RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How are you passing your time during social distancing

I am learning the (how to) trade stocks and bonds. I put $5000 in an ameritrade account and made $200 my first day. Short market buys pay big these days. I need to get some cash into gun sales and ammo soon! If your killing time right now you may as well make some cash!
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Bites on! Caught about 20 plus dandy perch this afternoon when the sun came out.

Boolit Master
    Doing my bussiness taxes, got all my book work done ,fixing anything i can find to work on in the house.

Boolit Master
    I have been turning some .38 spl cases in to .38 S&W, for an old top break H&R with very light loads.

On an island in a lake in a rainforest of liberals
    I have been taking care of grandkids 6 days a week.
    Ages 0,2,3, and 5.
    Yesterday we planted peas.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Home school a 10 and11 year old child!!!! Common core math...……………………….. really? No wonder they can't count change,( before ya'll set me on fire I know about inventory management, and I agree its the way to go) but I am making sure these two little boys can!!!!!!!!!!!!! Other than that, all range scrap finished, now i'm going to start casting 312-155 2R boolits and on to the .308 we go!!!!!!!!!! Might get ready for early hurricane season as I detailed my truck yesterday!!!!!!!!!! Wife looked at the truck and asked"who's truck did you steal"????? Hahahahahaha!!!! Social distancing...….. ever see a bunch of Rednecks around a fire pit?????? That's social distancing at it's finest! Not gonna get to close to each other, or the pit!!
    Just doing my part so we can get this carp over with!!! And back to work. Ya'll be safe out there.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Quote Originally Posted by Honestly Evil View Post
    by sorting 7 tons of brass so far this month
    Don't shoot much do you?

The 3 B's-Bullets, Books and Beer. Loaded a 1,000 rounds of 9MM, reading Churchill, Walking with Destiny by Andrew Roberts and got a keg of MIA Tourist Trappe.
    I think I see a rip in the social fabric, Brother can you spare some ammo?
    Corb Lund

Boolit Master
    Honey-Do's. Lots and lots and LOTS of Honey-Do's. The house is cleaner than it has been in years, the yard also. Occasionally I will hide in my shop and do something for me but I always get found and re-assigned. Today I spoke (by phone) with the owner of the shop where i have a part time job. The first thing I asked him was "Can I come back to work? SOON???" He only laughed as he knew I was staying locked down until this madness is over. Ah, well, time for another Honey-Do.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    I got excited yesterday I caught five perch in 25 minutes when the sun peaked out of the clouds. Then the bite quit. That’s as many fish I have caught with my pole in the water sitting out in the backyard 24/seven for the last week and a half watching for bites window fishing. The water is just too cold yet and it’s coming up. I’ve had three poles on the water since 8 am and not one fish again... Life could be worse. As soon as it warms up you get sick of pulling fish out.
    Thats the way it was here. 3 days of fishing produced a nice mess of fish but it all happened in 30 minutes!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Honestly Evil View Post
    by sorting 7 tons of brass so far this month
    Holy Smoke! 2 20mm ammo cans was enough to make me cross eyed!

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Playing music on my Yamaha GENOS workstation/arranger keyboard several hours a day. Check out the demos on YouTube and the things it can do!!!!!! AMAZING music machine.

Staying out of ear-shot of the wife....she has a list a mile long for me to do!!!!!!

Watching BluRay movies and Netflix. And now that EPIX and HBO is free for a few weeks, catching up on some I do not own.

Probably gaining a pound or two!

Staying in and being healthy.

banger

Boolit Master
    I’m passing my time by living my life. I really haven’t changed anything.

Boolit Master
    So far glassbedded 2 stocks, trimmed several hundred 308 brass. Waiting for it to warm up so I can do a little hydrographic dipping of the stocks I bedded.

Boolit Grand Master

I’m still working and won’t be stopping short of a complete shutdown. I have been home more since we can’t fly anymore. This means I have to handle the tech support calls that aren’t coming in. Sitting in front of a computer for eight hours a day is brutal.

I built a desktop computer at the end of the last year for the purpose of movie and music archiving. I have a large live music collection that’s either on CD, uncompressed, or is compressed into .shn/.flac. I’ve been going through the compressed discs, updating the metadata and adding them to my server. Both in compressed format for archiving and converted to mp3 for streaming. I don’t need to convert them but it keeps data usage down when I’m away from home.

At last count I had about 6,000 hours of concerts across all formats. And I’ve added very little to the server. The uncompressed discs are going to take a lot of time when I get to them. So when I’m “on tech support” I’ve been working on my live music collection. I’m going to have to expand my server. 8tb in RAID 1 is almost full. I managed to archive all my movies and they take up a large portion of that. Not spending money on more hard drives right now so I may have nothing to do if the situation doesn’t improve in a few weeks.

Boolit Master

Essential worker here. Nothing has changed other than not going out to eat on my days off. I spend 12 hours a day on a computer at work, then drive home, surf the net for an hour, and go to bed. Wake up, get ready for work, then drive 14 miles to work, sit for another 12 hours, and repeat. 4 days one week and 3 days the next.

Due to winter, it's been dark within a couple of hours of getting up on my days off, so not able to go shooting, or hiking, or do anything to regain my sanity.

Girlfriend comes over and spends the night 2-3 days a week and we just watch TV, drink, and make like rabbits. She just did two weeks of self-isolation due to her dad having a quadruple-bypass surgery, so missed that diversion for a while.

Weather is still awful and the snowpack in the mountains is substantial, so can't go anywhere.

Pretty sure I'm sinking into depression, which is normal this time of year. No sun, no fun, and now no human interaction for months is taking it's toll.

Spending way too much money online ordering components and accessories for my new AR-10. No idea when I'll finally be able to shoot it.

But, Spring is right around the corner and a couple of hiking trips will refresh my spirit and body.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Buddy

Cleaning off a fence line and cutting wood for next winter. Need to wean some calves this week if weather permits. Have two new to me, MP hollow point moulds to use if rain is too bad for outside work. Sunshine today, maybe shoot a few carpenter bees if temp. gets high enough for them to venture out.

I’m off work now, for a week and a day. Been building fence, finishing putting siding on the goat barn, built a hay feeder, planting garden, casting, powder coating, loading. Enjoying the time with my wife and children. Actually getting (not enough) but more than I was, SLEEP.
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Grand Master

Got a few garden plants in the ground . 4 tomatoes and 4 TAM jalapeno peppers . They all planted , caged , fertilized and mulched .
    As of today I have 3 Tomatoes on two plants ... BLT's in progress !
    Still haven't found the Gypsy Pepper plants I like to grow each year but I will .
    Still a tad early for the Okra to be planted...I might go ahead and plant some anyway.
    Wife bought some Pumpkin seed ... I'll never understand why . What do you do with pumpkins ?
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    . What do you do with pumpkins ?
    Search "Homemade pumpkin puree" to see how to make it from a whole pumpkin.

The search 'pumpkin recipes' most call for the cans of puree.
    But making your own is not much different than making real mashed potatoes.

There are hundreds of dishes and dessert recipes for them.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast