RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How are you passing your time during social distancing

How are you passing your time during social distancing

Just wondering what others are doing to pass their time while staying home.

Internet streaming TV on Hulu and the kids got us a year of Netflix for Christmas.

I have a bunch of casting and reloading tasks to get around to. Brass to prep, a new brass HP mold that I have just started to use (3 pins of 4 still to cast with)

Have boxes of old photo prints and am thinking of scanning them all for back up and sharing among family.

Also have software (Spin-It Again) that makes it pretty easy to feed my old albums or cassettes into computer. Does a nice job of cleaning up crackle or hiss without making the music muddy. Did all my parents old Christmas albums, then burned each to a CD for my siblings. Now I may do the rest while listening to the music I enjoy anyway.

Trying real hard to not annoy wife enough that she decide appropriate way to social distance is for me to run an extension cord to the garden shed and make myself comfortable. I try to do some self quarantine in the garage every day to give her a break.

So what is everyone else doing?
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BCA Bolt.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	259014
    Making replacement parts, reloading, making delrin hammers, shooting, having long conversations with family.

Boolit Master
    Well... I got quarantined Thursday morning for two weeks because I worked at a military base where someone tested positive. I have no symptoms and don't expect to get any.
    The timing actually worked out pretty well because I was planning to move next weekend so I have plenty of time to pack everything up. I gotta admit, this will probably be the least stressful move of my life
    On the other hand it is virtually impossible to file an unemployment claim right now.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    I'm prepping brass to make jackets out of. I have two boxes of old military patches to sort and identify. Honey do list of course. Various other small projects to do. Stay safe and well.

Boolit Bub
    Lots of internet surfing

Plumber here, so job is essential to the infrastructure, which is on the exempt list. I’m thankful, and yet a couple days off does sound nice.
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Master

About the only real change for us is that we have to go to church online. We still have all our regular services they are just over face book live now.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Practice bass & guitar, PC if humidity goes down, maybe cast some more. And of course, on here.
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    I am 82 so I am staying at home. I was going to do some CB reloading but ran out of small pistol primers and L'l Gun powder. I can't find either anywhere online. My LGS doesn't have them either, not that I would go to town to get them.

So if any of you know of an online source of sp primers and L'l Gun, let me know(reply).
    NRA Lifetime member since 1956, NRA Endowment Member. Reloading since 1954. CBA Member Navy Vietnam Veteran USS Intrepid CVA 11

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by JSnover View Post
    Well... I got quarantined Thursday morning for two weeks because I worked at a military base where someone tested positive. I have no symptoms and don't expect to get any.
    The timing actually worked out pretty well because I was planning to move next weekend so I have plenty of time to pack everything up. I gotta admit, this will probably be the least stressful move of my life
    On the other hand it is virtually impossible to file an unemployment claim right now.
    I was looking into filing unemployment for my girlfriend in PA. According to labor website you just need to file online and believe they have waived the initial week waiting period. Good luck

Boolit Master
    Smelt, cast, load, shoot, rinse, repeat...........
    Make no mistake -- They will remember how easily you surrendered your rights.

Boolit Master
    +1 for the essential employees list. I’m still out on the road doing my job as always with a few caveats of primary focus being helping others avoid Covid-19.

Kinda jealous of you guys who get some time to clear the to do list/streaming queue. Enjoy it for the rest of us.

For those who are getting to be at home I say, you suck! (Yes Roger I’m looking at you )

But please everyone be safe out there and take appropriate precautions when necessary.

Boolit Master

Prepping and exorbitant quantity of 223/556 brass. For entertainment, I watch FOX news and see how the left is...never mind. But yes, this is a good time for everyone to do those things on the list that's been put off. I'm in a state that has the mandatory "lock-down" until April 13th. I'm an instructor for a college (non-essential) and can't necessarily do "distance learning" because "inmates" are my students! But I do salute those who are essential, and don't have a choice of staying home, thank you! Also I salute everyone who is taking precautions to not spread/contract this virus. Stay safe everyone!
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

We go into Lock-Down Wednesday here in WA, County Health Department for Pacific County closed the Beach Access, Hotels and all Dine in Dining, pubs and bars yesterday. Go Figure the 2 Pot Shops in town are open for Curbside Service. Only the grocery stores and Gas Stations remain business as usual. So it is what ever entertainment we can get from Cable TV and Roku, whatever I can do at my reloading bench and Casting more .490 Round balls I can do.

Boolit Grand Master

So far I've found enough to do to keep me from being bored.

I just finished emptying out the gun safe and reorganizing everything in it. I sold a few guns on Gunbroker that I either bought as investments or that I don't shoot anymore.

I just finished counting and rolling last years accumulation of coins and taking them to the bank. $258 worth! This is from emptying out my pockets every night.

I've been spending a little time every few days straightening up in the shop. Its a work in progress. Putting things where they go, throwing some stuff away and starting a pile to go to the auction house.

About a month ago we smelted last years collection of lead. I still have to stack the ingots in a milk crate.

I've been organizing my brass stash. Sorting, sizing and tumbling everything. I about have the 45's and 44's ready to load. I have enough bullets cast for them but they are still waiting to be sized. My goal is to have it all sorted, deprimed and tumbled and to have the straight walled cases sized before this virus thing is over. I'm also fixing to start loading for a 41 Magnum and have a new mold for it.

About once a week the Wife and I will get out and go for a ride. We're getting more and more Eagles around here and its fun finding new nest about everytime we get out and about. I help a buddy take care of 2 different Duck Clubs and I ride can around on them. One is about 220 acres and the other is about 330 acres. Lots of wildlife and there are still ducks here.

We've been trying the fish out but they don't seem to be biting yet.

As the weather gets warmer I'll do more and more stuff outside. My truck needs washing badly and the Wife's Expedition needs vacuumed out.

Last weekend we burned the last of the wood that I had stored in the garage so I'll sweep it out and do a little straightening up out there.

And when my MS has me dragging I hang out here on Cast Boolits and talk about what I need to be doing!

Working in the woods as weather permits, but it still is March here in Central NYS. Otherwise, reloading, reading and watching the boob tube.

Boolit Master

I love the fact that we live in the country.
    We own 10 acres so we can be outside and still be socially spaced.
    I feel sorry for you city folks.
    I am 78 and not interested in socializing right now.
    I am missing our old farts gathering for coffee each day and going out to eat, but we cant be too careful.
    I need to start planting my garden, when weather allows.
    I have beenover to the east side shooting sage rats so I have plenty of loading to do.
    I load 45ACP for the family so with 6 of them being used I need to load more of them.
    My wife and I like to go for rides.
    They have stocked the local lake with 10K legal size trout so far so that has been another option.

Boolit Master
    I bought a set of 5 steel targets. I'm spending some time scrounging through my undesignated inventory pile, finding stuff that will work, and then welding together a stand for each of those targets. I am retired, and have always been somewhat of a hermit, so staying home really isn't an issue.

I ordered a salt bath annealer kit, a Frankford Arsenal rotary wet tumbler, some PID components, brass case prep stuff and few other things I’ve been wanting. Plan on spending quite a bit of time converting 223/556 brass to 300blkout. May go to the range and mine the berms for lead. They closed the range completely for now.
    Just knowing enough to do it, is not enough to do it right! -Taz

Boolit Grand Master

Id be doing a lot better if I had gotten the new shop finished before this hit. I may go out today and start on a grinder stand for in the shop. its a simple enough build and weather is warming up enough to be out there with out heat. Insulation is supposed to be here the 26th. I can start sanding on the lockers getting them ready to paint. I have enough to just not a lot to do it with. Right now my concern is how this is going to slow the electrician and heating cooling down.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast