Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: It's a Perfect Time to Reload! What Are You Working on?

Boolit Master
    I have a lot of bullets cast and everything load. Now can't shoot because the range is shut down until further notice due to the bug.
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US

Boolit Master
    I PCed a bunch of Lee 358-125-RF and sized them down to .356" for use in a 357 Sig. I have a whole pile of 356-120-TC to PC now.

I also plan on working up some loads for and reloading a ton of 7.62x39 just as soon as my order of powder gets here.

Boolit Master

Add to previous list

Load another flat of 20 ga skeet loads. I know that's not a lot, but when you already have 10+ flats ready, sort of pointless

Boolit Grand Master

I've been organizing my brass stash and I'm about 90% through. I just about have my 45's and 44's ready to load and have enough bullets cast to cover them. I'm about to start loading for a 41 Magnum. I have 500 new Starline cases primed and ready to go and a new mold waiting to be used.

I need to load 30-30, 38-55, 44-40 with cast and .300 BO with j-words. Not quarantined yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I have been pulling .45 ACP 200gr SWC for a friend, he had a few cases rupture so decided to stop shooting the whole lot which is around 1000 rounds, this should keep me busy for a few days.

Boolit Man

I found out approx a month ago that 650~ rounds of 45acp that I loaded a while back were not taper crimped properly and were causing failures to feed-
    So I corrected that over the weekend.
    Yesterday I started prepping about 1000 40S&W cases I've had cleaned and waiting for 6 years lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Still working online, but playing retro - Husky 9.3x57 loads.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    getting ready to cast up some Lee 457-500F for my 1884 trapdoor using pyrodex RS. Brass is ready to go cleaned,primed,belled now just get out to shop and cast.

Boolit Buddy
    Between casting and loading, my shelves are about to break down and my empty case containers are about empty.

Boolit Grand Master
    Casting & prepping. Want to get ahead before the dreaded mowing season starts.

Boolit Master
    I just got done loading up a bunch of 30-30s. Last year I developed, mostly by accident, a super accurate load consisting of 25 grains of surplus CMR100, Winchester LR primers, and the Lee 150 grain FP. I shot them all up in my Savage 340, giggiling to myself as I did, and didn't try them in my Marlin 336 or Winchester 1894 so that would be a plan for this year. Because I can't leave well enough alone, I loaded some with 24 grains, some with Winchester magnum primers and also loaded up a bunch with the Lee "soup can" and the same charges of CMR100. It's still winter here so it may be quite a while before I test them.
    Maineboy

Boolit Master
    Think I'll clean up my Pro Melt 2. Now that it's "Rare" I should keep it pristine. LOL I cross pinned a six cavity and want to see how it casts.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Banner Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Still working online, but playing retro - Husky 9.3x57 loads.
    Hi Wayne, both Doc44 and I have 9.3x57 Huskys. I have a couple of really good loads if you want them. CFE223 and the 270 Speer was crazy accurate, but only around 2200fpsish. 4895 seemed to burn the best and gave 2550ish with a resized Speer .375" 235, which gave near 1" groups. Took a Deer with the 235, penetrated stem to stern and kept going.

Working on brass for 308 test loads to be loaded as time permits. Have about 100 annealed, sized, and trimmed so ready for powder.

Have some PC I can do as the weather has warmed up a bit outside making the garage more comfortable.

Have a brass MP mold that I have only cast 80 of one HP pin from. Three more pins to go and I would like 160 of each.

If I get incredibly bored I have a 5 gallon bucket of 223/5.56 to sort by head stamp. Then I could swage primer pockets, size, trim and put up for later. Saving that for if the internet breaks or all the streaming services die.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    cast some yesterday ,sized and lubed today ,cast some more tommorow. then load some up.

Boolit Master

Got the .38 specials done today. Tomorrow I'm going for the .45 acps. Then I'm heading for the .300 BLKs. When I finish with those, I've got a 5 gal. bucket full of 12 gauges waiting to be reloaded. After that, the 20 gauges are waiting. When those get done, I 've got a bunch of 16 gauges that are calling out. By that time, I'll need to start making shot again. Then.....

I had all my cast bullet shooting firearms stocked-up and ready for action before curfew, so I was zeroing my AK's red-dot.

...I might load up some 38spl, since I do have a few thousand cases to fill; but I'll have to see what kind of powder is available, before I make my decision.

25/20 and 218 Bee cases are on the unobtainable list down here. I spent yesterday necking down near 200 32/20 cases.

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Master

I took both a blue and a stainless Walther PPK completely apart (each by itself), sparingly polished mating surfaces, put them back together and took out some of the roughness and a little bit of the resistance in the trigger pull.

I had first done the same with my stainless Ruger SP101, completely apart, moderately polished, which helped lower its trigger pull and smooth the action.

I am considering powder coating (for the first time), 2500, Lee, 50 grain, 22 Bator boolits. Taking those to 223 caliber velocities would be a fun ride. Making them was hours and hours (and days and days) of fun dropping from that 2-cav. aluminum mold.

I need to reload 223 caliber, 55 grain, jacketed rounds for my AR15, but I don't have a single "accurate" load as the rifle is "inherently" accurate at my starting load when I put it down for larger caliber practice.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast