Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLoad DataWidenersRepackbox
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: It's a Perfect Time to Reload! What Are You Working on?

Boolit Master

It's a Perfect Time to Reload! What Are You Working on?

With all the social distancing, it's a good excuse to fire up the lead pot or crank on the press handle. What projects are you all working on?
    I picked up a Stribog SP1 9MM sub gun accouple weeks ago. I've been working on some 147 gr Lyman subsonic loads. Powder coat as I am using a suppressor and don't like using bare lead.

Also meticulously picking through a mountain of range pickup 9mm brass. Sorting out all the beat up and oddball brand headstamps. Getting ready to retire my current use 2,500 cases.

Browsing Gunbroker. Anyone have a matching P08 Luger or Jap Nambu for sale?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aaaacccdd.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Swaying 9x19 to .40 190 gr.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Banner Sponsor

That Stribog 9mm looks Awesome.
    I ordered a 7.62x39 AR Pistol last week, it should be in tomorrow.
    I've got a bunch of brass for it already, but I'm not sure that I have an appropriate mold for it.

Other than that I'm still trying to get the Ruger Only 320 to fly straight in the 450 Bushmaster.

Boolit Master
    A little powder coating, seemed to be too easy. Learned quickly they only need one coat and dont need to be "photo quality" to shoot well and not lead a barrel. Loaded 700ish 45 acp, now getting my new to me 550 dialed in for 9mm. I had the lead-lubed 9mm figured out in my XDm pistols. With the dillon, I had a custom powder funnel (expander) made, so I think I can get this handled. Where I get furstrated is that within 100 rounds of powder coated boolits through an XDm 9mm, I get a few failure to fully chamber rounds. I think this is from a build-up of powder plus the powder coating itself. I can see the paint on the shelf that the case headspaces on. Might just have to clean every 50 rounds. I will keep playing and try to get things equal to jacketed, which I haven't loaded for a decade now. Am I am still working, I might have to slow down, once the courthouses close, my job will slow to a crawl. I still need to get to rifle boolits (22 & 30 cal). I want to shoot some prairie dogs (when the conditions and terrain allows) with my cast boolits (thinking 222 Rem), so I need to break-out a 22 caliber mold. Plenty to occupy my attension.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Buddy
    Loaded a box of 30-06 with 180g lead, some 40 S&W, 44 mag, cast some 44s, 30s cleaned and prepped a bunch of brass.
    CF
    Vote Independent, vote Republican, vote Democratic, just don’t vote Incumbent!
    I believe in the Bible, Freedom, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and personal responsibility. My government believes I am narrow minded, intolerant and dangerous.

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66F0CE2B-3012-4780-B05F-ABB3C7E658F6.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	259027Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66F0CE2B-3012-4780-B05F-ABB3C7E658F6.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	259027Turning my stash into boolits. .452, 130 gr Barnstormers for Cowboy.

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D970CEF4-ADA0-4388-91AF-2A2E7C5BB0FC.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	259028The boolits.

Boolit Buddy

Bringing all my calibers up to an acceptable number of loaded rounds, I've got plenty of components and I'm about 3/4s done.
    Jeff

Boolit Buddy
    Cast some 45acp HPs and 30cal for my marlin. I was scrolling through CB yesterday and thought hell instead of reading about it I just go cast a few. So I did!

Boolit Master

Yesterday I cast and powder coated 350 260 gr. lrnfp bullets for the .45 Colt. This morning, I sized them and this afternoon I loaded 150 rounds with 3 different powders using differing charge weights so I can finally ladder test for the rifle. Later I'll do the same loads for the revolver. I hope I can get lucky and find a powder/charge that works well in both. At least I can still go to the outdoor range at my club. I need some outdoor time before I go stir crazy.

Had couple good casting sessions, and been working on powder coating them, reloaded some 9mm, just trying to stay busy!
    Aim Small Miss Small

Boolit Buddy
    Reorganizing my reloading cave, benches, and storage. Then I plan to get my 9mm back in stock, then some PC 158 grain SWC.

