RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How are you passing your time during social distancing

Moderator Emeritus

Good one

Air rifle shooting at home. Testing different pellets.

Nothing different here. Just another day except for excellent deals at the eating joints in town

Boolit Grand Master
    Wife wanted an area in the pasture, next to a coupe of sheds, cleaned up. Been wanting it done for a few years at least!! Stuff been accumulating there for 25+ years. Kind of a catch all place. Didn't think there was that much stuff in the grass overgrown area!!! T-post, landscape timbers and other wood that was unusable. Spent the last two days clearing it out. Did I tell you there was a lot of stuff (junk!!). Found a couple of Rams, a Turkey and two chickens from my IHMSA shooting days, that I had, but most all other metal went to the recyclers (1720 pounds worth!!) and the half rotted wood and and other stuff went to the dump (1600 lbs worth).

Man, some of that stuff was a lot heavier than it was 20 years ago. I even had to use the tractor bucket to load that old Dodge rear end, heck, I carried it down there by my self decades ago.

Think I earned a range trip today. After lunch and some Tylenol!!

Boolit Grand Master

The Wife and I went for a ride yesterday. We took a 22 and headed for my Son's Duck Club to maybe shoot snakes. It was still a little to cool and was windy so we just rode around the country side. We picked up lunch at a BBQ joint and parked on a turn row to eat. We also picked up some brass at a few different shooting spots.

We go for a ride a couple of times a week. I finished cleaning up in the shop one day last week. I try to do something productive at least every day. Pretty soon I will start working on my Dove hole.

Boolit Master
    I'm running out of brass to process,deprime,trim,size and prime.waiting on an expander die so I can start getting my 6.5 grendel ammo started.

Boolit Master
    RogerDat - lol

My job is "essential" chemist in a industrial factory. So work as usual. Although the drive is better, whole lot less traffic !!

I'm a recluse anyway, I'm that pecker-wood that lives out side of town with too many guns.

Still; loading for the family (prepping for the downfall of society). lol
    Got a new MiHec 357 Keith SWC mould, knocking the new off that sucker big time !
    Wondering if 10,000 primers is really enough.
    The dreaded sorting of brass.
    Cleaning said brass.
    Loading said brass.
    Learning to powder coat and running a destruction test of new Lee APP - little sucker is really hanging in there !
    Bonding with my dog - 100 lb American Bulldog - 2 yrs old - still a big baby.
    I'm good, family is good, friends are good.
    Awaiting to see what turns out to be the new normal.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Computer was complaining about getting ready to just die of exhaustion with pop ups coming every two minutes warning me to start backup, then tell me it was finished and done. Wasn't added to the list of backups in my flash drive. It is an older than dirt Windows 7 and not supported. It will still get some use for the wife to play games on. New one purchased. Stopped by Church's Chicken for 10 for 10 Special. Five chicken legs and five thighs spicy for $10.00. That is nearly three meals for me and my gal of 66 years.

Everyday I have been putting several hours work into gun projects. I have many to work on some are just stock refinishing some are rebarreling and finish I have a few that need everything so I never run out of work.
    Today I mowed grass for the first time this year, once it starts its about 8 hrs a week to do 5 + acres with over 300 trees on it so trimming takes a lot of time.
    I really never get bored with nothing to do. I retired 24 1/2 years ago and never had that problem.

Jedman

I was out in the garage putting about and had my phone so I found a You-Tube of some ice cream truck music an blue toothed it through the radio in my van and wathched the kid acrossed the street try to find out were it was coming from.

Hay you got to have some fun.
    We go through life trying to make the best decisions we can based on the best infomation we can find, that turns out to be wrong.

Processing lots of brass , casted thousands of bullets for 9mm , 45acp , 45colt, and 45-70 . Now i have started the new journey of Paper Patching for my 8x57 mauser . Lucky that i have my own shooting range right out of my front door �� ! Just got the word that after this 2week social vacation that we are starting work back up monday .

Got an invite to my neighbors range. Tested some loads. 357 mag with 2400 and different bullets seated different depth. 32 acp with a couple of loads that I know will cycle just to see which was more accurate. And the icing on the cake was giving some love to the zouave muzzle loader. Tried the Lee flying trash can Minnie and found it made big holes in the target same as the regular Minnie only cleaner edges. Tried a lower load of 60 grains and it was ok at the modest range we were at will have to wait to see how it does at 50 to 75 yards when the "weather" clears.

We kept that 6 feet between us they recommend so we don't accidentally bring some disease home to the wives. Never had personal experience with it but from what I hear that never works out well Didn't seem to interfere with our socializing much. Although we did blame all misses on either the stress of quarantine or nerves brought on by concern over government overreach. Just kidding we blamed mosquitoes of which there were only a couple but that was enough to create the occasional "flyer".
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    Social Distancing Report

• Half of us are going to come out of this quarantine as amazing cooks. The other half will come out with a drinking problem.
    • I used to spin that toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune. Now I turn it like I'm cracking a safe.
    • I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.
    • Still haven't decided where to go for Easter ----- The Living Room or The Bedroom
    • PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
    • Homeschooling is going well. 2 students suspended for fighting and 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job.
    • I don't think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we'd go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone
    • This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog..... we laughed a lot.
    • Quarantine Day 5: Went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.
    • My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.
    • Day 5 of Homeschooling: One of these little monsters called in a bomb threat.
    • I'm so excited --- it's time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?
    • I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to Puerto Backyarda. I'm getting tired of Los Livingroom.
    • Classified Ad: Single man with toilet paper seeks woman with hand sanitizer for good clean fun.
    • Day 6 of Homeschooling: My child just said "I hope I don't have the same teacher next year".... I'm offended.
    • Yesterday I got in touch with my inner self. That is the last time I buy 1 ply toilet paper at the dollar store.

• Still going with better 6 feet apart than 6 feet under. Wife is thinking more like 50 feet apart, as in let's not waste the fact you ran electricity to the garden shed.
    The tiolet paper one! Now that there's funny!

I have a new mission. Hot melt glue bullets! Member Stubach tried them and that is how the madness spreads. Old carpet for a back drop box to clip the target on and have a range in the garage. Look them up on the forum here. Powered by just a primer so not loud enough to bother the neighbors or wife.

No range time my eye! I even think I know where wife left my glue gun when she was done using it. If it isn't there that search can occupy and "entertain" me for awhile. Never know what I might find. Do know for sure the glue gun will either be in the last place I look. Even if it is the first place I look.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Hormel made the first batch of Spam in 1893 and due to hording they are now having to make another batch.

My wife liked that one because she sure doesn't like Spam. I have to go camping alone to cook any and not get down wind of it while cooking if I want back in the house at the end of the trip.

Boolit Master

Went fishing near Amarillo, Tx

7 walleye and one crappie

Catch and release

Mike
    Last edited by skeettx; 04-28-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Boolit Master
    Playing with hot glue boolits (Glueboolits).

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by skeettx View Post
    Went fishing near Amarillo, Tx

7 walleye and one crappie

Catch and release

Mike
    Friend of my dad's went fishing last week on a little lake in Eastern Washington. Only soul for miles. Game warden caught him and gave him a ticket and seized his fishing license.

Governor of Washington deemed fishing to be dangerous but boating not. So, you can go out on a lake in a boat and sit there and drink beer, but if you try to catch a fish, you are a danger to society and will be ticketed.

The country has lost it's mind.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Banned

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Friend of my dad's went fishing last week on a little lake in Eastern Washington. Only soul for miles. Game warden caught him and gave him a ticket and seized his fishing license.

Governor of Washington deemed fishing to be dangerous but boating not. So, you can go out on a lake in a boat and sit there and drink beer, but if you try to catch a fish, you are a danger to society and will be ticketed.

The country has lost it's mind.
    No, we have lost our liberty.

Didn’t take long, either.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast