RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackbox
Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Prayers needed for my wife Cindy

SHE IS HOME!!!

Couple hours later than expected due to surgeons busy schedule.
    But she is home, walking better, pain is much better.

Surgeon had Cindy move several ways and said it looked like she should be good. But he did remove one piece of bone that was detached and causing all the problems. We'll have a better idea in a day or 2 as she heals and drugs wear off.

Surgeon recommended continuing to use the back brace for another 6 weeks to give things a chance to heal.

The part that took the longest of this whole thing was getting the surgeon free to check the drain he put in, and then take the drain out.
    That took 3 hours. But Cindy had a comfortable bed and lousy TV to watch with no sound.

Me I was able to eat lunch and get a second nap in. When you don't get to sleep to near midnight, and your up at 3am, makes for a long night and wearying day.

But all is done and well with the world.

Thank you all.

Boolit Master

Good news indeed GH; make her follow the Surgeons orders and things should be back to normal (new normal) soon.

Believe it or not Ghost, now comes the hard part. Please tell Cindy to NOT PUSH IT. She is going to feel better and better, but she can totally undo all the good if she pushes it too hard. Listen to the doctors and be patient. Praying for healing and patience. God's will be done.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Yeeee Hawww
    God is Good
    Thank you Father

Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Good report ! Thank you ! Prayers continue .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Baruch HaShem! As said elsewhere, make sure she lets herself heal. Use duct tape if you need to. ��
    Knightflyer - Pesky newbie with a 30-30 & a zillion questions
    "And what I want to say is this, that I'm the King's man; and if this Parliament of Owls is any sort of plot against the King, I'm having nothing to do with it." - C.S. Lewis, The Silver Chair
    Shalom y'all!

Boolit Grand Master

No duct tape just prayers to have God settle her down - and let her know you are praying that so she will accept that when it happens. When we trust God for the big things He wants us to trust us for the little things also. Start practicing awareness of God in your life all the time. As you do this and Cindy sees it she will be effected as well - and you two can grow in God together as you remind each other to rely on God in all things all the time.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master
    Great news!
    Don Verna

Boolit Mold
    I had a Feeling It was going to go well! lots of people are getting those procedures now & are super happy about it (which was not the case when i was a kid)
    Luke 21:15
    “For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.”

Banned

prayers said for her!

GOOD MORNING!

Cindy has zero pain when standing which is new. Only sitting or laying when she is putting pressure on where they did the surgery.

Her walking is hugely improved. Balance is coming back. She is still using the walker for this week just to be safe. I think next week she'll be down to a cane or stick. Biggest problem is she has not used a cane enough to run it well and feel comfortable with it.

Still, THANK YOU Lord. You have returned my love to me in better condition than she left. She has a chance now with proper nutrition and posture to improve her overall condition. She is already to the point that when I say "Posture" she wants to hit me. But for the 24 years I have known her she has only rarely sat ]with decent posture. She has always prefered to recline, and slouch, on the couch, in bed, same thing, same position. And it is what is causing the bad spot at her Lumbar 1 & 2 vertebra.

We'll see what happens long term. For now I can see within a week she will be back doing all her normal stuff.

What a wonderful blessing! and just at this Easter time of renewal.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Father God. We thank you for this report of Cindy doing so much better. We thank you for all you have done in her life. We pray that you will continue to cover her with your grace and give her the continued healing that she needs. You have blessed this family with your grace. We give you all the praise for the work you have preformed. We all pray this in the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Boolit Master

Thank God for the relief He has provided.

Moderator Emeritus

God is SO good to us!!! And thank you for this inspiring and uplifting story in your life. And thank you, Lord, for your wondrous care of Cindy and her malady. You are the great God of Heaven and earth, and our Savior, our Redeemer, and our best friend. Thank you, and amen.

Boolit Master
    Sound like things are going very well. Glad to hear it. God Bless !!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I'm glad to hear the good report . Still praying for fast recovery .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Cindy thanks you from the bottom of her heart.

She is struggling a bit today, walking is a bit harder. Sleeping a lot. I keep telling her take your time, there is no rush, let your body heal.
    St Peggy and I have got it all handled. Nothing for you to worry about.

But my Cindy is an independant girl and hates to have to ask anyone for anything. Even her husband who loves her dearly.

The "fireballs and Rockets" are gone, and seem to be gone for good.

But she still has a compression point at her L1-L2 that wants to pinch the spinal cord a bit. That will take time to correct.
    And of course I have tried to talk to her about posture enough times that when she hears the word she wants to rip my ears off.

She has always been a sloucher, 40 years of that will cause problems. Still she is in good spirits. She really has no idea at all of how to handle the fact that people she does not even know care enough to pray for her. And some days I think she felt those prayers, and knew where they were coming from.

As for me, I am over the hump. What will be will be. It is in his hands, although I will do my best to keep her from falling or getting hurt.
    Long term what will be will be.

Thank you brothers!

Boolit Master

Yeeee Hawww
    Please tell her we continue to pray and the she should
    REST AND HEAL

Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

As mentioned before. Now comes the hard part. The next time she wants to "tear your ears off" just shrug your shoulders and tell her it's not you sayin' it, it's that son of a B, Pine Baron. It might work once or twice, worth a shot brother. We're all pulling for her, but she sure has to do her part.
    Prayers continue for healing and patience. God's will be done.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast