Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Prayers needed for my wife Cindy

I have prayed for Cindy and God's blessing of healing.

Good day today, at one point after a nap cindy came walking out, no back brace, no walker, walking and acting like she used to.
    No pain, no problems. Proof to my mind that prayer works.

Yes, learning to relax and go with the Lords flow is hard for me at times. Working on it.

Cindy and I just read this whole thread. Tears were running down my face and cindy was going "Stop, I can't breath!"

You people rock!

Just heard from a different PA, we will be seen tommorow 9:15 for pre surgery prep, fill us in on the plan, possible they might be able to get us into surgery tommorow or friday.

So things move forward once I quit fighting and accept his will. Laughs, Ok, ok I got the message big guy.
    Last edited by GhostHawk; 03-25-2020 at 06:06 PM.

Boolit Master

YEEEE HAWWWW

God is GOOD
    His love endures forever !

Still praying.

Mike

Boolit Grand Master
    Bill, that is wonderful news.

Keep us posted.
    Don Verna

Well Cindy was admitted to the hospital just before noon today after a good meeting with her surgeon.
    Then about 2 the on staff radiologist came into her room and basically said your not a good fit for this procedure, your bones are too soft.

Since then it has been discussed to death but nothing has been done. Tomorrow I will not be able to go visit her. Tomorrow will also be the last day for any elective surgical procedure.

Cindy is terrified that she is going to be told to go home, wear the brace and hope it improves.

As I understand there is a 4 way tug of war going on, with the Radiologist and the head of the hospital on one side, and her surgeon and the doctor she saw at the spine clinic on the other side.

Because she was maybe going into surgery at any point she went all day with no food and minimal fluids.
    I keep telling her she is on vacation, has no chores to worry about. She is out of the house, has a break from me. Relax and don't worry.
    Its in the big guys hands.

But a part of me wants to declare war on Sanford Health.

This week she has had 3 MRI's, one CT scan, over 25 x-rays, a 5 hour stay in the Emergency room, and a hospital room. And they want to send her home without doing anything.

Be like taking your car to the Garage, get the car back 3 days later with a 3,000$ bill but they did not change anything or fix the problem.

Its frustrating.

So I call her up, get the latest, tell her it will all be ok. Let her vent to me for a while. Then someone walks into the room and she has to go. And I call my neighbor, fill her in and then it is my turn to vent.

It is out of my hands and in yours lord. Thy will be done. Whatever that may be.

I do think the Hospital is freaking out a bit over this whole Corona Virus thing. Last I heard we only had 2 confirmed cases in this county.
    I have a hard time believing it is going to turn into thousands overnight with everyone staying home. Fargo is like a ghost town. Very little traffic, nothing is open.

But I do not see how I can continue to do what I need to do plus all that Cindy used to do plus be there to make sure she does not fall again.
    I'm getting close to the end of my rope and its scary hanging here in the wind.

Love you guys, thanks for all the prayers. Wed Cindy had a very good day, very little pain, better walking, no issues. Proof enough for me of the power of prayer.

Prayers continue for Cindy and you.
    Stop looking ahead brother. One day, one hour at a time. God is good always, let Him work his will.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Prayers sent, I know they work. Bless you both.

Boolit Grand Master

After learning to surrender the the next lesson is learning to trust - really trust, where the rubber meets the road, where you guys are. It is easy to trust God when His will and mine coincide - it's a lot harder when He knows better than I and I don't or won't recognize it.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Father God. I lift up our brother Bill to you today. Be with him and give him the comfort that he needs during this time while his wife Cindy is in the hospital. Give him strength and peace. Be with Cindy and guild the doctors. I pray that you would lay your hands upon her and give her strength and healing. I pray this in the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Moderator Emeritus

Ghost, it sounds like it's time for a 2nd opinion at a different facility! Still praying for you both.

Boolit Master
    Evening Bill

Hope thing are better for you and Cindy. There something going on in Cindy bones, there no reason for the back (vertebrates) to fracture from coughing. For them to crack should take a very heavy amount of weight or an accident.

Hope it all works out for you both.

Teddy

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I'm still praying for Cindy and you . Many are praying .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Well she's home.

Essentially they gave her a steroid shot in her L1-L2.

Apparently her bones are very soft and fragile, which is why they did not do the cement thing they originally planned.

We will be working on that and other things. I am in the process of customizing her back brace so the chest pad does not hit her in the face every time she sits down.

Apparently this is the road we are supposed to walk.

Our neighbor 2 down from us came over yesterday and washed all the dishes and helped me pick up.
    Then tonight she was here when our grocery's that we ordered through Instacart were delivered 1.5 hours late.

Nothing good to say about them.
    The guy supposedly doing our shopping sent us a whole slew of the exact same text message. But apparently was unable to read "If you don't have something, don't substitute, refund"

The good news is the gal that actually did the shopping and delivery had a brain.

Two days of missing my wife something terrible and the minute she is back in the house we are yelling at each other.
    I don't know what's wrong or how to fix it. And it seems like everything she does is not thought out at all. Like she has lost the ability to think something through, and see the consequences of it. But we will find a way, somehow.

Thank you brothers!

Update.

This morning cindy woke up pain free, able to walk, move, get out of bed, etc.

Spent most of the morning cleaning, reorganizing the bedroom for improved access, fewer things to trip over or get hung up on with a walker.

Seeing her better made it possible for me to finally let go of my fears and truly TRUST in the lord.

And we had a wonderful day. No sniping, no arguing, no raised voices. Back to being a team, working together. And when we put our minds to it and work together amazing things happen.

Thanks for all the prayers, the encouragement, and for letting me vent. You guys are AWESOME!

What will be, will be. Not my will Lord but thine be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Praise him with great praise. Truly my cup runneth over.

Thank you all for this support in a trying time.

Love you guys!

Boolit Master

Praying brother!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Grand Master

Continuing to pray that God strengthen Cindy's bones and provide the 'peace that passes understanding'.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Another good morning here, it appears we are where he wants us to be.

Boolit Grand Master
    Still praying for your wife (and you, too, pal).

Great news! The power of prayer.

Boolit Master
    continued prayers for you and your wife

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast