Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How are you passing your time during social distancing

Boolit Buddy
    I have been social distancing from the wife by staying in my workshop doing a bunch of 10 minute jobs that I have allowed to pile up. Every time I get near the wife, she gets delirious and starts babbling about painting the inside of the house. I'm allergic to paint brushes and rollers.
    Don't like stir sticks either.
    Have loaded mass quantities of .45 ACP. Doing a lot of bore cleaning. Working on 7mm and 8mm Mauser loads with cast boolits.
    Social Distancing is my lifestyle and I was hip before it was cool.

I'm going to take it easy today and will probably go out in my woods and sit on my favorite stump for a while just watching nature awaken from it's winter sleep. Seems like a great day to break the last Montecristo out of my humidor. Looked at the other inhabitants in the humi, but the Monte is really calling to me.

Everyone stay safe and well.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

Boolit Master
    I am staying at home full time, waiting for the next of a long line of honey-do's to appear. SHE has calculated that my time belongs to HER. My time, efforts and patience are taking a beating, but at my own pace which is very casual during these activities. When I get some time for myself I am cleaning and arranging the shop with a focus of making it more organized and user friendly. This is a job that never ends but it is fun to find things long ago lost, then to place them where I can't find them until the next lock-down. Actually I am doing rather nicely at this project and am in hurry to return to work anytime soon.

Boolit Buddy

We are rural making distancing easier. The weekend before Valentine's Day our entire area was flooded. 7 of our 10 buildings were flooded. The only ones not affected were our home, garage, and my wife's art studio. My shop which includes my reloading rooms (2) had mud about a foot high. Guess what I have been doing.

Boolit Buddy
    I've always been a bit of a recluse and being retired now its only gotten better. The wife and I went out for a few groceries last week, the HEB only allowed people to enter as other patrons left. While in line a lady in her mid 60"s made a fool of her self ranting about seeing a person leave with 2 large packages of toilet paper. The manager was outside talking to folks trying to explain the reason for the line when she verbally jumped the manager. He explained that she was wrong, the store has been out of toilet paper for 2 days and what she saw was paper towels in the cart. He said that there were plenty of paper towels. The woman pushed her cart to the side and left. Musta needed TP asap!!
    I just had to laugh.

We live in a subdivision that is made up of two to ten acre plots. We moved here along with my mule Sara twenty years ago. The mule was 39 years old when we lost her. Long story about Sara. We have the 2.1 acre type. Big garden with 25 rows 25 feet long. Only planted eight rows this year . Two twelve foot 8 inch pipes with 3.5 gal. buckets on 2"x8" upright boards each side of the pipe. Float valves to supply constant level of water. Water wicks into the buckets. Sub irrigated. Plants outdo the garden plants. So I spend time with the garden, shoot my hunting bow, work on my cars, ie changing oil to working on oxygen sensors (soaking with trans fluid/Acetone a day or two) then come out easily. Mowing lawn with Toro zero turn. Killing bunches of fire ants with permethrinSFR 36.8%. Made a list of things that need to done numbering 43. Drawing lines through the one that are finished. They number 25 today. Now I have to add to the list pouring 22 cal. wheel weight boolits for loading 222 Remington rounds for a Remington Mohawk 600 and going to Church online and visiting UTube for music, playing piano, mandolin, harmonicas. etc . Probably have to make another list in a couple of months. We are self quarantined for the duration and no cabin fever as yet. Haven't got out the oil paints yet or started making knives or tomahawks at the forge. May God Bless us all and keep us from having the virus.

Attachment 259381

Prepping some brass recently acquired.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

I was working for local office of the census. Got furloughed until all clear with pay a week and a half ago. So catching up on my regular laser work, (actually have had a really busy March).
    If it will stop raining every couple of days, I'm wanting to get my range upgraded a bit. I've got a dozen old power poles that the guys dropped me when they were replacing them for the fiber internet upgrade a year ago. I'm taking 4 of them and laying out borders for gravel area in front of the backstop. Tired of losing brass in the grass. So a day or so of work cutting and placing them and then putting down a layer of fiber weed matting. Got a local guy that sells washed gravel at decent price. Loading a bit of 9mm and probably 357 this week.

Boolit Master
    Cast and coated a bunch of 9mm bullets for new pistol. Slicking up the new 9mm pistol since I'm having trouble racking the slide on my 1911. Ran up on a 410 double that needed some attention. It's a Stevens 311 and has turned out very nice for a utility/hunter shotgun. Doing a small job each day for old customers. Checking on friends to see how they're doing. Reading the "Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson".

Banned

I like DIY so it's been several things. I have loaded 40 rounds for my semi-new 6.5 Creedmoor and processed many, many pieces of brass. I have also been getting some work done on the house and vehicles. Next I'm going to get some boring case sorting done in all my calibers.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Digging worms and fishing in the back yard.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    I was working for local office of the census. Got furloughed until all clear with pay a week and a half ago. So catching up on my regular laser work, (actually have had a really busy March).
    If it will stop raining every couple of days, I'm wanting to get my range upgraded a bit. I've got a dozen old power poles that the guys dropped me when they were replacing them for the fiber internet upgrade a year ago. I'm taking 4 of them and laying out borders for gravel area in front of the backstop. Tired of losing brass in the grass. So a day or so of work cutting and placing them and then putting down a layer of fiber weed matting. Got a local guy that sells washed gravel at decent price. Loading a bit of 9mm and probably 357 this week.
    I found that using old carpet underlay works better (and lasts longer) than conventional weed matting.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Building a chicken coop and pen.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!
    No reported cases of COVID-19 in our county.........yet. We're not naive enough to think we'll be completely spared, but still make the occasional trip to the store, etc.

First couple of weeks wasn't too bad.........lots of small jobs around the house. In the second week, the wife was told to stay home from work and report via Skype so she has "meetings" almost every morning. I'm retired but staying indoors is getting old fast and the dull, grey winter skies don't help much.

My problem: I've loaded just about every usable piece of brass on the place, but can't get to the range to shoot it!

Cast Hunter

Casting and loading for my 10mm Springfield. Casting, paper patching and loading for my .375 H&H mag. Next will be my .458 SOCOM and Finnish M28/30.
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Stacking 6 cords of wood, loading 2000 357's with H&G #51 gc, prepping 223 and 308 brass, spring clean up yard work.
    I could get used to this!
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Mrs. Thumbcocker and I are "essential employees" so we come to work every day. Been catching up on mandatory continuing education.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

I'm considered essential so have been working as usual. This past weekend with nothing on TV I tried to watch some DVD movies but they make me crazy. I do better reading a nice long book while listening to the classical radio station. That's my plan for next weekend too.

My wife has deemed me essential enough to help her paint the kitchen....
    The insulated state in which nature has placed the American continent should so far avail it that no spark of war kindled in the other quarters of the globe should be wafted across the wide oceans which separate us from them." -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by pressonregardless View Post
    My wife has deemed me essential enough to help her paint the kitchen....
    Same here.
    Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    Digging worms and fishing in the back yard.
    I got excited yesterday I caught five perch in 25 minutes when the sun peaked out of the clouds. Then the bite quit. That’s as many fish I have caught with my pole in the water sitting out in the backyard 24/seven for the last week and a half watching for bites window fishing. The water is just too cold yet and it’s coming up. I’ve had three poles on the water since 8 am and not one fish again... Life could be worse. As soon as it warms up you get sick of pulling fish out.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast