Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How are you passing your time during social distancing

I'm in my early seventies and still work(my choice)in a grocery store. Worked a lot of hours last week with the wuhaun scare. Hamburger is being rationed at 2 pounds per person as well as other meat. The supply is starting to come back and seems people are not as nutty as before. Today we had senior citizens hour from 7am to 8am. 157 seniors waiting at the door at 7 am. We have a lot of people wearing masks and gloves. Most people are sick and tired of the bs and want to get on with life. This flu epidemic isn't any different than any other and the reason there is this scare is to make the President look bad. Watch the demoncraps will probably try to impeach him again over this. This is my opinion and I hope in November will destroy them in the election. Send piglosi and chucky boy back to their swamp dwelling.

Boolit Master
    Book work [self employed] and my taxes . Go over to the shop and but supplies away.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by pertnear View Post
    Personally, I'm protesting the Coronavirus by NOT shaving while I'm in "Time-Out" staying at home.
    So that is why I haven't shaved all week, I knew there was a reason. I thought I was being lazy but I am actually conserving my razor out of protest!
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

We are in Conroe Texas. 85 years old. Hunkered down. Wife had Xrays and sonogram of abdomen. Problem in transverse colon. Put on clear liquid diet for two weeks. Three days into hunkering. Called HEB Grocery about Curbside and Home Delivery. booked up for two months. Called local smaller, older HEB and asked what was available and the girl gave me a manager to talk to. Was told to give him the list that I had waiting in the online cart and could I drive in. Yes, be there in 15 minutes and was told to drive up to the Pharmacy side and call again. We did. Found they were allowing customers to enter 15 at a time at the other entrance and exit where we were. The man came out pushing a cart. We loaded the stuff in the trunk. There were double of several things, with a few things missing totaling $76.00 I handed him my credit card and he waved it off saying No way man this is my gift to you folks and went to the passenger side, shook my hand and my wife's hand and wished her the best as she faced the diet and the problem she was having in God's name and left. We left with my instructions to the little woman to not touch anything until we got the hands sprayed. We have enough in our little nest egg to last a few more years before we have to start selling assets. I was completely overcome with that generosity and vowed to pay it forward with more than was given. Finally decided to give it to my Church for benevolent purpose. We do help the needy with food at Church. Used a Kleenex to open the door and gave the Church Sec. the money. I carry one of three prepared spray bottles of home made Sanitizer in the car. It is made of two parts 50% Alcohol, one part water, one part Hydrogen Peroxide. White lightning can replace the Alcohol..if you have it. Jim Beam or Tequila,,, yeah you got it. We pulled up just a little way from the store with no one behind, and used the Sanitizer. My concern is for the ones who work hard , barely getting by week to week that are not working now with no way to get food, meds, etc. I think we all need to pay some forward, where needed.
    Down here, we are experiencing 70 degree nights and 80s daytime. Transplanted most everything into the garden with cloudy days three days afterward. Plants are really coming on. Been eating the Brassicas since January. Yeah, but it does get hot in July and August.

I'm working 65-70 hrs a week. Ain't it great being essential...
    Do the best you can, with what you've got, where you're at. -Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

I'm retired and usually stay home. I go to the grocery because I always have. My wife can't stand to grocery shop.

I've been in the shop trying to straighten up but not making much progress. I did find several thousand .45ACP brass. I seem to remember buying once fired several years ago. I've been processing(size, deprime and expand the mouth) and sorting. Not really sorting. Most of the brass is Federal, about 90%. The rest is everything else and it is all put in the mixed brass pot.

You know I've got too much time on my hands if I'm sorting, sizing/deprime, expand single stage. There is a reason, just not a good one. I've got a Seiko watch that relies on movement to charge the battery. I estimate that I would have to walk 10 miles a day, swinging my arms excessively, to keep it running. Wearing it on my right wrist while I pull the press handle for all that brass keeps it charged. My wife says I have finally lost it!
    John
    W.TN

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    So that's what you've been up to!
    Well as the world changes some business opportunities end, others come into existence.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    I rendered some pork fat. 50 lbs. of kidney and 25 lbs. of regular. Trying it in biscuits and cornbread. I don't see any difference. Also made a batch of soap with it. Soap still curing. Works well to make tortilla chips. Gave a couple of quarts to a friend. Likes it for pie crusts.

swamp
    There is no problem so great, that it cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives.