Just before the "vacation" hit I melted several hundred pounds of range lead into ingots ready to make into beautiful bullets. Now if I can just get to my bench.
    Last edited by Huskerguy; 03-23-2020 at 10:12 PM.

Been a bit of a stretch , cast about 500 45/230gr with a new Lee 6 holer ...
    Took a bit of time but worked out all the nuances with that mold and wow ! ... totaled up fast.
    Turned around and put them thru my San Diego star luber .... fun and nice !
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Boolit Master

Got bored with 9s & 45s so set up the blue presses for 277WLV, 300BLK & 9x39...
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Master

You ain't just whistling Dixie. I'm going out of my head with boredom. In the past week, here's what I've accomplished in the reloading room:

Weight sorted, lubed and sized @ 400 .22 cast boolits
    Ditto about 200 .30 cal.
    These are for this summer's Highpower League, which in all likelihood will be cancelled

Loaded @ 500 .38 wadcutters
    Loaded @ 350 .45 ACPs
    Loaded @350 .44 Specials
    Loaded 1 box .44 Mags (I baby my pre 29. I only run about 1 box of fairly moderate Magnums through the gun a year.)
    Lube sized enough various boolits to replace all of what I used to load the above

Loaded 300 12 ga skeet loads.

Cleaned every handgun I own (that's quite a few.) They were already clean, but I'm bored. Rifles and shotguns on deck.

Started the grip refinish I posted about separately

Probably did more and just forgot. This sucks. I never thought I'd say I miss work!!

Been working my way through 3000 pcs of .45acp range brass. Got a big plastic coffee can cleaned, sized,primed, and belled. Already loaded a 100 last night. 5grains bullseye individually weighted between 3 scales didnt take long on a single stage. Running out of 230 hardball. Got my new mold in and cast idk how many 200 grn #68 h&g clone got them all powdercoated and am awaiting a .452 sizer and punch for my lee app to have more .45 to do. Will have to try different bullseye charges to see what works best. Also casted up about 30 or so 225 grn wfn .459 powdercoated, sized, and gc for the 45-70. I have about 20 different styles of bullets to try out in that yet

Boolit Bub
    Finished up a 6.5 grendel build. And put it through it's paces. Found a load of likes. Next is a bunch of Lee 200gr 45a to get coated. Funny how far behind you can get while renovating a house.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by lar45 View Post
    That Stribog 9mm looks Awesome.
    I ordered a 7.62x39 AR Pistol last week, it should be in tomorrow.
    I've got a bunch of brass for it already, but I'm not sure that I have an appropriate mold for it.

Other than that I'm still trying to get the Ruger Only 320 to fly straight in the 450 Bushmaster.
    Looks like fun! You are gonna slap a "brace" on that girl right? The Stribog is my 3rd non-NFA SBR. Love them. Have a 5.56 and 300 blk. The SB braces are really nice, but if you don't want to spend much, KAK industries sells a kit including the buffer tube for around $60. I have one on my 10.5" 5.56. These braces really have taken AR pistols and the like out of the range toy category and into practical use. Once you shoot a 10" barreled sub gun it's hard to go back to a 16".

Lee 356-102-R1 have a bunch to size and tumble lube.
    Lee 452-200 RNFP have two different loadings waiting to test fire if the range ever reopens.
    Lyman 452-374 225gr RN also have two of these to test fire.
    Lyman 358-495 148gr WC just received this mold and need to cast some.

Also started building a new bench for bullet casting. So far I think I have found the correct height.

Brand new,mid 70's Lyman 225415,the small version,black/white storage box.

Breaking it in today or tomorrow. I have other,VERY accurate 22 moulds but this one has always been on my radar. Loading for a "Sendero" (assemblage of parts) R700,14T 22-250. It has done very well with the Lee 225-55RF but,wanted to go even lighter.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast