Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersReloading Everything
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: How are you passing your time during social distancing

Boolit Master
    The electrician came out to fix some lights and check some circuits. I had him rewire the motor on my toolmaker-grinder from 220 to 115 volts. Once I could turn it on, I decided to clean it up a little and get it unstuck and running.

It was covered with a mixture of fossilized oil and Southwestern desert dust, and rusty in spots. I got most of the goo off it and most of the rust in the important bearing areas. I also had to figure out replacements for some of the long-gone original spring-loaded crossfeed, which had been replaced, more or less, (mostly less) with shop-made stuff. Still looks pretty scuzzy, but it runs and only needs a few bits and pieces (shims and Gits oilers, mostly) to get going for real. I'll do a small-scale trial grind on it tomorrow to see how it works.

Attachment 260998

I am almost to the bottom of my jar of Goop waterless hand cleaner after this job. I found that I don't touch my face as often as The Authorities say people do; if I did, I'd look like a chimney sweep when I washed up.

A lot of work, but beats "counting flowers on the wall."

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Friend of my dad's went fishing last week on a little lake in Eastern Washington. Only soul for miles. Game warden caught him and gave him a ticket and seized his fishing license.

Governor of Washington deemed fishing to be dangerous but boating not. So, you can go out on a lake in a boat and sit there and drink beer, but if you try to catch a fish, you are a danger to society and will be ticketed.

The country has lost it's mind.
    I hope he fights it. Don't want this thread to end up in the pit but I think much of what has been done as a response is not well thought out or considered and clearly falls into the category of act in haste and repent at leisure. I would think it worth giving a judge a chance to dismiss this as a miscarriage of justice would be socially responsible course of action. Not to mention getting his license back.

It isn't as if they went and "read the friendly manual" on what to do. They have a few people sitting around coming up with ideas. They forget to include things they should and include things they shouldn't. In short acting too fast without using a plan developed in advance is prone to failures.

Pretty sure I would rapid pack a bug-out bag better than many, but not nearly as well as someone with it already packed ahead of time or with a checklist of what they need.

Take fishing. In some areas the folks line up along a bridge or pile into a boat and are probably closer to each other than prudent. So rather than a well thought out rule about maintaining distance or being members of same household you get some aid saying fishing is prohibited because they envision the one scenario. I don't envy the people making these decisions. It is a good bet some people will die even if they abide by all the rules. Nothing like having your "mistake" that leads to dead people plastered in the media to make most folks cautious.

Me I'm still avoiding people, and going out no more than required. Not that much to it. I have projects at home to keep me busy. It is spring so garden and yard work to do. Which it seems takes longer every year. Sigh.

Put in the early peas and got the weeding done around the rose bush before the new growth makes that too prickly a task to do. Seeds are started so those need checking and tending. Trimming and weed whipping. Sigh I really need a penthouse with a gardener and indoor range.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Monday 27 Apr 2020
    Amarillo, Texas

Walleyes and Crappies, catch and EAT

NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

Mostly texting solutions to the worlds troubles with you and lots of reloading and varmint Hunting.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789