Doing a lot more with the kids. We went to the range last week and spent the morning ringing the steel. I've done some spring yard work when the weather has cooperated. Done a ton of reloading. Now, I just need to get off my butt and do the taxes.

Just got laid off so it's going to be a few weeks of cutting down trees and gathering firewood, painting the house and remodeling the kitchen.

Boolit Grand Master

Well, I looked back at my original post about my plans to see what if anything I've accomplished. I have actually accomplished a few things.

The gun safe has been gone through and organized.

I have finished organizing my brass stash. Every piece of brass that I own has been deprimed, tumbled and stored away. The straight wall cases have been resized.

I have counted, rolled and cashed in all of the coins from my coin stash last year.

I have been staying busy and getting things done. Yesterday I started prepping 223's for Mays Prairie Dog hunt. If we get to go.

The Wife cleaned up the garage yesterday.

Today or tomorrow I'll haul off all of the junk from the garage and shop.

No TV so lots of things to do

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    So what is everyone else doing?
    I am a hermit by nature anyway, so this is easy stuff for me.
    Since I don't have TV, and haven't for 25 years, I am doing yard work (when it isn't snowing), but mostly in the man cave.
    I just prepped 500 brass (size/trim/chamfer/swaged/pp cleaned) 223 military for loading. Total ready to load 223 brass is now about 2000.
    BTW, the new Lyman EZ Trim is a wonderful piece of equipment as is the Dillon Swage.
    I have 2000 H&G #51 gc sized/lubed/checked ready to load into polished 357 mag brass. Just need to test 50 of the load (12.5 grains of WW296) before I go off the deep end and start the production line.
    I can cast/size/lube 38/357, 380, 9mm, 45 acp just for fun and put bullets in inventory. I can prep 223 and 308 brass just for fun and put them into inventory as ready to load brass.
    I am so glad I stocked up on components.
    Never a lack of anything to do in the man cave.
    Then there is reading.......
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master

I am working on making wheel weights in to ingots, I do about 500 LBS a day have a few days to go, Then I have more space in the garage to work on stuff.

Boolit Buddy
    I have been canning venison from the freezer. I have loaded a bunch of 308s and now I am working on 45/70 brass for my sharps,...……………………..curdog

Boolit Buddy
    Checking work emails after the biscuits are done cooking. Probably run into work tomorrow to check on the now empty building (empty of staff, the other stuff I need to keep an eye on).

Was up the street helping a neighbor. Her husban beat the snot out of her a few years ago and is in jail now but left her with some brain damage. She can still drive and get around and do stuff but some thing are harder now. She had got a new remote for her garage opener but couldn't get it to work so I got that working again. The handle on her storm door broke and she had picked up a new one so I put that on for her.
    We go through life trying to make the best decisions we can based on the best infomation we can find, that turns out to be wrong.

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    Been under self imposed quarantine because a compromised immune system due to chemotherapy treatments.
    Rains all the time so I can't do much outside.
    Thousands of brass cases processed but my bullet order hasn't arrived yet. My local supplier was shut down by government edict, so I ordered several thousand bullets online. Now that the shut down order for gunshops was lifted, I need to go get my normal order from them next weekend. Hopefully by then my other order will have been delivered. Quite a few hundred dollars tied up in those two orders and I would like to have the bullets.

Been doing a lot of studying of military history...nothing unusual about that.
    If it would stop raining I would like to go on a hike.

I live on a farm so plenty of shooting, casting, reloading every day.

Oh! did I mention some time doing woodworking.

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Today I got my tax filed, a scope mounted on a rifle and did some acraglas bedding on a homemade forend . Also loaded a few 256 WM and shot them from a handi rifle barrel I built recently. Started raining so had to go indoors and look at guns and important stuff on the computer. Glad to be healthy !

Jedman

Vendor Sponsor

Not doing a lot differently, I don't have people coming over during any other time so I didn't have to rearrange anything at home really, and I can still do cylinders and barrels through the mail. Not welding as much, waiting on steel to come for 3 jobs so this week been quite restful.

I stocked up on groceries as best as I could before any restrictions took effect, not hoarding but laid in a decent stash of almond milk and eggs, coffee creamer, canned veggies, etc.. I have two freezers and another one above the fridge which all have food in them basically I just need some fresh veggies now and then.

Praying for our nation and for those who aren't as fortunate.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast