he has been to us.

Praise the Lord for he is good.

Still praying hard.

Boolit Master
    Hard fact is she is going to feel as good as her mood is for dealing with it.

Her body will heal and also get use to the pain.

She needs to rest when she can and pray even asked God and Jesus in a loud cry for help. There is a different crying aloud or crying out. Can a parent always hear a child if it cries, if its one of there, yes!!. Just like a cow calling for her calf. Crying will also help her, vent if you will.

Ice brings down swelling. Heat makes the blood flow. So heat and cold. Cold and heat. Generally use ice for 8 minutes or so then nice warm heat. Some days I would cook my bones, have to watch getting burned. When it was bad I could just set the ice one my skin I was so used to the pain. Please use a towel.

Please PM me about the natural mood pills, down south (way south) they are used after someone looses a love one. Forget name. helps the mood.

Also read up on self healing, stress with pain etc.

I thank God that I'm doing okay. It was rough 3 years ago. I'm laying here thinking when was the last time I used ice?? been mouths. I sleep on rolled up towels, keep my back warm, stretch many different ways, hang from the conduct supports at work and even lay upside down on banks (hills) ramps when I can.

Disc damage its just how life goes. I've learn to listen to the bones and muscles.

Praise God and thanks to Jesus.

Theo

2 good days in a row, PRAISE the Lord, praise him with great praise!

Today I did not have to help her get up once, this is a big first.

She tootled around with her walker, we watched some tv, talked, looked at some things on Amazon to spend stimulus money on.
    She is getting used to the pain, and she has figured out that the right combination of asprin, Codine 3's, can give her several hours of no pain "if" she gets into a comfortable position, and sits there.

Getting up causes pain in her back and shooting pains in her legs but I believe that she is healing, and learning how to deal with it.

Many many thanks for all the prayers and support. Neither of us "earned it" and it is a bit humbling.
    The more she is able to be up and about the better her mood and attitude is.

Last 2 days have been peaceful and quiet. Lots of please could you's and thank you's.

St Peggy came over this morning. I sat her down, and put 240$ in her hand. She did not want to take it.
    I explained it was not mine, it was the Lord's. It was my tithe for the stimulus money we got. Both Cindy and I agreed on this.

Eventually I put it straight to her. Peggy, the LORD is asking me to do this for you.
    Are you going to deny him? We both know you need the help.

Then she wanted to thank me, Thank HIM I said, it was his idea.
    Then she wanted to work for 2 hours for nothing. No dice I said, the workman is worthy of his hire. What kind of a cheap miserable SOB do you think I am that I would expect you to work for me for free.

So she has 290$ to pay bills and stock shelves with. Should keep her going till her stimulus check arrives.

Thank you Lord. My cup runneth over.
    I think you good people can quit worrying, we are safely wrapped in the Lords Hands, and doing his will.

Boolit Grand Master
    I love your attitude Bill

Still praying for all three of you!
    Don Verna

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast